Page 2 of 15 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Random Gaming News

Random Gaming News

Arrow

See, this is why i torture myself in playing games on the hardest available difficulty on my first playthrough...
    It's not for some flawed sense of pride, not even for them shiny trophies, but simply because it gives us the 'illusion' that the game is of an decent length and allowing us to actually not finish the game in less than two nights...

It would have been all fine and gravy if the hard modes were actually tested and not just programmed so that the AI can pull out one shot kills...
    Only very Very few games have a 'decent' hard mode that you can actually consider it as challenging and not patience-raping...
    But for the rest? the big majority? ...
    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    "There is no industry standard as to how long a game should be."
    HOLY BABY JESUS THAT SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR IT MUST BE ONE OF THEM MEMORABLE QUOTES IN ONE OF THEM IMPORTANT PIECE OF LITERATURE LIKE THE BIBLE OR THE CONSTITUTION BUT CERTAINLY NONE OF THAT COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA !...

USA ! USA !!...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

You're lying, Charlie. You didn't start Dog Days on Extreme. I did.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Thumbs Up

It depends on the game, for example Bioshock, World at War, God of War III too i started on the second hardest mode...

But fact remains that years ago i didn't had to do this to get a satisfactory length of experience... There was a time when i only played games on Easy or Normal and easily achieve a twelve hour runtime, and i was playing non-sandbox titles...

There's also the theory that as the years go by i became more and more experienced with games, so naturally it all seems shorter now that i got use to it...but then if that's the case the complaints about short lengthed games wouldn't also come from the young ones who barely played games...
    And the suggestion that we stick to RPG, RTS and Sandbox if we want long games is getting more and more boring...

At least, slim down the price tag according to the content you are offering...

PS: Dog Man, i am quite satisfied of obtaining both Hand of God and Dead Men Rising trophies at the same time...
    Are you happy for your lordship?

Fine, you deserve a piece of my dark Belgian chocolate.

I think he'd prefer your Belgian P90, with some 5.7 almonds
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Covered in chocolate. Wrapped in a doggy bag.

Well , now I want one.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

800msp.

Rolleyes

Kind of interesting that just as we are discussing the whole 'short game' issue , our dear pal Jim Sterling*from the far side of our sane society has written an article asking that people who * about not wanting to pay sixty bucks for eight hour quality games to , essentially , shut the up ...
    http://www.destructoid.com/oh-no-six...p-192908.phtml

Now while what he says is not entirely bollocks ... this is a perfect case of how someone completely misses the point , or is just plain dellusional ...

I mean , is he really saying that we have to suck up the fact that the industry can't produce sixteen hour single player games , and just smile at this current fine eight hour standard ? ...

Furthermore WHERE ARE THESE eight hour games he is talking about ? ...
    The only eight hour games i encountered are Only If i played them on Hard , and yes , i'm probably playing the same damn quality title he is playing (or believes he is playing) ...

Rolleyes

So are we to believe that it takes Jim Sterling*eight hours to complete a game on easy/normal setting while we can complete the same game at the same time but on harder difficulty settings?...
    Hopefully, for the sake of our sanity, that is the logical explanation to the outrage: game developers and especially, Especially the critics, despite being faced with nothing but video games in the majority of their weekly lives, can't play them for ...

By the way it is quite interesting that Jim took another bash at Dog Days' four hours in that article, because in the meantime he reviewed Killzone 3, that four and a half game? and gave it a full Ten, which stands for, apparently: "Flawless Victory*10s are as close to perfect as you will get in a genre or on a platform. Pure, untarnished videogame ecstasy."...

Oh, right, it probably took him twelve hours to finish it on easy setting, and he'll probably blame his controller too...
    http://www.destructoid.com/review-ki...3-192726.phtml

Don't feed the troll, Charlie. Poor fat blob will explode. On second thought... Feed him everything you've got.

Jim Sterling is a reviewer that is entertaining but entirely unreliable. Never trust his review scores, he's a terrible critic, but a good entertainer.

Killzone 3 looks great whenever Ray Winstone and Malcom McDowell are on screen, but pretty bad everywhere else.

On another topic, how's all this Dark Souls stuff seeming to everybody? I like that it is basically Demon's Souls for other consoles and avoids that pesky exclusivity while remaining essentially the same product. Here's the trailer: http://www.giantbomb.com/dark-souls-...r-you/17-3759/
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Wink

Oh Jim's video of the ten worst games of 2010 was very entertaining alright , but his absolute hatred for Dog Days makes no sense ...
    I mean i don't think even Jeff would have behaved the same way had he not been fired from Gamespot ...

Anywya , i surprizingly haven't played Demon Soul despite my obvious penchant for traumatic hard difficulty experiences , so i'll have to pick that up before Dark Soul ...
    Or just skip Demon completely and take on with the new one ... this new one that the developers Refuses to consider it as a sequel ... ... ... Damn ...

PS: glad to see they make up with Malcom McDowell after having wasted him as a twelve-line minor character in God of War III ...
    Seriously , what were they thinking ? ...

Thumbs Up

New Call of Juarez coming out this summer , woot woot ! ...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...es-modern-day/

And it is set in modern days with choppers and bling bling drive-bys with a mature story ! ...

I demand samurai K&L! You know you want it IOI, you know it!

Cool

*reads UhUh's post* ...

*makes a phone call to Kent and Bevacur* ...

*waiting for night fall, UhUh goes to bed* ...

*the bed transforms into a briefcase and sucks UhUh right into it* ...

*Bevacur laughs, and brings the bed-briefcase to Kent* ...

*Kent flies his alien-saucer confiscated by the government during the days he worked for the black ops* ...

*the saucer flies above Denmark, Kent throws the briefcase out* ...

*the briefcase crashlands into IO's headquarter and transforms back into the bed* ...

*the bed lands right into the board room where folks were discussing their next game* ...

*UhUh delivers the idea of the century* ...

And thus , the best game of all time was made ...

Kane & Lynch: The7 Samurais ...

I feel like the new Call of Juarez will be the death of the series. The thing about Call of Juarez was always that it is essentially the only first person shooter of good enough quality and recognition that takes place in a time before semi-automatic weaponry. In the first person shooter genre, that makes an enormous difference to gameplay.

Now, with it being modern, it's not really going to be such a unique product on the market, just another mostly linear modern shooter. So this means that either it will be generic as hell, or they've added some crazy new feature that will likely be of little importance.

Also, whenever somebody describes their plot as being "relevant" I can't help but think "topical", "interesting to the kids" and "full of references that will be dated in 3 years".

I'll still probably end up buying it though, I enjoyed the others enough, even if I hate the sound of the game.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

The Darkness 2 is coming, if I remeber correctly some of you wanted the sequel, right?

Originally Posted by UhUh
    The Darkness 2 is coming, if I remeber correctly some of you wanted the sequel, right?
    THAT WOULD BE ME.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

I WANT A SEQUEL SO BADLY.

But if Digital Extremes turns The Darkness 2 into the next Dog Days' I just might take a leave of absence from reality for a few generations.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Originally Posted by IMPYEMU
    THAT WOULD BE ME.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

I WANT A SEQUEL SO BADLY.

But if Digital Extremes turns The Darkness 2 into the next Dog Days' I just might take a leave of absence from reality for a few generations.
    Me first!

The Darkness was perfect in everyway despite getting average reviews. Some people say they struggled with the controls but i thought it was fine.

Yeah story was pure brilliance, lets hope the Darkness does not take over the course of two days....
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Exclamation

Oh my God, knock on wood Bevacur, lest we jinx it.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Rolleyes

It's interesting how we're all liking it to Dog Days , because here comes a bit more detail on Darkness 2 , and it seems that -just like Dog Days- it's the Graphics that will be the 'big change' ...

Cel-shading brothers , cel-shading ... it's the new 'real' ! ...

See this is why i didn't wanted to get excited too soon ...
    Sure the Darkness 2 may still be a good if not great game ... but to surpass the original and to please everybody ? i think that glory age is over ...

In other news , Bulletstorm is NOT a rape simulator ...
    Bad news indeed , now we're going to make more real people scream ... for better or worst ...

Also , more details for Dark Souls ...

LA Noire gameplay, looks promising.

Thumbs Up

Man , if there is one new year's resolution that i'm not going to break is this one: not to watch any gameplay trailers ...

I don't even want to know what the HUD looks like , every game that comes out in 2011 is going to amaze me as a fresh new untouched piece of meat ...

Yes sir ...
    I'm done with spoilers ...

I would have opted cryo sleeps or whatever Bears do for months in a cave , and then when i wake up i just go and buy all the games that came out during the year and have all them originality explode all over my face ... unfortunately it don't work too well for human beings , so we have to suffer and endure the whole year ! ...

RAW ...

Alright who else is with me for a no-spoiler 2011 and beyond ? ...

I've made only one new year's resolution, the one I've been making each year and that is: not to make new year's resolutions.

Page 2 of 15 First First 12345612 ... Last