Page 1 of 257 123451151101 ... Last

Thread: The Official Conversation Thread

The Official Conversation Thread

The Un-official Conversation Thread

It's come to my attention we kinda need one of these.
    Mostly because of threads like "IGN Wrote An Empty Article, Let's Talk About It!" Why not just post your small meaningless things here, we'll discuss it, relevent or not, and move on.
    And hey, this doesn't have to be just for overflow from important stuff, talk about whatever, get to know each other.

It's not uncommon for forums to have these, why not us?

So.. Jack Nicholson is awesome.

Am I the only one who hated Tim Burton's version of Penguin in BR?

Jack Nicholson is awesome.

And Devito's Penguin was awesome too.

But Frank Miller's Batman is especially awesome. Well, mostly in the 80's, anyways.

I dislike Burton's original Batman film. I'd much rather watch Nolan's Bat films. And I never cared to watch Batman Returns due to my disliking of Burton's first Bat film. Jack Nicholson is still awesome regardless LOL
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

I'll admit Burton's Batman films may not be the best ones ever, but they're still good, and it's very hard to argue that they're at least very iconic and popular, a large staple in the history of Batman media. But they definitely put the Schumacher films to shame, as well as the ones preceding them (the Adam West movie -- hell, the whole series -- and the 40's film serials).

But bar none the best are the animated films. The DCAU ones are the cream of the crop, with the only one standing shoulder to shoulder with Mask of The Phantasm thus far being Under The Red Hood.

I love the Burton movies. Such a dark and spooky interpretation, especially in Returns. I think both of them nail the "vibe" of Batman much better than the Nolan series, despite some of the goofier aspects.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Does anyone else feel that the Hush storyline would make for an awesome videogame? I know it's not everyone's favorite comic, but it's hard to deny the plot would fit greatly with a thrilling gaming experience.

I think it would but only because its fairly long and has a lot of villains, not unlike Arkham Asylum.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

I love Tim Burton's movies.
    Devito's Penguin was so freaking cool, so dark, you just have to understand, he's not the guy from the comics. He's a Tim Burton character..

Mask of the phantasm, wow.
    This movie is just amazing. So deep, dark, thoughtful, mature, this is up there with the live action movies.

I really wish this was a Nolan movie.
    Can you imagine how cool that'd!?
    WelI, I guess this'd be a pretty good time to show you guys this..
    I never finished it.. yeah.

I saw that before, and it blew me away. I want to get it on a t-shirt.

JackWinz, you are the God of Editing.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    JackWinz, you are the God of Editing.
    Flattered, but we know it isn't true.

I guess I will go on and finish it, rather, I'll start back with the original resources and remake it.

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    Am I the only one who hated Tim Burton's version of Penguin in BR?
    I didn't like the changes, but Devito's acting really made it great. So while it's not something i would rather wanna see more, it was still a very well and fleshed out character to me.

Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    And I never cared to watch Batman Returns due to my disliking of Burton's first Bat film.
    I think you should checkout Returns. I actually prefer it over the 89 movie. It's spooky, you got 4 very disturbed main characters in the movie. Really it shouldn't cost much to rent it, and it's likely on Netflix aswell if you have an account.

Does anyone else feel that the Hush storyline would make for an awesome videogame?
    The story would still drag down the game heavily in terms of quality.

as well as the ones preceding them (the Adam West movie -- hell, the whole series
    Adam West series is still to this day far more iconic representasion of Batman than the Burton franchise, you got great portrayls of Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Penguin, and so many more, withouth some unnecessary changes to these characters whatsoever. Honestly to this day Adam West's incarnation of Batman has been the most accurate to comics.

Tim Burton has nothing on the 60s series.

in my opinion, you gotta credit Burton for putting the "gothic" back into Gotham ... that was arguably the best things about his Batman movies

(and yes, Nicholson was awesome as Joker ... but so too was Ledger. On that note, I'm reallyexcited about seeing Hardy as Bane - reckon he'll knock it out the park)

Burton's Batman would have been a lot better with someone other than Keaton.
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

I think Batman 1989 was superior over Returns because of Returns' need for more than one antagonist. I like the first because it doesn't over complicate things, it's there bright as day Joker v Batman v Mob. Isn't it the formula to to TDK too? Besides Two-Face of course.
    ...exactly why I made the stfu thread...

My problem with Returns was that Batman was barely there at all. Aside from that I really enjoyed it.

I'm hoping one day a movie will truly capture the entirety of the comics. I think the only ones that have succeeded in doing that so far are the animated films.

Jack i love your photoshopps they awesome
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by LemonLoafer
    I think Batman 1989 was superior over Returns because of Returns' need for more than one antagonist. I like the first because it doesn't over complicate things, it's there bright as day Joker v Batman v Mob. Isn't it the formula to to TDK too? Besides Two-Face of course.
    On that note wasn't Two-Face originally meant to be in Batman Returns? Shame they took him out..

he was definitely in Burton's first film, but just under the guise of Harvey Dent

but, er, he was played by Billy Dee Williams

Yeah I heard the only reason he took the role in the first was because he wanted to play Two-Face in the second

The title of this thread gave me an idea for a book.It's a memoir of a supervillain called "Conversations with myself:Connecting with the other you" By Harvey Dent.
    signature image

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    Flattered, but we know it isn't true.
    When you finally photoshop Michael Sheen as The Joker,you will be.

If anyone wants to read a really great article on what makes Batman Returns a great Batman movie, read this.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    If anyone wants to read a really great article on what makes Batman Returns a great Batman movie, read this.
    What gorgeous insight. It makes me want to watch Batman Returns again right now just because of that. Half of those thoughts had never even occurred to me and in retrospect it is absolutely right. I only disagree with about 2% of it, but it has nothing to do with the film itself, but other parts. How wonderful.

Really recommend reading it.

Yeah, reading it gave me a renewed respect for Burton.

Page 1 of 257 123451151101 ... Last