View Poll Results: What do you think about TR9 being rated M (mature)?

Voters
330. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

    210 63.64%
  • I hate it!

    8 2.42%
  • It depends on what content makes it mature...

    77 23.33%
  • I couldn't care less

    35 10.61%
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 738

Thread: new TR 18+ - your thoughts! | subtopics: Vlad scene + should Lara use vulgar words?

  1. #226
    This whole "rape scene" BS is causing quite the poo-storm. First of all, who the hell was the first person to say it was a rape scene? The dude didn't even touch her inappropriately...hell, the only part of her he touched was her shoulder. His hands weren't even near her ass, just near her waist when she kick him in the balls. We don't know what he was really trying to do, maybe he was patting her down for any knives or something. People love to complain about stupid s**t. Hell, if that was a rape scene, then what is this scene considered then?

    @3:18

    I don't see people complaining about the militant touching Sheva's chest and ass and calling it rape.
    The eff is with people these days, it's like they love complaining about the stupidest things.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    damn, looks like i was living under a rock. dint know there are article regarding the attempted rape scene.

    seriously??? people actually make a problem out of this???? are you ing kidding me
    how come no one complains about a rape scene in movies? because they can say its just acted and not real? whats the difference in a game??? its virtual, not a single person gets raped at all, not even acted. lara even escapes from it. she had to defend her self. other females should be happy/proud to see that this woman stood up for her self and dint let that guy come that close to her. but no, they complain instead.
    how ing stupid are these people who think its bad to show the main protagonist, who is about to get raped? these are scavengers on that island. they havent seen a woman probably for years. its obvious they want to do this . its common logic. just like a kid, who hasnt played with toys for years and suddenly sees a toy to play with.

    when the trailer came out, one guy on the escapistmagazine particularly was referring to the rape scene only.
    he thinks its a cheap way, like in a movie, that a woman has to be brutalized/raped, before she becomes an action hero.
    he does have some good points, but he still focuses only at that part. wile others try to tell him its part of the story.

    here is one of his comment:
    But when I watch that trailer I don't get the feeling that was their motivation. It all comes across like an exploitation movie - like the 70s/80s revenge flicks that used rape/attempted rape as the reason for the female hero to pick up a gun and start killing people, exactly as shown in the trailer. Of course we're seeing it out of context, but I'll bet any money that that's the first point in the game where Lara picks up the pistol(s) that are iconic to her character. That's not a traumatic experience, that's an excuse.

    i would post the link, but it does contain minor foul language and im sure driber will remove the link.

    but why people freak out just like that without understanding the situation, is just mind buggering. interview regarding rape and how women feel about it????
    im pretty sure they will never use a single female view, who thinks the attempted rape scene is part of laras survival.

    personally, im fine with the attempted rape scene. sure, CD could have used a different moment to force lara to kill someone but it still makes sense in the situation she is in.
    signature image

  3. #228
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    These are bad guys that have no authority telling them right from wrong. I would be surprised if they didn't try and act dominent and inappropriate to a woman lost in their web there. However, like the article now listed in the OP states, there is no further nature cut from this scene where any attempted rape occurs.

  4. #229
    Oh boo hoo. Even if it was an attempted rape, do people seriously think CD would really let that happen to Lara as an excuse as to why she is a gun slinging kickass heroine?

  5. #230
    Jesus, what rape scene??

    Have anyone heard of Haunting Ground? Fiona, short skirt huge tits, scared as hell and all that.. And when the enemy gets her it even is implied or given the sounds that she being raped. Wheres the controversy.
    signature image
    Raiding tombs with Lara since 1996!

  6. #231
    I didn't know this was a rape scene? Lol?

    Doesn't even look attempted at all, he just kinda gets close that's all. NO RAPE.

    People have sick minds these days, too much of you know whats, it's just a video game.
    signature image

  7. #232
    Hi,

    I've just heard about this fuss over the attempted rape scene and, as a Tomb Raider fan, I feel bound to come here and express my opinion hopping the developers will consider it.

