Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Details of NEW Tomb Raider

Details of NEW Tomb Raider

Here are scans of the Game Informer magazine preview of Tomb Raider.

[WARNING] Some of the pages contain HUGE spoilers about the opening sequence of the game, only read the first 3 pages if you want to avoid these.

http://playstationinformer.wordpress...infomer-scans/

Loving the concept of the survival/exploration theme, the rebooted storeyline, and the more human/less super-hero like Lara.

I'm really liking the way things are headed with this new game!!! I'm loving this new Lara! Can't wait to see some action!
    signature image

By the way, I've just realised that the pictures from page 4-9 are screenshots, they look so good I thought they were concept art, but you can see buttons for a QTE in one of the pictures.

Oh maaan! I really like Lara's old (Crystal's) biography! As much as I can see here, she didn't lose her mother in Nepal, her both parents are still alive.

But there is one thing I like: her face! She looks so much like Underworld Lara. Not only graphics, but her face.

Ah, so I notice they have rid the franchise of the pointless 'models' that are usually picked. Never once understood that...

So thats one thing you don't need down.

Now what about voice actress? Do those of us in Britain get to once again hear the voice of:

Oh, Ants, I knew you would mention Keeley!
    I certanly hope that Keeley will stay with Tomb Raider. She has the best voice for Lara!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Oh, Ants, I knew you would mention Keeley!
    I certanly hope that Keeley will stay with Tomb Raider. She has the best voice for Lara!
    Can't help it! She's been in my favorite TV program (Ashes to Ashes) therefore she is basically a female Jesus! Okay, perhaps not that drastic!

But to be fair the game itself is looking more interesting now I read that (I didn't read it all just the odd few sentences here and there, shall read later. So from what I see/read good job CD.

Very exiting news!!!!

Ants .......Hope she gets the voice for Lara.

Cant wait until it's released we'll still have AGES

x

I'M SO HAPPY. I'M SO HAPPY.

Anyway! hello everybody! I'm aware i havent been on here in ages!!! been caught up watching silly tv series. xD

I didn't know anything about tr9 until now when i decided to check the tr website and a weird boat background came up with nothing on it... so i decided to... check it out. AND DARE I SAY IT SOUNDS AWESOME. xD
    I can't be bothered to read it all when does it come out??? xD
    signature image

I don't think Keeley will be staying unfortunately, in the new game Lara is only 21 and Keeley's voice is too mature to be a 21 y/o
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    I don't think Keeley will be staying unfortunately, in the new game Lara is only 21 and Keeley's voice is too mature to be a 21 y/o
    No it's not. Girl's voice doesn't mutate that drasticaly. It's the same voice in age of 21 and 40.

THIS LOOKS GREAT!
    Finally, an M rating! Those deaths look pretty brutal though. Lara looks so pretty in those pictures too, I CANT WAIT.
    "In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces."- Zapp Brannigan

IM SO EXCITED! IM GOING TO BE COUNTING DOWN THE SECONDS LIKE IT'S NEW YEARS! lol
    Sink Or Swim

Yay! I am so excited! Finally, survival. Finally a way to go about the game how we desire! Finally, we have the gory deaths back and I am so glad we have the M rating.

This will be fantastic, I do hope there will be a lot to do, let alone it being a long game (something that isn't 15 hours of gameplay).
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

M Rated huh? Dun Dun Dun!

Feelings are Mixed in the Naraku Castle...

BTW the site now is almost up and running, with links to gameinformer's articles.
    signature image

The Game Informer reveal is just awesome!!!
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

There is a rumor that says that the dual pistols are taken off. How can they do that? Dual pistols for Tomb Raider is like a Hidden Blade for Assassin's Creed!
    I need the hammer to kill a god!

Quote Originally Posted by DarlinG View Post
    There is a rumor that says that the dual pistols are taken off. How can they do that? Dual pistols for Tomb Raider is like a Hidden Blade for Assassin's Creed!
    I'm sure I noticed in one of the photos somebody posted that she had a pistol in either hand. But I think it'd be better that unless you find them your without them kind of thing.

So they are lost somewhere till you decide you'd feel better with them, only to discover they have no ammo and your forced to make your own ammo for them. Granted probably not that realistic but would be interesting.

Instead of automatically having them when you start actually playing the game if you catch me drift?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    So they are lost somewhere till you decide you'd feel better with them, only to discover they have no ammo and your forced to make your own ammo for them. Granted probably not that realistic but would be interesting.
    With what is she going to make ammo on a deserted island? Twigs and stones?
    I hope the game is going to be amazing...
    I need the hammer to kill a god!

This bares the question, I highly hope that there is only a few bullets like the old Resi games making progression slightly more tense. Especially if they're going for a realistic outlook... theres going to be actual ammo either.

So I'm hoping for a more focus on melee combat instead.

Yeah, it is unfortunate to have Lara without her dual pistols, but this is during the time she becomes what we know her as. If anything at the end she'll pick up two 9mm Pistols.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

I want to see that ice pick used in situations other than climbing so violent.. so awesome
    signature image

Well, its an island that seems to have a huge gravitational attraction for all things metal

Odds are you be able to find some ammo from the wrecks, and for the first time in a Tomb Raider game there will be a logical reason for finding weapons and ammo hidden around the landscape

oh well, maybe just in the beggining of the game. maybe Lara will find her pistols later in the game...

I'm liking that it's all about survival. That's what made me love Tomb Raider (1) to begin with. It was scary not knowing what would happen to you. Every step you take doesn't gurantee your safety, even though you have pistols to back you up. You're alone with silence. And heck yes, it puts you on the edge of fear. It wasn't a horror game but it delivered those elements anyway.

The M-rating is what I'm iffy about. We have franchises lie Uncharted (rated T) that does well with the M-rated audience and of course younger. But the M-rating does allow it to do more than it wasn't allowed. But if it wasn't for the T rating, my dad wouldn't have considered bundling Tomb Raider with our very first purchase of PS1 back in 1999. Before that, I'd also recognize Lara Croft as this video game character I wouldn't give a care for.

Well that's just me otherwise, can't say I'm REEEAL stoked about this, considering I've been through two versions of Tomb Raider already. Still, I'm welcoming this and giving it a chance. It sounds like Crystal Dynamics knows what they're saying. Good choice of words from the Game Informer stuff too. Sounds like they've done their research well. I just hope this time when we see it in action, this will be IT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast