Thread: The "Is this game worth playing?" Thread ...

The "Is this game worth playing?" Thread ...

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I hate spin-offs. Never buy 'em.
    ROFL ...

Dog Man wished he never even glanced at Dog Days , lol disillusioned individual spotted ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    IMPYEMU is correct, game is and i struggled at the first main puzzle where a airlock or i think a asteroid threat is coming and need to shut a door. Luckily a pre-ordered the game and got the code. Then pre-ordered again and got the code again.
    Bevacur! I got stuck at the same part!

*adds coincidence to notebook of coincidences*
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Thumbs Up

Yeah you two kind of have this tendency of being thrown out of the skyscraper by yours truly ...

You also always seem to land back on your feet and blow up my tower in the process , you must be cheaters ...

At least one Half of you two's names are also named after an animal ...

You're both underaged menaces to society ...

I believe i've entered pedophile mode on the both of you at least once ...

And one time you both had surely fell asleep on Slash's couch , since whatever it is that you wanted to do always take place way after your bed time ...

I'm pretty sure there are more similarities between the two than meets the eye ...
    *re enters pedophile mode* ...

Cool

So regarding The Twilight Sage: Breaking Dawn...
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Exclamation

WOT A COINCIDENCE ! ...

I just discovered this movie on IMDB earlier today/yesterday !!!! ... !! ...

AND DAMN ! I apparently got spoiled because the synopsis on top of the page is a spoiler ... the whole line of it ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    WOT A COINCIDENCE ! ...

I just discovered this movie on IMDB earlier today/yesterday !!!! ... !! ...

AND DAMN ! I apparently got spoiled because the synopsis on top of the page is a spoiler ... the whole line of it ...
    The werewolves eat the baby, right?

Then Aslan casts Avada Cadavra and wipes out all the Vampire Clans!
    ~The Emu hath landed~

In case anyone was wondering, Undead Nightmare is definitely worth playing. It's not the masterpiece the main game is, but it is still very entertaining, especially all the reunions with various side characters from the main game.

Now, AC: Brotherhood, is the multiplayer worth playing? I know I'll pick the game up eventually, but if the multiplayer is good that might be sooner rather than later.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    In case anyone was wondering, Undead Nightmare is definitely worth playing. It's not the masterpiece the main game is, but it is still very entertaining, especially all the reunions with various side characters from the main game.

Now, AC: Brotherhood, is the multiplayer worth playing? I know I'll pick the game up eventually, but if the multiplayer is good that might be sooner rather than later.
    Never liked Assassin's Creed that much, but I do know that if you like the first two, you'll like Brotherhood.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Rolleyes

Originally Posted by IMPYEMU
    Never liked Assassin's Creed that much, but I do know that if you like the first two, you'll like Brotherhood.
    Awe ...

I thought that Assassin's Creed was more of a prototype than a game made for release , nevertheless i enjoyed the story and the dialogs a lot ...

Then i thought Assassin's Creed II was the game that the first one was Supposed to be , and i remember having an overall fun time playing it ...
    However i didn't liked the story , at all , i failed to see what is it that people got all so excited about , all i got was disappointment , and the ending was a poor immitation of the first game ...
    Meanwhile the gameplay , though being an improvement of the first one , still isn't quite a game that i would want to replay twice ... maybe it was just too easy , or too linear (which go against the principle that You're an Assassin in a sandbox world if you're always restricted to do what people tell you to do or go to) , or the story was just plain unengaging ... you just move on year after year killing people you barely get to know or feel their individual charisma , then suddendly the game makes a ten year fast foward jump and supposedly people find it an 'epic tale' , god damn it ...
    Overall Assassin's Creed II was just plain overrated , it had to thank the louzy year that was 2009 that allowed it to earn so many game of the year nominations and awards ...

So , i kind of hated and liked the first two , so what will it make out of Brotherhood ? an ensemble of the worst or of the best ? or yet another love it as much as hate it game ...

