Thread: Final Fantasy for PC and on Steam

Final Fantasy for PC and on Steam

I checked back with the forum today to see if my thread had any replies, and I realized that the moderators moved my post to another section. When I read through the new thread I could see that I made the exact same rant one year ago!!

I laughed ... and I cried ...

Why does it not surprise me that Square-Enix has done absolutely nothing to advance the PC market since that time?

Seriously ... why bother having a forum at all if your not going to take your customers suggestions seriously?

Square Enix announces Shinra Technologies
    - Shinra Technologies, Inc. is the next evolution of gaming. Harnessing the power of a supercomputer in the cloud, Shinra creates a groundbreaking experience not possible with today’s current gaming technology. Shinra is not just what’s next. Shinra is the technological breakthrough that will propel the industry forward.

Originally Posted by joelandsonja
    I checked back with the forum today to see if my thread had any replies, and I realized that the moderators moved my post to another section. When I read through the new thread I could see that I made the exact same rant one year ago!!

I laughed ... and I cried ...

Why does it not surprise me that Square-Enix has done absolutely nothing to advance the PC market since that time?

Seriously ... why bother having a forum at all if your not going to take your customers suggestions seriously?
    Umm...have you not heard the news?

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Yes, The Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Is Coming To PC (Siliconera)
    - Here Are The System Requirements For Final Fantasy XIII On PC.
    - Pre-order it on Steam!

FINAL FANTASY XIII returns to Windows PC
    - Steam users can grab an additional 10% savings with your preorder today! Additionally, the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy will also come with Steam Trading cards.

The Final Fantasy XIII saga is coming to Windows PC
    - Final Fantasy XIII is coming out on 9th October 2014. That’s only three weeks away.
    Already pre-ordered

Thank you Square-Enix

Hope you guys bring Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy Type 0 HD, Final Fantasy X HD & X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy IX as well to Steam, also with Trading Cards

Other FF on PC

Hi all, recently i have read this news (it's italian) http://www.videogiochi.com/news/2014...ima-primavera/ and i read that ff x,x-2 and xii will come to pc next year, is true?

Fake, pretty sure. Their source is basically nothing, it's a bad link. So don't believe this.

Oooh damn

I bought ff13 and I know I'm going to buy the other 13 games. I think they should put final fantasy 9, 10 hd and 12 on steam. I would buy those.

I'm not sure what the excitement is all about. I could care less about Final Fantasy XIII ... or for that matter any FF game past IX.

I'm glad SE is making somewhat of an effort to release their games for the PC, but there are still two major problems.

1 - They are releasing old ports for Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX. For one thing, these games are too dated to play as it is. I also have no interest in paying for a game all over again when it offers me absolutely nothing new ... release an HD remake and then I'll be interested.
    2 - SE is also still using DRM protection on their games ... this makes me feel like I'm back in 1988 when people actually cared about DRM.

This reminds me of Star Wars ... a good franchise is in the hands of the wrong company.

FFIV and VIII hope for future patch. Please, take care of PC users.

I'm so glad to see all these Final Fantasy games on PC, but then I realize that are very essential portings with some little missing things that can enhance the experience if you make it.
    Me and other guys, are trying to make some little mods, but isn't so easy. Can you consider to bring some little changes in porting?
    Here are two examples:
    - Many people is asking for 360 pad button icons in Final Fantasy VIII. Is very annoying to play with a pad and to see these generic names for buttons, called B1, B2, B3 and so on, like in 90s. We are triyng to figure it out, but seems to be very hard coded in the game.
    Please, can you consider to insert 360 pad button names in a patch?

- Many people is also asking for have Japanese voices in Final Fantasy IV. Other versions of the game for other platforms, have it. Why not on PC? We are also trying, but it's hard to figure it out cause the bitrates, file type and lenght of sounds.
    Please, can you insert Japanese voices with a patch?

Final Fantasy IV goes full Steam ahead! (and we've got some codes to give away too!)
    - Following the news of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy coming to PC, we have another Final Fantasy on the way as well. I say on the way, it’s actually already here!

I bought on the first day and Final Fantasy XIII too and yes I'm already playing Final Fantasy IV.

Thank you Square-Enix, oh and you too Grimoire for your good work.

Thank you kindly, mike_ptbr. Happy gaming!

I own every FF on Steam (including rebuying XI and XIV just to track it through Steam as I actively play both) except IV, which I plan to buy once I finish XIII.

I hope SE sees the devoted audience Steam provides - XIII has been in the top 2 selling pages on Steam since it's announcement - and releases I, II, V, VI, IX, X, X-2, XII and all future games on PC. Would save me $400 heheh.

WIth lightning invading Steam we can only hope more will follow..

"PC?...PC?...PC?"

Final Fantasy Type-0 for Windows PC?
    - At least according to this listing by Amazon.

Final Fantasy Type-0 for Windows PC?
    - At least according to this listing by Amazon.
    Thank you Grimoire for this awesome news.

And... YEAAAH can't wait for pre-order Final Fantasy Type 0 HD on Steam, oh... and... Square-Enix, please include the Final Fantasy XV Demo for those who did the pre-order on Steam too.

Originally Posted by mike_ptbr
    Thank you Grimoire for this awesome news.
    Right back at you.

Originally Posted by mike_ptbr
    Preload is now available for Final Fantasy XIII on Steam.

Final Fantasy XIII’s 28% Sale Before Tomorrow’s Steam Debut (Siliconera)
    - Grab tomorrow’s Final Fantasy XIII on Steam for PC at 28% off. Better get ready to preload as the download is 50GB.

Final Fantasy XIII PC Available Today (Final Fantasy Network)
    - Final Fantasy XIII is available today for PC via Steam.

Question Final Fantasy series for PC via steam

Hi Square

as you seem to be giving PC owners some Final Fantasy games, via steam, and FFXIII is currently being downloaded via steam (Thank you sooooo much), will you be giving PC owners FFX - one of the best in my humble opinion?
    Don't know whether you've looked into it or not, but the majority of "Steamers" would love to get their hands on FFX?
    Any chance that will be released??

I agree. Final Fantasy VIII, X, X-2 and XII deserves PC versions. And more, one of the best games of the world it would be Final Fantasy XII online multiplayer with all the game have plus new maps, hunts, equipments, monsters, quests and with time to time dlc's and updates. It would be as awesome as FF VII or VIII remastereds.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Is Not Coming To PC (Gameinformer)
    - Don't get your hopes up, PC gamers: A representative from Square Enix confirmed to us that this is an error, and reaffirmed that the game is coming exclusively to the PS4 and Xbox One.

Yep, this really was a "error" they say that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC, because they said that too early, Square Enix will only confirm/say that later.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Is Not Coming To PC (Gameinformer)
    - Don't get your hopes up, PC gamers: A representative from Square Enix confirmed to us that this is an error, and reaffirmed that the game is coming exclusively to the PS4 and Xbox One.
    Perhaps the complaints about FFXIII have something to do with this?

Page 3 of 6 First First 123456 Last