Thread: The Official Conversation Thread

The Official Conversation Thread

Well it is a reboot, you gotta expect some stuff to be ignored.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

I read the director's optimism and the creator's. That's great, but I very much doubt I'll share it Anything Bay is touching has a track record for being crap-tified. Of note: the turtles and splinter were mutated from being exposed to alien ooze, but they were from Earth. If they keep that and the alien thing was made in that sense, fine, but if they mean they're actually from space, then the entire origin of the beings is gone. Well, let's do that to Superman with his new movie and make him a mechanic from Earth that was exposed to toxic waste to get his powers See how far that goes with the fanbase, whether DC is excited about it, or not.

Originally Posted by Drazar

@Jackwinz: Excited for Beetlejuice sequel with MICHAEL KEATON?! .
    Is it green-lit?!? If so, HELLZ YEAH.

>Release promo pic of Bruce Banner
    >Hes the exact opposite of angry and green

Dammit I wanna see more Hulk, not his lame nerd side.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi

>Release promo pic of Bruce Banner
    >Hes the exact opposite of angry and green

Dammit I wanna see more Hulk, not his lame nerd side.

I will always prefer this
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

I met Lou Ferigno once. Stand up guy; super nice and awesome, too.
    signature image

Lou Ferrigno is the man.

While I hate that they replaced Norton, Ruffalo does remind me of the Bixby.. That's kinda cool.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    Is it green-lit?!? If so, HELLZ YEAH.
    Nah, early development process. Burton is involved to a certain extent.

Jane Goldman confirmed to work on X-Men: First Class 2

This is going to be so great. I hope Vaughn can open the movie the way he wants: Magneto murdering John F Kennedy.

Magneto killing JFK would be awesome.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/...nagers-either/

Gee, there goes that Mutant in the title, along with them being Teenage in age. Now introducing!

Ninja Turtles

The title supposedly now. It's also supposedly following that great successful title model for John Carter Yeah, this is sounding better by the day.

(click image to enlarge)

On a more serious note, how many of you returned to the offices of Sterling Cooper Draper Price for the season premiere of Mad Men?
    signature image

I don't know what bugs me more, what Bay is doing to the Turtles or the fact that despite all of the outrage it will break box office records and people who hate it will be labelled as fanboys and snobs who just can't enjoy something for the turd it is.

But really, I think this time Bay may have made a mistake... Pissing off Transformers fans is one thing. Transformers is not something of the past, it is still current with a current fanbase and with its own multiverse. But Turtles fans? Those are fans driven almost 100% by nostalgia. The backlash is right to be huge. When the first Transformers movie was in the works everyone was against it until Peter Cullen was announced as Prime. Then fans got hyped. But here? One of the creators has already come out in support of the project and fan reaction is basically "Get bent, Turtles are OUR thing.":

Bay Confirms namechange, further comments:
    Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE’S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN.
    Also i disagree on the Nostalgia Old Ben. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had the brand new 2000 tv series that was also popular among the fans and had a cross-over with the original cartoon which was an very awesome movie, a great tribute to all forms of Ninja Turtles in my opinion. Nickledeon is getting ready with their brand new CGI Turtles show and IDW is publishing new comics and re-publishing the old school ones.

@Hunter: Use THUMB tags instead of IMG for big pictures. It helps alot.

All that new stuff is barely a blip compared to the old stuff and how much of the fanbase for the new stuff is motivated by nostalgia over the old stuff?

That depends. Ofcourse the old material gets alot more talk as the fans are now grown adults who are active on the internet, but the 2003 series lasted for 153 episodes, thats an enourmous amount! More than shows like Batman Beyond and Batman the Brave & the Bold managed together, both which are cult loved Batman shows.

Of course there are the old fans who watched the new show or purchased the dvds and whatnot, like the internet "star" Angry Video Game Nerd, gosh, i wonder what he thinks about the Ninja Turtles reboot.

James has already commented on it:

My inbox has been getting slammed the past couple days about the news regarding the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. All the outrage is over a comment producer Michael Bay made about the turtles being from outer space. My thoughts?

I watched the video clip and laughed out loud. I thought he was making a joke or it was a slip up. Do I care much? No. It’s Michael Bay. What did you expect? The Transformers movies had barely anything to do with Transformers, so I’ve always been foreseeing him giving the same sort of treatment to TMNT. Changing the turtles origins I’m sure is only the beginning. Wait until you see Krang is a 20 foot slug or something. We can only guess.