What's funny is that the reviews said that Brotherhood's story isn't as good as the second one ... so ... does this mean that reversely for me it would be an underated masterpiece ? ... we'll see ...

disillusioned individual spotted ! ...
    Look who's talking! *hacks a turret, waits for Charlie, uses Winter Blast 3 on him when near the turret*
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Bad Company 2 is a blast to play. Feels a lot like Kane & Lynch at times... walk to point X, bunches of nameless faceless enemies spawn and shoot at you from cover, kill aforementioned enemies and move on.

The banter between the soldiers in Bad Company is also pretty amusing. Made me chuckle out loud a few times, which is rare these days.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Bad Company 2 is a blast to play. Feels a lot like Kane & Lynch at times... walk to point X, bunches of nameless faceless enemies spawn and shoot at you from cover, kill aforementioned enemies and move on.

The banter between the soldiers in Bad Company is also pretty amusing. Made me chuckle out loud a few times, which is rare these days.
    This, the game is really awesome. Thought Bad Company 1 sucked a big donkey . Played the demo for Bad Company 2 and thought it was exactly the same sooo i missed out on the release.

Few weeks ago, possibly a month maybe more than 1 month but less than 3 months, i brought ultimate edition and loving it. The sound is great and makes my ear spunk out of pure excitement. Vietnam is a blast, shame there is only 4 maps. I love the carnage when playing rush. Buildings exploding, people dying, kids screaming in anger...oh the joys...
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Awe ...

I thought that Assassin's Creed was more of a prototype than a game made for release , nevertheless i enjoyed the story and the dialogs a lot ...

Then i thought Assassin's Creed II was the game that the first one was Supposed to be , and i remember having an overall fun time playing it ...
    However i didn't liked the story , at all , i failed to see what is it that people got all so excited about , all i got was disappointment , and the ending was a poor immitation of the first game ...
    Meanwhile the gameplay , though being an improvement of the first one , still isn't quite a game that i would want to replay twice ... maybe it was just too easy , or too linear (which go against the principle that You're an Assassin in a sandbox world if you're always restricted to do what people tell you to do or go to) , or the story was just plain unengaging ... you just move on year after year killing people you barely get to know or feel their individual charisma , then suddendly the game makes a ten year fast foward jump and supposedly people find it an 'epic tale' , god damn it ...
    Overall Assassin's Creed II was just plain overrated , it had to thank the louzy year that was 2009 that allowed it to earn so many game of the year nominations and awards ...

So , i kind of hated and liked the first two , so what will it make out of Brotherhood ? an ensemble of the worst or of the best ? or yet another love it as much as hate it game ...

What's funny is that the reviews said that Brotherhood's story isn't as good as the second one ... so ... does this mean that reversely for me it would be an underated masterpiece ? ... we'll see ...
    THANK YOU!

AC2 is so terribly overrated! I thought the same thing about it's story, not special and not as good as the first game's. I didn't like the game enough to even finish after I made it to the halfway point.

*marks down coincidence in notebook of coincidences*

Gettin' good use out of this thing!
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Thumbs Down

Man i've barely started my rant on Ezio Auditore Da Firenze , one big shame to be a descendant of Altair...

His name alone is that of a uneducated pimp , how the did Ezio become so damn popular among critics and gamers ? ... ... ... oh wait it does make sense doesn't it ? ...

I''ll say this much: At least Ezio's accent fits. You can't really say that about Altair, except in one of those spin off games where he actually had a good voice actor.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Yeah well to me in terms of importance ...

The stuff that comes out of a character's mouth > the voice > the accent ...

So Ezio might have a politically correct accent , but his voice makes me want to slap him , and the things he says makes me want to open his skull and slap his brain ...

Though by the end of the game , after the sudden ten year lapse , he does sound ... different ... not exactly 'matured' , but less-slap-worthy ...
    Hopefully it'll be the same for Brotherhood ...

And as of Altair's accent ... well , blame it on the Animus 1.0 ...

Question

Mass Effect 2 ...

It's out on the PS3 for some time now ...
    It also won Game of the Year in the latest Interactive Achievement Awards (i seriously didn't even knew the nominations were announced , let alone that the ceremony actually happened ! until now) ...

But i don't know , the demo as i expected wasn't all that exciting ...
    And the fact that there's an increasingly growing number of people calling the game overrated makes me think this is the new Uncharted ...

Any one of you civilised man-eaters actually played this game and had something to say about it ? ...

Mass Effect, in my opinion, has always been popular because it's sci fi. Nothing else about it is really notable. The plots are generic, the character interaction and animation can feel stilted, the gameplay isn't fantastic, the voice acting ranges from awful to alright, the characters seem ripped straight from other Bioware games and overall, the series is very safe and generic. It is popular just because it's essentially doing what Star Wars does but better, but because Star Wars has taken a dive in the past few years, it's really not that much of an achievement.

The most common compliment you will hear is about how complete it's universe feels. But really all that back story comes through text logs and the believability of the universe comes into question when you notice the number of chest high walls around.

So yeah, you could say that I don't care for Mass Effect. I just don't feel it truly excels in any area at all. I could go into more detail, but I think this will suffice.

Mass Effect, in my opinion, has always been popular because it's sci fi. Nothing else about it is really notable.
    Which is exactly why I'm staying far away from it.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

I disagree, being scifi didn't stop many other games from being trashed; there's plenty of good stuff in mass effect. Yup, the universe is compelling, and it's no small detail for an rpg, the dialogs are bioware quality, characters are memorable(not all, but many of them), the overall design is fantastic, the gameplay itself is a fun mix of 3rd person shooter and the old bioware tactical rpg(the only downside was the inventory wich was terrible); the story build up to an epic finale, but it's also very very much inspired by star control 2.

Overall it's a very nice blend of action and rpg, with a lot of storytelling, nice enviorments and intresting interaction with characters.

I've yet to play me2, and was little bit thrown back by what I've read is a story that's not as large in scale, and a more streamlined gameplay, but I'll get to it eventually. I'm just tired of the same fare that bioware has with its stories, well told, but it's always action hero at the end of the day and the morality systems they have in place is too much black and white.

Originally Posted by UhUh
    I'm just tired of the same fare that bioware has with its stories, well told, but it's always action hero at the end of the day and the morality systems they have in place is too much black and white.
    This is the main reason I know longer buy Bioware games. Around the time I noticed this trend (around the time the hype was building for Dragon Age: Origins) I found this thread at the Bioware Forums. Honestly, that kind of ended Bioware games for me since the writers themselves essentially say that they cannot innovate their games because they lack inspiration and are too afraid of the game not making them money if they try to change it. They all but outright say that they make their games the way they are just out of a pure desire for money. This coming from the writers of the game, not even the business executives or CEOs, really rubs me the wrong way.

So yeah, that's my opinion on Bioware games.

Thumbs Up

Right , so The Force Unleashed II Complete Edition is still a bigger priority on my list than Mass Effect 2 ...

I knew it ...

This is the main reason I know longer buy Bioware games. Around the time I noticed this trend (around the time the hype was building for Dragon Age: Origins) I found this thread at the Bioware Forums. Honestly, that kind of ended Bioware games for me since the writers themselves essentially say that they cannot innovate their games because they lack inspiration and are too afraid of the game not making them money if they try to change it. They all but outright say that they make their games the way they are just out of a pure desire for money. This coming from the writers of the game, not even the business executives or CEOs, really rubs me the wrong way.

So yeah, that's my opinion on Bioware games.
    That is depressing, guess Bio are too comfortable right now to try harder.

http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-age-...ces/35-489447/

They REALLY don't even want to make the effort anymore, do they?

never liked Dragon Age. Saw the EA logo and was immediately turned off.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last