Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415

Thread: Random Gaming News

Random Gaming News

Co-Optimus :FarCry 3 Co-Op Campaign Trailer Introduces the Cast

The split-screen co-op mode is not available in PC version
    That's a shame now .
    I still remember there is a local coop feature on steam store before game release .

Steam Users' Forums:
    Farcry 3 says local co-op!
    Split-Screen in PC version?

Let's hope KL3 won't do the same thing for pc version (Dog Days) .
    Local coop is still an important feature in pc games .
    i wish IOI can buy back Kane & Lynch !

Lightbulb Dead Space 3

1:05
    Find "Dead Men style"

Hmmm I always felt like Dead Space was a hybrid of The Thing video game. I loved that game. How was Dead Space 2?

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    Hmmm I always felt like Dead Space was a hybrid of The Thing video game. I loved that game. How was Dead Space 2?
    Amazing. Get Dead Space 3 and play it with me Pat.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Kotaku:A Mysterious Next-Gen Project Sponsored By Bill Gates, And Other Gaming Secrets

the first Kane & Lynch game "started very differently from how it ended up," and there were "quite a few shifts in character" before the game ended up in its final form.
    Interesting.........

PAYDAY 2 is coming .

Thumbs Up

Resident Evil 6 PC release on Steam now .
    And it supports local coop (Splitscreen) mode

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221040/

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/2466/...nt-evil-6.html

Resident Evil 6 PC Impressions:
    http://www.co-optimus.com/article/99...pressions.html

Another great feature that is lost in many PC ports was splitscreen co-op. I was pleased to find the mode in the PC version. As an increasing number of gamers hook their PC’s up to their TV’s to game, and with the promotion of services like Steam's “Big Picture Mode,” keeping splitscreen in PC games is of utmost importance.

Exclamation THE PHANTOM PAIN

Black ops, Dead Space 3 , Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain........

Seems psychotic start a popular in video games .

Thumbs Up

Live-action PAYDAY web series .

Tom Clancy's The Division

It reminds me Freedom Fighters .

Thumbs Up Metro Redux:2033 & Last Light

Metro Redux
    Rebuilt and Remastered for next-gen.........

Not HD port

I wish we have Kane & Lynch Redux

Big Grin

What I coincidence, I was just reading about it on another website and thought that our Belgian topic creator is potentially having a field day about it.

Originally Posted by jam13
    I wish we have Kane & Lynch Redux
    Less shooting, more atmospheric walking/talking/heist planning/safehouse visit/money management/on-foot fleeing getaway/crew management and medication.

Seriously though, shooting bits needs to get dialed back. It's undeniable today that what people want most is visual atmosphere, not shooting physics or ragdoll animations.

I still can't get into the Payday series because of it. It's insane the amount of shooting this game asks of you.
    In a confined environment surrounded by invisible walls no less, it's shameful!
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Less shooting, more atmospheric walking/talking/heist planning/safehouse visit/money management/on-foot fleeing getaway/crew management and medication.

Seriously though, shooting bits needs to get dialed back. It's undeniable today that what people want most is visual atmosphere, not shooting physics or ragdoll animations.
    Agree ! More body language and put more interesting detail .
    "Run and gun" style should be used only two or three levels .

I still can't get into the Payday series because of it. It's insane the amount of shooting this game asks of you.
    In a confined environment surrounded by invisible walls no less, it's shameful!
    IMO This Big Bank Heist DLC paid homage to Dead Men's bank .

Wink

That's at least the second Payday trailer I've seen that shows in-game engine footage with a scenario that never occurs in-game. If they're so keen on making scripted stories, they should make a game as such, instead of this 'drill safe and restart the drill constantly' mechanic, it's embarrassing at this day and age.

Speaking of scripted trailers, that Battlefield Hardline multiplayer trailer during EA's E3 show was outrageously big in scope and scale for a mindless shooter!
    I know it was all coordinated in advance, but it would have made a fine piece of single player level in regards to Kane & Lynch.
    There's a moment towards the end where the trailer switches perspective constantly between the cops and robbers, with the cop in the chopper and robber in a getaway van.
    If you incorporate a 'character switch' similar to that shown in Grand Theft Auto V, have Kane in the chopper and Lynch riding shotgun on the ground, trying to secure an exit route with the precious loot in hand in a semi-sandbox environment, with your crew dying left and right, and all you want to do is get the cops out of your sight and ride back and hide in your safehouse, spending your time counting the amount of loot in your bag, chocking pills at the same time to stop your hands from shaking so much ... oh boy.

Meanwhile Ubisoft's The Division looks like a Freedom Fighter replacement, so there's hope to it afterall.
    Although, I don't know, something about it looks 'iffy' and generic.

Ubisoft hasn't exactly been looking rather healthy these days, I don't know how to put it, there's something about their new games all looking and sharing the same 'vibe' to it, with the same type of dialogue and characters all too prevalent in the twenty first century media, it's a bit nauseating, and hard to take it seriously.

Thumbs Up

Maybe we have a chance to meet Adam Marcus and James Lynch in this game

(4 player co-op ? Jenny and Thapa )

Exclamation

What the hell is it with the over-popularity of four player co-op these days?

We can barely have a decent well-polished game with two-player co-op!!

EDIT: to further iterate, it's not as if each of the four player gets to control a specific character that each utilizes specific gameplay motif.

Keeping the 'Kane & Lynch featuring Jenny and Thapa' as an broad example, it's not as if:
    • Playing as Kane gives the player more equipment/tool/crew management to select, but aiming takes a blow at accuracy.
    • Playing as Lynch allows player to handle effective close quarter combat and gives bonus effectiveness to crowd control scenarios, but requires heavy medication and sustained calm unless the player wishes to have its control yanked away from some unhinged massacre.
    • Playing as Jenny allows the player to fool enemies into mistaking them for mere civilians, but takes an instant death bullet after two hits.
    • Playing as Thapa allows the player to use the 'get out while you still can' option whenever you see a heist is not going as planned and ditch the crew while running for your life, but controls an overly rude character that swears all the time.

And maybe even after that example I kind of missed my point, but the idea is that too often we give multiple-player co-op games characters with distinct powers -such as the Borderlands cast, each with their own perks- but overall, we're still playing the same 'shoot'em up' game, no matter which character we pick.

Looking at Ubisoft's recent Assassin's Creed and Far Cry demos, I'm afraid it's going to be the same thing again; lots of characters each with specific start-up weapon, but in the end you're still going to play the same game utilizing the same strategy.

For example, the First Killzone game tried to make things different, as a single player game, for each level you choose between a brute guy, stealth, max ammo, and best versatile gun.
    Sadly, due to a lack of polish, there's no reason why you wouldn't pick the brute guy with the minigun for every level.

Lightbulb

Jam13's idea of four player Kane & Lynch co-op including Jenny as a player character might be the idea of the century, judging how Eurogamer recently went complete batnuts insane over the lack of female player characters in male dominated co-op experiences, using Assassin's Creed Unity's co-op as an excuse to stir controversy nobody ever asked for.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gressive-games

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ns-creed-unity

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-op-characters

In other words , this year's E3 was so lacking in worthwhile news and outstanding moments , even the media had to make stuff up to make things interesting ...

Screw Jenny. She always was weak.
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

Freedom Fighters + Fragile Alliance

Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415