    On short, the attempted rape scene IS A MUST HAVE!

    So don't go silly and try to soften it or anything because of dumb people feeling offended by such scenes in games, where everyone is OK blowing brains out, stealing cars and doing all sort of crimes.

    The scene is indeed important for constructing young Lara's character and it justifies her choices, who she become and so on. Personally I wouldn't mind going even more explicit (keeping the decency though) - movies do.

    I am going to buy the game mostly because it shows a mature and serious atmosphere. Removing this scene from the game and crippling it from what the script writer intended would make me reconsider.

    Too many games were reduced to common and mediocre experiences just because the publishers' fear of the general public opinion.

    Luckily the survey is showing that at least fans here are loving it.

    So KEEP THE SCENE as intended by the script writer!

    Thanks!

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    welcome to the forum

    people generally are just retarded and love complaining about every there is. mostly to make them selfs important and try to brainwash other people to believe in them and make money that way.

    just like the trouble with ME1 regarding the sex scene. saying what bad influence it has to the community, blah blah blah
    wile movies on the other hand have more nudity and sex and no one seams to complain about them.

    i would find it very amusing if a gaming company would actually tell these people to F off instead of apologizing, and telling them how stupid they are for not understanding the concept of the story.

    of course they would in trouble for that but at least it would be the truth.
    signature image

  9. #234
    The Sun have unwelcomely decided to stick their oar in now:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...game-hell.html

    HEROINE Lara Croft will face an attempted RAPE in the next Tomb Raider video game.

    The busty beauty — played in movies by Angelina Jolie — is taken prisoner by a bearded baddie.

    She is forced to fight him off before finally escaping his clutches.

    Makers of the action-adventure epic at US video game giant Crystal Dynamics have defended the scene, claiming they want to make Lara more vulnerable.

    Executive producer Ron Rosenberg said: “The ability to see her as a human is even more enticing to me than the more sexualised version of yesteryear.”

    Katie Russell of Rape Crisis said: “We’d be concerned if this was designed mainly to titillate as this trivialises real women’s experiences.”
    This is getting completely out of hand. The Sun have completely taken it out of all proportion and now we're gonna have hell with all these misinformed band-wagon mothers going on about games sexualising young boys too much. I can't be bothered with this.

  10. #235
    The Sun have unwelcomely decided to stick their oar in now:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...game-hell.html
    what !
    signature image

  11. #236
    As someone who was both a role player and a heavy metal fan at the height of the idiotic attacks on both from an uninformed but hysterical minority, I know the only way to deal with such people effectively: totally ignore them.

    The more you deny, the more hysterical and unreasonable they get. You won't convince them of anything because there's no way they will ever put in the necessary research to find out the truth.

    Such people are just not worth your time.
    signature image

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    The Sun have unwelcomely decided to stick their oar in now:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...game-hell.html

    This is getting completely out of hand. The Sun have completely taken it out of all proportion and now we're gonna have hell with all these misinformed band-wagon mothers going on about games sexualising young boys too much. I can't be bothered with this.
    This reminds me when Fox news so irresponsibly misrepresented Mass Effect, claiming that the game had full nudity and explicit sex scenes. Being that it was first on 360, they included the immature screen caption "Sex Box", only further discrediting their journalistic "integrity". Lots of uproar over what turned out to only be off screen sex and no more than 5 seconds of the slightest hint of side boob.

    Yeah there was a good deal of skin shown, but only from obscure angles, not full frontal exposure. That really tasteful kind of R rated cinematography we've seen for years in film. And they even missed the important detail of this scene being from a developed relationship between characters providing meaningful context.

    Guess what? Fox had to issue a retraction. Let's see of the Sun also owns up.
    signature image

  13. #238
    @EK: I know. It's more of the newspaper that's winding me up. I mean, this is coming from a 'family' newspaper that has a bare-breasted woman on the third page with every issue. The irony is... amusing. Combined with the fact that they've completely, and most probably intentionally, misinformed readers it makes me want to punch my screen.

    @adobeARTIST: The Sun probably won't. They seem so enjoy being the laughing stock of the media world.

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    @EK: I know. It's more of the newspaper that's winding me up. I mean, this is coming from a 'family' newspaper that has a bare-breasted woman on the third page with every issue. The irony is... amusing. Combined with the fact that they've completely, and most probably intentionally, misinformed readers it makes me want to punch my screen.
    They always have the best sports coverage. But for actual news, it's not their site I look at
    signature image

  15. #240
    I read in a newspaper and a newpaper I saw the guy in front of me was reading on the train full page spreads all about THAT scene. It's making our series look awful so they should cut it.

  16. #241
    @Triangle3: I disagree. They should definitely NOT cut it. i'm sorry but in AoD, Kurtis felt Lara up much longer and went much further than that guy did and there was no controversy. I don't understand why it's different. It should be better because Lara is risking her life to stop that man from raping her. I, as a female gamer, find pride in my favourite video-game hero for that. It's completely ridiculous the amount of publicity this tiny misunderstood scene is getting but I still think CD should stand by this scene because it's a pivotal event in her origin story.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Yeah there was a good deal of skin shown, but only from obscure angles, not full frontal exposure. That really tasteful kind of R rated cinematography we've seen for years in film. And they even missed the important detail of this scene being from a developed relationship between characters providing meaningful context.
    More like PG-13. That level shown would not have been enough to rate it R if the first Mass Effect was a movie. There also aren't ever any f-bombs in the game, and only ever one s word. The entire game was PG-13 material, if it ever were to have been a movie, or series of movies. A tiny bit of side boob and butt has been acceptable in even some PG films since the 70's when the ratings went into effect. You see more in a James Bond, or Vin Diesel XXX, Fast and Furious film than you do here.


    Mass Effect 2 would have been rated R, however, for Jack alone And not because of what she was wearing, but her mouth. I haven't played the third one yet, unfortunately, so I can't comment on that content level.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    i never read newspapers. they are all full of crap and they make me just angry. so i dont believe them.

    the only people who make a problem form this, are these hysterical mothers who think they do somehting good for the children but in the end they achieve the total opposite

    these people make me really angry that i want to do this

    skip to 18sec
    for some reason i cant embed it from the time i want to show it.

    yes, i get easily upset with these kind of people. mostly because of germany and there retarded youth protection crap that a little drop of blood in a movie or game can turn kids in to violent, trigger happy people
    thats how much it reminds me of.
    signature image

  19. #244
    Can't wait for the feminist marches around Square Enix studios, a bunch of misinformed women crying about something that's not even true.

    *Sigh*

  20. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Copeland View Post
    Can't wait for the feminist marches around Square Enix studios, a bunch of misinformed women crying about something that's not even true.

    *Sigh*
    I find it quite amusing. They should just go somewhere where people will bother to listen to their nonsense but then they would cease to exist, unfortunately .

  21. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    I find it quite amusing. They should just go somewhere where people will bother to listen to their nonsense but then they would cease to exist, unfortunately .
    We just can't win.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    I'm surprised that they aren't more concerned with the level of violence, like blowing away people with the shotgun, or Lara getting up and personal with a stab under the chin and through the brain on the one poor slob, going all William Wallace on him No, they focus on a *bad guy* getting a little too close and touching her shoulder. Yeah, that's what they do, because they're the BAD GUYS, haha!

    No, but these papers aren't selling well, so they need stuff like this. Plus, it's a distraction. They'd rather waste time on articles with false sensitization than to focus on the real problems we're facing.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    thanks for embedding my link but it still doesnt play from the time i chose.
    signature image

  24. #249
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    You can't make a video start from a specific time. If you want people to view it from a certain time on, then just add a little note underneath the video saying so, like, "From 2:13 on."

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    You can't make a video start from a specific time. If you want people to view it from a certain time on, then just add a little note underneath the video saying so, like, "From 2:13 on."
    lol, ok. did that now.
    shame that it doesnt work like that.
    signature image

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •