Thread: Something that didn't make sense to me

Something that didn't make sense to me

Okay, so the podcast says that CD is still searching for a voice actress to play Lara, they don't have one at the moment... but, if you read through the game informer article... The author who played the demo clearly quotes Lara speaking, and "screaming". so... if they don't have a voice actress how do they have her speaking/yelling in the demo?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Okay, so the podcast says that CD is still searching for a voice actress to play Lara, they don't have one at the moment... but, if you read through the game informer article... The author who played the demo clearly quotes Lara speaking, and "screaming". so... if they don't have a voice actress how do they have her speaking/yelling in the demo?
    Well they will probably just use parts audio from the old games and whatnot for now just for demo purposes until they find somebody to actually provide their voice to the dialogue in the script.

Or they may have got a voice actress to record cool place holding acting
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

I was thinking placeholder.
    signature image

Placeholder temp tracks are the norm, and often done by in-house employees, like a receptionist, a programmer, a playtester, etc. They may even use auditioning voice-actors, but that's tricky with unions and requires contracts in-house employees don't apply to. A voice-actor may be hired, and then have to quit before the work is complete, for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    Or they may have got a voice actress to record cool place holding acting
    Please tell me we will get to hear/see some of that!
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

well they probably have temporary voices so that they know how the game wil go, still testing. THAT or they are lying to us

Quote Originally Posted by keir View Post
    or they may have got a voice actress to record cool place holding acting
    orly?

Placeholder voice overs. The rumor goes around Keir provided the voice

Quote Originally Posted by Pietras View Post
    Placeholder voice overs. The rumor goes around Keir provided the voice
    Bwahaha!

The voice may or may not actually sound really great to me - but Crystal have particularly high standards. Maybe Scott will be able to release some of these placeholder files waaaay down the line if anyone is interested.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

haha I see now I wasn't aware devs did that. I got my hopes up thinking CD may be tricking us and they had an actress all along :P Keir... as lara croft.... hmmm I'm gonna say i like that idea! lmao, but yeah that would be really cool to hear the placeholder files maybe they should include in some sort of bonus gallery after completing the game? or a special features section? I'm hoping they decide to keep that... ie.. unlockable content, galleries etc. thanks for clarifying though everyone
    signature image

Maybe Scott will be able to release some of these placeholder files waaaay down the line if anyone is interested.
    Eeeeverybody loves Behind the Scenes/Making of bonuses!
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    Eeeeverybody loves Behind the Scenes/Making of bonuses!
    I second that!!!
    signature image

Bwahaha!

The voice may or may not actually sound really great to me - but Crystal have particularly high standards. Maybe Scott will be able to release some of these placeholder files waaaay down the line if anyone is interested.
    Keir. I don't believe I have been able to tell you how rediculously awesome you are. Consider yourself informed in this matter. I like how you just causally slipped in the placeholder tidbit. I have an idea. Can a man play Lara?!?!? Cause I'll do it!! Keely Hawes aint got nothing on my deliveries!!! Hahahaha aha aha ha . . . Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!