Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Random Gaming News

Random Gaming News

Random Gaming News

Let's start with the new Dead Space 2 ad here. A-ha! The good ol' "the audience was terrified"-marketing strategy.

I want Manhunt 3.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Yeah, that really is stupid advertisement.

But at least be thankful it wasn't for some piece of pre-order DLC...

Manhunt 3...I want it.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Lightbulb

What was horrifying was that it wasn't just One advertisement , there's a good handful of them , including a behind the scene !! ... for a marketing campaign !!! ...
    And we can't get a development tour at IOs ? ...

In other news ...

- Max Payne 3 makes a sudden , short , and quite meaningless preview , but its got another two year development time so they're not in a hurry for another less than twelve hour game ...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=283245

- Last week THQ unveiled its new logo , apparently designed so that it "Stands for quality" ... ... ... the public opinion cringes, but, powerless as always ...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=283250

- Wesley Snipes uses his precious time in prison to work on a game project... Now That's a citizen of a civilised society...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=282986

- On the Activision versus Infinity Wards case, i stand with Activision (on the basis of the elements We are being told, so far)...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Arrow

Making a quick cameo drop as i believe this is a matter of the gravest importance ... and possibly lethal enough to be the straw that , not only breaks the camel's back , but rather makes Johnson scream so fiercely that an entire skyscraper collapses ...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=284150

And in other news , David Cage needs , NEEDS to shut the f
    uck up , in fact his next 'revolutionary' game should be about him , in a room , or in any other place the player wishes him to be in along with any set of tools instruments and whatnot , and lets the player do anything he wants with that half ass canadian ... all in the glorious quick time events , of which David Cage will once again believe that the industry hasn't seen anything like it before , again ...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=283945

Stacking demo walkthrough.

Now this is something that has earned a 'priority' status on my 2011 wishlist.

I like how Charlie almost never contributes to his own threads but when it comes to others' he's like top of the game.
    Strange world.

Manhunt 3 confirmed.

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    I like how Charlie almost never contributes to his own threads but when it comes to others' he's like top of the game.
    Strange world.
    Scientists agrees that the subject is perhaps using a psychological routine , whereby doing a lot of things to others , the others will be influenced into doing the same to him ...
    However results doesn't seem satisfactory at this point , so expect the subject to blow up the world , again ... and this time without warning ...

Not all scientists shares the same diagnosis however , as they will point out the numerous political threads involving the Kane & Lynch franchise's uneven situation in the world as well as the trivia thread (of which , no one else but him seems to be discussing in these topics), showing that the subject also does contribute heavily to the topics he created that he seems to deeply care... which, is odd, for a schizophrenic to show signs of careness, so it shouldn't be confused with ego issues...

Cool

Just opened up my January Issue of OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) and read their Dead Space 2 Review.

They gave it a 9.5 (10 being the highest, obviously) and an Editor's Choice Award.

I don't know if any of you read OXM, but like most Game Reviewers they include Brief Summations of their Praises/Complaints next to the score at the end of the review.

Here's what they say:

+ Smart refining of the horror-shooter formula, filled with well-paced insanity and surprises.

+ Lengthy, gorgeous, and scary as hell; vocal Isaac is a better hero.

- Story gets a bit muddled toward the end; enemy placement grows predictable in spots.

? Okay, let's be real: who is "Peng"? Not where or when - who?!

As far as length goes, they say 10-to-13 hours, depending on difficulty selected, of course. And how willing you are to whore around looking for audio tapes and whatnot.

I mean, I already pre-ordered the Limited Edition of the game for the PS3, and I was going to play it no matter what, but this magazine usually get's it's right, at least for me. Things like Predictable Enemy Locations and Confusing Storyline are definitely complaints I see myself having with Dead Space 2.

Who's playing Multiplayer with me? Anyone? Anyone want to help me defend The Sprawl??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!???!!?! What, you'd rather Puke on me and my comrades?! Someone hand me my Plasma Cutter.............

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Manhunt 3 confirmed.
    DON'T MESS WITH A MANHUNT FAN'S FEELINGS,
    Someone hand me my syringe..............
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Big Grin

Remember folks , OXM gave Dog Days a whopping Nine out of Ten ! ...

Originally Posted by IMPYEMU
    DON'T MESS WITH A MANHUNT FAN'S FEELINGS,
    Someone hand me my syringe..............
    There there, lad. Know that gamer will never give you up, never let you down, ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Remember folks , OXM gave Dog Days a whopping Nine out of Ten ! ...
    Exactly! Hopefully Dead Space 2 is five hours of gameplay.

Thumbs Down

And i'm pretty sure the end credit is going to be the longest piece of cutscene in the whole game ...

In other outrageous news ...

- Duke Nukem Forever ... it's finally got a release date ...
    On the first week of May , and look , the boxart is so beautiful , it looks like it's in 3D ... or maybe it's just the tears making it look like it ...

- Killzone 3 ? PFFT ! the developers already have Ideas for Killzone 4 ! ...
    So the dumbasses would rather release multiple five hour games instead of making one full sixteen hour campaign ? and then they dare * about piracy ? (more on that later) ...

- Look , the man is called Hideo Kojima , so please , call him Hideo Kojima , or Hideo , or just Kojima , but FOR GOD SAKE STOP CALLING HIM KOJIMA-SAN !!! ...
    Bull it's an act of respect , it's turning into a spectacle of utter racism , it's like how people use to close their palms together and starts bowing whenever they see a bald asian ... what the man ...

- Alright , brothers , just what the is this ? ...
    I mean what's next ? Dog Man parachute downs Square Enix' headquarters and borrows uncle Grievous' portable nuke suitcase ? the Brotherhood of Dead Men goes to Denmark and starts lynching when Kane & Lynch III turns out not to be like the unhinged fan's vision ? ... ... ... yeah alright , why not ? ...

- Software piracy cost UK industry £1.45b in 2010 ...
    But what's interesting is what the man says ... "These big games, you get 20 to 50 hours game play, which is tremendous value for money." ...

PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE PIRATING IF THE GAMES WERE ALL WORTH THE RETAIL PRICE ! ... It's fucking logic you dumbass ... DOG MAN ! designated near chairman of the entire game industry , go ! ...

- Last but not least , DLC's importance recognised by UK industry awards ...

Take a deep breath ... ... ... no , that skyscraper that just collapsed ? no idea how that happened ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Dog Man parachute downs Square Enix' headquarters and borrows uncle Grievous' portable nuke suitcase ?
    Motherf... Stop looking through my sciencedamn keyholes!

EDIT:

Dead Space 2, IGN review.

Oh and there's also this:

"there's even a mode known as "Hardcore," and it's nothing less than sadistic. The enemies are at their toughest, the supplies are limited, there are no checkpoints, and if you die, you restart from your last save. Oh, and you can only save three times in the entire game."

Science damn it...

Dead Space 2, IGN review.
    A 9.0, that's more like it. It isn't high enough for me to think it's bull*****, and it isn't low enough for me to think the reviewer's incompetant.

And whether I like the game or not, if IGN gave it a good review, than the initial/general praise should be fairly good, meaning this game should do fairly well.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

The 9.5 for Dead Space 2 is probably to compensate for when they gave the original Dead Space to their squeamish intern to review, who predictably gave it a 6.0 and all but said it deserved worse in the actual review.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Dead Space isn't all that great, to be honest... A fun shooter but only while it lasts. I'll definitely get the sequel though I don't have high expectations, even if I liked the smooth demo.

Dead Space isn't all that great, to be honest... A fun shooter but only while it lasts. I'll definitely get the sequel though I don't have high expectations, even if I liked the smooth demo.
    Dog Man is right, it really isn't.

The Lore and Mythology of Dead Space, the book(s), graphic novels, and movie(s) are more interesting than the original game itself.

The original game pissed me off beyond belief with it's inability to get going, seriously how many things can be wrong with one ship?

Bored the living heck outta me.

And if you look at all the pieces of Dead Space put together, it really is the same recycled story over and over and over again, it's the new things they do that make them unique.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Mindjack is getting real good reviews! Lowest score was a 5.5 but IGN, gametrailers and Destructoid gave it a 8.5, 8 and a 9 out of 10.

Story was well recieved, was so good that it toppled Inception.

Combat has redefined third person shooters, was so great that Gears of War 3 was cancelled.

Gameplay was abit laggy but fun and enjoyable.

A sequel is in production.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    Mindjack is getting real good reviews! Lowest score was a 5.5 but IGN, gametrailers and Destructoid gave it a 8.5, 8 and a 9 out of 10.

Story was well recieved, was so good that it toppled Inception.

Combat has redefined third person shooters, was so great that Gears of War 3 was cancelled.

Gameplay was abit laggy but fun and enjoyable.

A sequel is in production.
    Oh god, how I hope you are lying.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Question

I must be the only one who thought that IGN's review of Dead Space 2 was amateurish ...
    It's like if the reviewer is once again gushing his spermless jizz all over the place telling us how great his orgasm was without telling us why , and then won't tell us why it wasn't a ten full experience if it was so damn great ...

Oh and Mindjack easily has the best story ever conceived by the primate species known as Man , i mean just check the trophies and achievements sites and spoil yourselves with the hidden story related ones and prepare to bleed your eyes out with plot twist that makes your panda cry in agony while penguins commits mass suicide by jumping off a cliff with no parachutes because their drill instructor thought it wasn't necessary ...

And then the zepelin finally fell and Marshall cried out in victory while Molotov drags up the falling carcass of his ship and prepare to deliver it to Zion , and you needed the collector's edition DLC code to watch the ending ... tiihii ...

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Oh god, how I hope you are lying.
    I exaggerated with the story being so good that it toppled Inception and that the shooting and cover was better than Gears of War 3 that it got cancelled.

Overall it got real good reviews.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Killzone 3 campaign only 4.5 hours long on normal difficulty.

This is why the second-hand market exists.

Killzone 3 campaign only 4.5 hours long on normal difficulty.

This is why the second-hand market exists.
    there really is no hope, is there?
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Watch as some corporate prick will answer to this within the following weeks with something along these lines: "There is no industry standard as to how long a game should be."

Right, so gamers get the bare minimum. Long live the second-hand market, I say.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last