Why does Michael Bay have to be involved with every horror reboot and every reboot of our favorite 80′s cartoons. Because you all keep going to see his movies! The last Transformers movie made over a billion dollars worldwide! Sure I thought the Transformers movies were entertaining enough, though I wish they were called something else. The title was the bait and we were the fish. You have the choice to see the new TMNT or not. My suggestion is if you don’t like the concept, avoid the bait and don’t see it.
    He hits it right on the nose: What else can you expect when you keep giving him money?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Insanity? More like helping out his friends and rising film makers. Michael Bay was nothing but a music video director but than became a big name and thus is helping out his buddies and whatnot. Anyhow, thank you for the response post, dunno how i missed it. =(

PS. Also the old school TMNT we're some of the first graphic novels i ever read, i remember it like yesterday: Being with my cousin in the library, noting how lame these Turtle books we're because they we're black and white, still deciding to chekc them out and holy crap we're they rough, brutal and pure awesome.

I really should check out the old collections they've reprinted.

Michael Bay isn't the one who is insane, its the people who stimutaneously whine about him and see his movies.

Michael Bay is one of the worst directors and yes, it's because he's nothing more than a music video director who's imitating trying to tell a story, using flashy music directing techniques (sweeping, almost non-stop camera pans and moves, quick cuts, shaky camera, high key and back lighting from the sun in outdoor shots, slow motion, etc., and highly animated and ridiculous acting, almost like cartoon characters in live action form, for the various blaze actors brought on the films) and not those that are about compelling story, getting realistic acting, story and continuity logic -- those types of things. Armageddon is probably the best of the bunch that he's made and it's pretty cheesy and annoying when watched now (nothing he's made has "aged well" at all). The fact that the Transformers movies, as absolutely terrible as they are, have made so much money world-wide is troubling, to say the least. And I am sure this movie will make money; even if not here, certainly world-wide. The domestic market for films is less than half, and a bit more than a third, of the revenue a film these days makes back, so why even bother caring what the pions in America think? Michael Bay sure doesn't. Nor would anyone under him, at this point. Hollywood can't even come up with anything original. I mean anything.

They are sent every year in each of the major studios hundreds and hundreds of thousands of scripts. Over a million, I am sure, scripts a year are either returned, or burned (I am not kidding, as the cost of return mail is not something they will pay for, most likely, so they must be destroyed), simply because Hollywood is afraid of being sued and, therefore, they do not accept unsolicited scripts. You must have an agent that knows someone in order to even get a possible yes on having the privilege to send a script to one of the execs, who then will ask you, or your agent, to pitch why the idea will work. These execs mostly have no idea of story, and are only interested in keeping their jobs and making at least the money back put into the movies they make, so your genius story ideas, or thinking creatively -- all of that is lost on them. You'll have to go through meetings and pitches to them and their interest groups, and maybe they want rewrites and things changed, maybe they give you a tentative yes, or option your script and the idea for what might amount to years, just in case they want to make it and in case the other guys out there might beat them to it first... The luck of actually getting the movie made is pretty low and usually, even if that script was seen, you pitched it, they optioned it, re-optioned it ... none of that matters. In the end, it falls by the wayside and is never made.

However, while all of this is happening to hundreds of the chosen poor slobs of writers each year, crap like remakes, reboots, crapy treatments of old TV shows, comics, video games ... these are the stories made into mostly quick-cash-in films that are made and produced here in the greatness that is Hollywood. While certain gems eek out of the rough, like Nolan's films, and maybe some of the Marvel stuff, most of it is GARBAGE. Yet, people keep seeing it (though, less and less here in America every year, as they continually raise the prices to see these spectacles); if not here, then abroad, where the real money is made...

Just checking on today's stories in the world of La La Land, and besides slight Avengers and Dark Knight Rises news, what is there? A new trailer for Total Recall, new TV spot for Dark Shadows, Bay's reply on Ninja Turtles, A Carrie remake (another one?!), and Robocop will no longe have a covered face... -_- Gee, it's 1979-1983/5 all over again! Only ... not.

Welcome to the end of Hollywood's relevance, of movies meaning a damn, and of most of the culture of America.

Sorry to be such a realist downer on that, but unless something changes soon, this is it.

Hylden dropping truth bombs up in here.

___ the Turtles for a second! Who watched MAD MEN!?!?!
    signature image

What i hate the most is the complete DISREGARD of the fanbase. Look at the back lash Bioware is gettting from the fans. Or The Metacritic scores for MW3.

These people know the true fans "hate" them for what they are doing, But sadly the fanbase is merely a small number compared to the intended audience.

I think Avatar the Last air Bender and DragonBall Evolution are the only recent childhood films that thankfully bombed in the theaters. Meanwhile Transformers makes billions because the casual movie goer likes explosions 3d and CGI...ironically that didnt work for Green Lantern (loved that btw)

If Bay made transformers the way it was supposed to be, only the fans would watch it, and it would probably fail...which is why they have to cater to the larger audience and end up pissing on the fans. The fans WANT the movies to succeed thats why we go back to watch them. But as soon as it goes mainstream, it becomes a different story.

I just hope Bioware & Bay change their initial standpoint, and remember People are worth more than Profits....

Page 115 of 257 First First ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... Last