Thread: Random Gaming News

Random Gaming News

So here's the deal. I'm going to give a long, in depth, 1st hand look into the HD collection tomorrow. I'll tell you all how it is then.

I don't like having multiple games on the go at the same time, so I was busy trying to finish up Assassin's Creed 2, which is good, but not great. Somehow it manages to have less of a plot than the first one, the gameplay is so much easier, guards give up chases ridiculously quickly and because it's so easy, many of the new gameplay elements are almost never seen or useful. Poison is useless, knives become useless later in the game, the gun is usefull but there are limited oppertunities to use it and much of the new guard behaviour is rarely seen since they are so easy to deal with. Finally, the game is terrible at letting you try to be stealthy, so don't expect that if you play it. Overall it's a good game, but the first, despite the repetition, is still better.

EDIT: This video seems to be pretty thorough in covering issues of the PS3 version, and the guy seems rational in his hatred of the collection. So far it's the best comparison I've seen.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Good vid, yet he hasn't said anything that hasn't been said by other fellow Silent Hill fans before.
    When the very first comparison video was released for the remasters, I could tell right off the bat that they had messed up. Although I did not expect it to be this bad with all the framerate issues and glitches and bugs...
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

More Playstation 4 rumours.

Off to a great start, Fony!

Thumbs Up

i wish IOI can buy back Kane & Lynch !

Looks a lot like the Uncharted mp but with bullet-time.

And there we have it, the Eurogamer review (5/10) of the Silent Hill HD Collection.

"Hijinx Studios has turned in a package that is very sloppy in places, inexcusably inattentive in others - and yet, the games themselves still enthral and chill with such twisted brilliance, I couldn't help but fall for them all over again."

"2001's Silent Hill 2 has suffered the most in transition. I'll leave the technical dissection to the more capable hands of Digital Foundry (who will look at the much-derided PS3 release, as well as the 360 version reviewed here, in a future article) - but the main problem is that they've buggered up the fog.
    "

I love this website.

---

EDIT: Silent Hill Historical Society review, analysis & comparison

Check the vids. This collection is an absolute insult.

"That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    What kind of poofter spends £820 to look like a poofter?

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    What kind of poofter spends £820 to look like a poofter?
    Don't forget more DLCs coming , players shall wait for the Gold edition

Originally Posted by jam13
    Don't forget more DLCs coming , players shall wait for the Gold edition
    Oh rest assured, I didn't forget The last Capcom product I bought brand new at launch was Resident Evil 5. I've learned my lesson...

The sad thing is that this new RE looks to be the most fan servicey yet, so all these super-shady practices will be completed validated. Also I will punch anyone I see wearing that leather jacket. It'll probably be a poor quality leather jacket too.

Also, I recently bought Asura's Wrath, I'm still not sure why, but I think considering the poor sales capcom may not put out a gold edition like they do for everything else. I could be wrong though. Time will tell.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Still hoping for a hard copy version of the first one...

I'll admit, I'm excited as hell for this... though, I hope they take advantage of the number "2". They need to put 2 on an entirely new engine with better visuals/feel. They also should add some kind of versus mode. Co-op is fun, don't get me wrong... but over time, it gets stale. I need something else to keep me playing.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition confirmed

The content in full:

- The DLC included on disc includes the Catwoman Pack, Nightwing Bundle Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Challenge Map Pack and Arkham City Skins Pack.
    - Maps: Wayne Manor, Main Hall, Freight Train, Black Mask, The Joker's Carnival, Iceberg Long, and Batcave.
    - Playable Characters: Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing.
    - Skins: 1970s Batsuit, Year One Batman, The Dark Knight Returns, Earth One Batman, Batman Beyond Batman, Animated Batman, Sinestro Corps Batman, Long Hallowe'en Catwoman, Animated Catwoman, Animated Robin, Red Robin and Animated Nightwing.

Glad I didn't buy it at launch because this is what I've been waiting for!

The truth is funny
    Of course, knowing Gamesradar, they'll say "it was a joke" and go back to handing out 10s to all the CoD games
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

After watch this, I think KL2 should be made after Hitman: Absolution released . Sigh

But we can start to expect how IO handle KL3 with Glacier2.

-------------------------------------------------

Seven DLC packs for Max Payne 3

All for multiplayer so we can guess how long is the story mode ?

And this year's CoD got announced.
    Although, truth be told, Treyarch seems to be changing a few things. I'll still wait for the price to fall, though

Aaaaaaaand there goes the horror, no?

And how...

Speaking of horror, I knew today was going to be horrific. To make matters worse, a multiplayer might be in the works (rumour).

And how...

Speaking of horror, I knew today was going to be horrific. To make matters worse, a multiplayer might be in the works (rumour).
    Hey, the delay might mean we GTA V in October. But if we don't, ass is going to be torn at 2K

Page 12 of 15 First First ... 289101112131415 Last