View Poll Results: What do you think of the voice acting?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is perfect, wouldn't change anything

35 38.89%
  • It is good, a few critisms but I can put up with it

23 25.56%
  • I am indifferent

4 4.44%
  • It is bad, hopefully it will be rectified in the official release

15 16.67%
  • It is awful, I hope there is an option in-game to turn off voices

13 14.44%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official new Lara's voice & VA discussion thread

Official new Lara's voice & VA discussion thread

Edit by Driber, June 26:

It's official! Lara's new voice actress has been revealed! I just received this press release from Meagan herself

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan Marie

Camilla Luddington named as of the new voice and character of Lara Croft

London (26 JUNE, 2012) Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announced that the English-born actress Camilla Luddington has been chosen to be the voice and performance actress of famous video game adventurer, Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider® game.
    After an international talent search using scouts in Europe and the US, Luddington stood out as delivering both a depth of emotion and the youthful tone needed for Lara Croft in the upcoming reimagining of the Tomb Raider franchise, due for release on March 5, 2013.

“This has been one of the most important jobs for us to get right,” said Darrell Gallagher, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics “‘This Tomb Raider game is very different to any other and we are demanding far more from the voice and performance acting than ever before as we take the franchise in a new direction.”

This July Luddington will also participate in the Nerd HQ and Comic-Con panels in San Diego, where she will join the development team as they talk about Tomb Raider and the story behind its creation.

Recently Luddington has starred in hit Showtime series, Californication© and can also be seen in the current season of HBO’s True Blood©.

Tomb Raider is slated for release on March 5th 2013.

(click to enlarge)
    /edit

---------------------------------

It's a shame Keeley Hawes couldn't come back. She's such an awesome actress. Kaya Scodelario would be interesting if they go with another well known actress.

Jonell Elliott all the way!

Is she not returning? News to me.

Ah well, aways got the TV shows she acts in!

She is not going to voice Lara?! How do you know that? Source please...

It's been said in the Game Informer podcast, around 8:05 min.
    Adventure found me...

Ah, though I suppose in a way it's a good thing for me cause I won't be playing Tomb Raider expecting Gene Hunt to turn up or have other characters call her Alex Drake as opposed to Lara Croft.

But saying that, every new voice a character (from a game) just makes that character become nothing more than a graphic as opposed to a character. I know I sound like a right ______ but I can't help it, I love detail and consistency with films, games and books.

Damn! No Keeley! *plays my tiny violin of sadness* I like her voice very very much, this is bad news.

Oh well! Lara Croft is an upper class British girl, as long as they get someone who fits that description to voice her they can't go far wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    But saying that, every new voice a character (from a game) just makes that character become nothing more than a graphic as opposed to a character. I know I sound like a right ______ but I can't help it, I love detail and consistency with films, games and books.
    I very much agree. I too like consistency and it annoys me when they do something so unnecessary as to change the voice actor of the main character of the game (and then usualy give the part to Nolan North)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    I very much agree. I too like consistency and it annoys me when they do something so unnecessary as to change the voice actor of the main character of the game (and then usualy give the part to Nolan North)

The voice actor of the latest Prince of Persia was Yuri Lowenthal again.

Anyway, yeah, they said they were looking for a new voice actress. So no more Keeley (but maybe she could still return for another LC (GOL style) game? )

I don´t mind a change now, because it´s not the only thing that´s being changed, just saying. As long as they stick with her no matter what for the rest of the games with this new Lara...
    signature image

So many "well known" actresses I never heard of, besides their voices in a videogame!

Then again, I didn't even heard their voices that much, just in some gameplay videos, trailers... my game was in french.

Anyway, I don't really have any idea on who should voice LC in the next game, as long as she's good.
    “I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

the same from legend. otherwise someone with a sexy british accent.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

D:
    wut is the meaning of this? No Keeley?

Well, they've reworked Lara as a character from the ground up; totally new and she's much younger. Her physical make-up, this as a back story, and personality are a lot different so it only stands to reason her voice should be as well. Let's say Christopher Reeve was still alive. You wouldn't expect this new reboot of Superman, with a new actor playing Superman, to have Reeve's voice dubbed in, would you? With the care I've read that CD is putting in remaking Lara, I can trust they will find the best voice actress for this new forging of her.

anyone who can scream better

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewGuy View Post

Oh well, I'm very disappointed. Keeley was awesome voice actress. Besides her, I like Judith Gibbins, but I'm sure she won't be in this new TR because she doesn't sound like young Lara. I'm just hoping they will find someone with voice I can get used to. For example, Jonell Elliott has such an unplesant voice, it irritates me. On the other side, you could easily get used to Keeley's voice.

I don't understand why she won't be coming back. She's been with us for 4 games.... Like Ivana, I, too, am disappointed...

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewGuy View Post
    Actually Keeley appears to scream better when she ain't in TR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0BAjY-KaU

Though would Keeley's Alex Drake scream suit as she falls to her death? But it was kinda loud when I watched that on TV, considering the TV was quite loud for some reason!

I suppose it might be a case of she is busy filming for some other TV show again and won't be available for the time slot CD want for someone to do the voice over?

Claudia Black, maybe?
    SWAN DIVE! Into the best night of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rios View Post
    Claudia Black, maybe?
    wow she just sounds like CORE Lara haha xD nice strong voice ^^
    but not a bit old for a young Lara?

@Ants, really nice! :P

maybe Rachel Hurd-Wood? I don't really know her, but she's a british, young.. haha (I'm not stating this very well haha xD ) ah well ;P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABfin1SZZk

I think Keir should record the voice, or at least an unlockable variant!

<_<

*Runs back to the Eidos Montreal title boards...

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Actually Keeley appears to scream better when she ain't in TR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0BAjY-KaU
    That was EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    but not a bit old for a young Lara?
    I thought about that too, but maybe if they push for a more matureish, is that even a word? anyway mature Lara it would work, although admittedly the concept art if anything makes her look youthful, but I still feel like maybe her voice would work. Also she has done video game voice work before, she was the voice of Chloe Frazier in Uncharted 2.
    SWAN DIVE! Into the best night of your life.

No Angelina Jolie please
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    No Angelina Jolie please
    I don't think they would ever consider her for a voiceover?

'Sides, she sounds old.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast