Page 7 of 12 First First ... 34567891011 ... Last

Thread: DXHR: MULTI LANGUAGE & SUB-TITLES - All Discussion / Q&As - See 1st page for updates

DXHR: MULTI LANGUAGE & SUB-TITLES - All Discussion / Q&As - See 1st page for updates

Any news on this?

Not at all. We should start collecting signatures or something.

Everything resolved?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

So, will we get english audio with the german version of the game on Steam?

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for this idea (with English DLC) from Russia!
    It'd be much appreciated if Eidos would let this happen, hope for their understanding
    Xbox 360, btw

Hi! I' ve read q&a about language in the game but still. I have russian version with russian voices. But when I change system language to eng the game also changes voices from rus to eng but the subs and the menu are in Polish. I know it s not possible to combine subs and audio but since the disc ALREADY CONTAINS English voice acting, can t u just add a patch so thar cutomers could read the menues in rus. Well, I guess it s not too hard to just make a mix of game contents. Please, Eidos. With eng voices and eng\rus subs its goin to be the game of the year for me!
    P.S. Thank u very much for such a great game!
    P.P.S. Russian voices are really bad :-( but the translation is nice.
    And yeah, I have a ps3 version.

Originally Posted by normak
    I have russian version with russian voices. But when I change system language to eng the game also changes voices from rus to eng but the subs and the menu are in Polish.
    yeah, tried too
    don't really know what to do with such concurrence, to laugh or to cry :|
    P.S. don't really care much 'bout that mixing languages thing & 'bout subs
    i just want to play normal, original, english game

Originally Posted by iNeedzHelp
    So, will we get english audio with the german version of the game on Steam?
    When you have activated your game you can change the language to whatever you like, steam client will download the language pack, but it downloads just 1 pack at a time. so if you cannot officially mix languages, audio of 1 language subtitles of another (note - polish has no localised voice so will use english voice and polish text)
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    When you have activated your game you can change the language to whatever you like, steam client will download the language pack, but it downloads just 1 pack at a time. so if you cannot officially mix languages, audio of 1 language subtitles of another (note - polish has no localised voice so will use english voice and polish text)
    Cool, thx for the reply. Another quick question, can you tell me the differences between the german and the uk/us version of the game as it says (DE) in my account summary on Steam and I am afraid to get a crippled/censored version of the game as (DE) is usually not a good sign.

Hi, i just bought the game here in france, not 2 hours ago.

I'm sorry to say that, really, but i shut down my console without even starting the game when i realized that there was no way for me to play with the original voices.

(i just watched the opening and the first dialog between Sarif and Adam ... it was terrible.)

Please, release a language Pack for 360 and PS3 ... if you do it for Steam, do it for everyone. Please.

Same problem here, but on PC. We can only choose full translate (subtitles AND voices).

I can't understand why Eidos doesn't let the player choose to play with the subtitles of his country, but with english voices. Like any DVD, like any games of these days...

It would be SO easy to do like all the games do now, so... why ? I can't even understand. :/

Can we hope a patch about this problem ? We are a lot in Europe to wait for that, so please I would really appreciate an answer. Thanks.

And congrats for this amazing game.

I kinda hate repeating what others just said but in this case numbers might make a difference so...

I mean I'm an american living in Brussels atm for several reasons, not being able to play the game in english because I'd rather buy my game in a local store than on Amazon.uk is blasphemy to me.

On a whole other matter, game is great (though french voice acting sucks) and extended edition bonuses are well worth it. Great package.

Now if only we could have some info (be it good or bad) on a patch, so I know if I have to resell my copy and order one on the net...

I think there will be many disappointed people tomorrow when they will realize that the European console version does not feature English audio...

Post PC Audio+Subtitles Language Changer REQUEST

I formally open this topic to ask eidos please adds a Language Changer.

So players can choose and set Audio and Subtitles language of there likes.

EXAMPLE:
    Audio: English
    Subtitles: Spanish

Any kind of language they want to play the game.

Sing up! for this, i believe eidos can give us this. The game is not good if we don't enjoy it in our own language.

We want to listen in english, but we also want the option to read it in our language.

Please.

If someone else knows how to change the settings on audio and subtitles, please give us ideas how to do that, thank you very much.

Yes, that would be really great!

Russian audio is much worse than original sound, so I have to play in english. As long as my english is not brilliant, I have some troubles with the understanding of the dialogues. Russian subtitles will be much appreciated.

A solution was found for PC versions for that. It needs to set up the game on full english (by Steam), then replace a file : "patch0.000", by an other. I can't give the file here, because I'm not sure it's legal, and the file I downloaded was for french subtitles. I have no idea if it could work for other countries without add french subtitles.

Whatever, we can now see it was not a technical limitation for games with both voices, english and local country. Again, I can't understand why did they do that ?

I'm forced to play the game in spanish and I hate it, it simply destroys any sense of immersion and it turns what seems a decent game into a mediocre experience. I simply cannot understand why a company decides to boycot it's own game by not giving users the option to play the game in english with subtitles just like any other game does.

I sent an e-mail about that and the answer I got is that there's plans for language packs on Steam but the game is alredy out, those packs should be available on day 1.

I'm downloading now the english version on Steam but I will probably miss a few things and I'd really like to have spanish subtitles, it can't be that hard.

I'm playing the Xbox 360 version and I agree, the spanish voices are lame, which absolutely kills the mood and atmosphere. Plus, the audio mixing is horrible. Voice volume is too low, no matter how you configure the audio levels. Terrible, really. I saw it coming, now I know for sure.

So, as someone asked here, I hope Eidos makes the voice pack also available for console users. Let's be fair here.

Just booted up the game and to my horror found out it isnt in English. Seriously, WTF?! This is the first game on PS3 i've played without English since Dead Space, and at least in that there wasnt a lot of speaking. I'm really mad about this, i've only watched the intro and i already want to turn the game off. Way to screw your customers Eidos. Have you heard the game in French? Of course you havent, you dont care about the quality of the non-English audio. And dont try and say otherwise, this is the same group of actors i hear in several other games on 360 (Mass Effect for example), about 6 actors in all doing the voices for every character in the game, no more accents, everyone is just an average French person, bye-bye immersion!

I'm not even going to try and reason with you, i already know that this wont get patched. So i'll just inform you that this is the last Eidos made game i'll be buying. You obviously dont care about the quality of your games outside of English-speaking countries so i wont care about your games at all.

So thanks for ruining a massive part of this game for me and for many others, Eidos/Square. I'd like to say what i really think but i'd probably get banned and the post deleted. I'm boiling with rage right now over this.

Originally Posted by Gekidami
    So thanks for ruining a massive part of this game for me and for many others, Eidos/Square. I'd like to say what i really think but i'd probably get banned and the post deleted. I'm boiling with rage right now over this.
    Cool story bro'.

(click image to enlarge)

I just bought the PS3 game in Spain, yet a few things are unclear to me.
    1) Is it possible to switch the language? It installs in French... My knowledge of French stops at "Je non parle francais" I can't find a menu to switch it either...
    2) Is it even possible to play in English? If not I'll return it and order from an English store...

Do you have English as system language? Maybe it installs French when the PS3 is on English, because the European PS3 version does not include English, it only features French, Italian, German and Spanish. If you turn your PS3 to Spanish, you should at least get Spanish. If you want English you have to buy the UK version of the game, but the UK version has only English, no Spanish.

I prefer my game to be in English, my Spanish isn't good enough.
    I guess I'll return the game tomorrow then. *sigh*
    Here goes waiting for a week or more. Thanks for the fast answer.

a simple thing to do.

there is not enough place on the 360's DVD for alternate languages. fine, ok.

then ... release a free DLC with the english audio, and a little patch to allow the player to choose his subtitles.

There. PROBLEM SOLVED.

So where is the issue ? why not doing it ? give us at least 1 good reason !

A review of the Chinese dialog voice overs.

As someone who can speak chinese fluently, I must say I am very impressed that this game have so many lines speaking in chinese, but at same time, their quality range from average to very poor, some of the lines sound exactly like someone just trying real hard to read each letter from the paper. Also in Chinese there are 2 major dialect, one is Mandarin the other is Cantonese, all the voice overs are Mandarin in this game which is appropriate, because it is being spoken in area near shanghai, however I know half of the voice actor you hired are native Cantonese speakers, so it was very awkward for them to speak Mandarin (a lot Cantonese have hard time speaking Mandarin property). Another problem I see is literal translation from English to Chinese, which for a lot of them makes no sense, but yet, many of the spoken Chinese were exactly word for word translation from English, which means the translator or the voice actor you hired don't speak Chinese very well.

Overall compare to the English voice overs, the quality is not even close. if you guys planning to do more Chinese voices please contact me, I'll do them for you for FREE because I love this series. In conclusion this is a good start, I wish to see more games with different languages, but you can improve upon it just be doing a little bit more research.

Page 7 of 12 First First ... 34567891011 ... Last