Thread: Classic outfit?

Classic outfit?

I just signed up today so i don't know how the forums work but anyway this seemed to slightly resemble the classic outfit. Its been bugging me since the boots slightly resemble the original design. I was thinking that maybe on the island Lara might have ripped her jeans to make them into shorts since i would not like to be wet with pants on unlike shorts. So what do you think?

Anyway i edited the photo to see what i'm talking about(p.s. it was kinda of quick and i didn't know how to make rips in clothing.

(click image to enlarge)

i dont think it looks anything like original lara to be honest xD. JMO tho ^.^
    signature image

I agree that it looks a bit like the classic outfit from the first game. Especially the colour of her t-shirt.

It was said in one of the interviews that CD did this deliberately to keep at least mere reference to the old Lara.

Yep maybe they have the same colours and material, still I really like the new outfit way much better

I don't think it looks like the original outfit. I strongly prefer the TR1 outfit and think this one would have been better if it did look more like that.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    I agree that it looks a bit like the classic outfit from the first game. Especially the colour of her t-shirt.

It was said in one of the interviews that CD did this deliberately to keep at least mere reference to the old Lara.
    Essentially the new look IS the classic outfit, just reimagined and modernized for the times. It basically updates the original thematic design to make the outfit relevant and practical in a more contemporary real world context.
    signature image

You can't really compare them because her old outfit was made back in the day when games were all..... you know.....not how they are nowand when she had triangular shaped breats
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraider1best View Post
    You can't really compare them because her old outfit was made back in the day when games were all..... you know.....not how they are nowand when she had triangular shaped breats
    A good point. You didn't have advanced texturing back then, so most outfits were just simplified & stylized color patterns of the polygonal areas that made up the character model. Much like how old comic book character's were just basic color areas to create the effect of spandex conforming to their muscular body.

This kinda goes with what I said about this new look being the classic outfit, reimagined and modernized. With today's tech, you can take that thematic design and portray it as it would be with real fabrics and clothing seams & stitching patterns, so has a more real world contextual appearance and not the simplified and stylized "comic book costume" look of the old games.
    signature image

Well obviously Lara wasn't too keen on the pants at first, since she wears a lot of short shorts later in the story-line.

Quote Originally Posted by tombraider1best View Post
    Formally known as Madonna cones. It was hip in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Luv View Post
    Formally known as Madonna cones. It was hip in those days.
    Haha, yess xD its just so funnys looking back on it though, its the one ting that pops into mind when somebody says tomb raider1, oh yeh the one with........ lmao oohhhhhhhh. :')
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Luv View Post
    Well obviously Lara wasn't too keen on the pants at first, since she wears a lot of short shorts later in the story-line.
    so she doesn't like the pants anyway did any of you see the rest of the paragraph not sure if you did but do you THINK she will rip the rest of her pants up in the game? i mean since lara is stranded on an island surrounded by water at least let her rip the rest of her pants off to make the shorts if they do have outfits i think it should be labeled IX Outfit Ripped(a.k.a. "classic")

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
    i mean since lara is stranded on an island surrounded by water at least let her rip the rest of her pants off to make the shorts if they do have outfits i think it should be labeled IX Outfit Ripped(a.k.a. "classic")
    Those pants really don't suit her at all. Got to say I too am hoping they end up getting ripped to make some much nicer shorts.

It's not like Lara's never had full legged outfits before. Why does that seem not to suit her now?
    signature image

It would be fantastic to have classic Lara as an unlockable with TR9's graphics.