Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: What happened to Mr. freeze?

What happened to Mr. freeze?

What happened to Mr. freeze?

Remember how at one point he was considered to be the main villian? And now there is no news of him. Will he still be in the game? If he isn't in the game that would be devastating , tragic, unfortunate, sad, misleading, depressing, and for some like Doat1 .. suicidal..

And what happened to Talia? Dude, they're keeping things Very and i mean VERY Secret.

If you watch this vid, Mark Hamill says something about people shouldn't be telling who they're playing, or something like tha. Anyway, i'm absolutely sure that freeze will be in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmQG...layer_embedded

Yeah I think they're just keeping tight wraps on everything. They've mentioned a few times that we're going to be surprised by some of the villains/boss fights, so perhaps they're hoping Freeze is going to be one of them.

I think it's probably a safe bet that villains that were blatantly missing from AA (Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, although already confirmed, for example) will be in AC with greater roles. Hopefully Clayface falls into this category too.

And with them stating that it's five times bigger than AA, they are going to have to fill it with content that's relatively proportional, so whilst we are unlikely to get five times as many boss fights, we should get at least proportionally that many interactions with villains/major characters.

Originally Posted by Clayface
    I think it's probably a safe bet that villains that were blatantly missing from AA (Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, although already confirmed, for example) will be in AC with greater roles. Hopefully Clayface falls into this category too.
    and, to be fair, they have also confirmed that certain villains who got shafted in the first game (such as Zsasz) are going to be brought back into the second game to get better exposure. so not only will we see freeze and two face, but we may very well see clayface as well. personally, im hoping for mad hatter. ^_^
    My name is Edwardo. Enjoy it.

ahahahahha yes it will be suicidal if they do not have freeze in this game

I think someone froze his nipples and twisted them off
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Oh well he'll be announced soon between 1-4 months (they better)

He's out there...
    Waiting...

Freeze will be shown, they're just keeping things under wraps.
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    Freeze will be shown, they're just keeping things under wraps.
    you are evil

Originally Posted by jerren
    Remember how at one point he was considered to be the main villian?
    They NEVER said he would be a main villain.

And now there is no news of him. Will he still be in the game?
    That's probably because Rocksteady aren't ready to reveal him yet.

The same could be said for Talia aswell. As Stana Katic deleted her tweets after revealing the she would be Talia.

Freeze is better suited as a supporting character working for some greater, possibly noble end. I rather he simply ignore Batman until the guy gets in his way.

Originally Posted by Bat-Tutsi
    Freeze is better suited as a supporting character working for some greater, possibly noble end. I rather he simply ignore Batman until the guy gets in his way.
    Exactly, Freeze shouldn't have a vendetta against Batman like the other villains. Freeze should only fight Batman if he gets between what he wants or if he is getting paid to do so.
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

Originally Posted by Doat1
    you are evil

Yes I am!
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by Bat-Tutsi
    Didn't Maurice LaMarche say that Mr. Freeze was pissed at Batman though?
    Originally Posted by Keir
    It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code.

I think he said he was out for revenge and blood or something? I'm not too sure

Originally Posted by A Dark Hunter
    Didn't Maurice LaMarche say that Mr. Freeze was pissed at Batman though?
    No all he said was that Mr. Freeze is out for blood.

Which could mean he's after one of the villains who didn't fulfill their part of the deal.

Or he could be after Batman for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by TheBatsBack
    And what happened to Talia? Dude, they're keeping things Very and i mean VERY Secret.

If you watch this vid, Mark Hamill says something about people shouldn't be telling who they're playing, or something like tha. Anyway, i'm absolutely sure that freeze will be in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmQG...layer_embedded
    Agreed.

They don't want anything being spoiled before the game comes out. The only thing we have so far is the Hugo Strange villain trailer. More villain trailers will probably be released in the future. We have all the way up until Fall of 2011, so there is still a lot of time to wait. It wouldn't surprise me if the game had an alternate story that will be available online. I still don't think they are done with the game yet.

Who knows how long this game is going to be.

Originally Posted by Matches Malone
    Exactly, Freeze shouldn't have a vendetta against Batman like the other villains. Freeze should only fight Batman if he gets between what he wants or if he is getting paid to do so.
    In the comics Freeze has a big vendetta against Batman. Batman was partially responsible (and fully responsible in Freeze's eyes) for the death of Nora. Batman and Freeze were fighting, Freeze fired at Batman, Batman dodged and the beam hit Nora's capsule, which instantly froze and shattered (Nora shattered too). So Freeze's motivation isn't to rejuvenate his wife like it was in TAS, it is to destroy what Batman loves and make him feel his loss (a lot like Freeze post-revamp). All this is in the Mr Freeze one-shot written by Paul Dini, which reintroduced Freeze to the DCU with the revamped origin.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    In the comics Freeze has a big vendetta against Batman. Batman was partially responsible (and fully responsible in Freeze's eyes) for the death of Nora. Batman and Freeze were fighting, Freeze fired at Batman, Batman dodged and the beam hit Nora's capsule, which instantly froze and shattered (Nora shattered too). So Freeze's motivation isn't to rejuvenate his wife like it was in TAS, it is to destroy what Batman loves and make him feel his loss (a lot like Freeze post-revamp). All this is in the Mr Freeze one-shot written by Paul Dini, which reintroduced Freeze to the DCU with the revamped origin.
    Well i hope they can Do Freeze in a way that doesn't contradict either his comic origins or the TAS origins.

Isn't the TAS origin his canonical origin now? And then after Batman/Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero he cured his wife with a grant from Wayne Enterprises and she left him because of how he was? This was all introduced into the DCU wasn't it?

Why the hell would Mr. Freeze be fighting Batman when his wife is close to death right in the room? That's dumb for such a genius. The true origin story in "Heart of Ice" is exactly how I view Mr. Freeze, with his wife dead and buried after Ferris pulled the plug. Sure this contradicts later continuity, but Mr. Freeze's first appearance is also his best one. I also think it's great to have more villians who are neither psychotic or obsessed with Batman.

Originally Posted by The New Blueguy
    Isn't the TAS origin his canonical origin now? And then after Batman/Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero he cured his wife with a grant from Wayne Enterprises and she left him because of how he was? This was all introduced into the DCU wasn't it?
    No.

The revamped origin was introduced, with him being the tragic figure, but it was expanded on with Freeze managing to keep Nora in preservation only to accidentally kill her (probably to give him more weight as a Batman villain instead of an anti-villain or even anti-hero). And recently Nora was revived as a supervillain.

It seems to me that Dini prefers Nora to be dead, rather than be the woman behind the glass. And it makes sense. With Nora alive but in stasis Freeze just commits robbery, kidnapping and the occasional act of vengeance. With Nora dead Freeze has nothing to live for except vengeance and bitterness. Makes for a better ongoing villain (which is the intention of the comics), while the TAS incarnation was an occasional villain who actually had a storyarc.

So Freeze in the game will probably be similar to the Freeze as seen in the revamped episode, minus the robot body thing.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

I understand your just stating the facts. However wouldn't you agree that Mr. Freeze is a more interesting character if he acts more like an anti-hero who lets innocent people get hurt in the process than a thuggish villain with a pointless vendetta against Batman? Wouldn't that separate him from just about every other generic villain in Batman's rogue's gallery? It is really unfortunate to read about all the things the comics have done to him to justify his characterization. Shows a lack of good writing in my opinion.

I'm not saying I like it better, I'm saying its a characterization thats better for an indefinite series of stories. And remember, it was written by Paul Dini.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last