Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: DXHR - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS & PLATFORMS - General Discussion & Q&As

DXHR - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS & PLATFORMS - General Discussion & Q&As

DXHR - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS & PLATFORMS - General Discussion & Q&As

This may have been mentioned already. Anyone know what the minimum and recommmended are?

Frank

*Moderator Edit*

Engine - Modified Crystal Dynamics Crystal Engine
    Platforms - Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

System Requirements

Originally Posted by Coyotegrey
    Alright, in case you're wondering here are the official specs, straight from the team:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:
    o OS: Windows 7
    o PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
    o RAM: 2 GB
    o GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850
    o REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:
    o OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
    o PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
    o RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
    o GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
    o REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Not ‘Dumbed Down’ for the Consoles
    Mar 29, 2011 by Jason Weissman

With the recent announcement that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set for release on August 23, 2011, the mystery of when gamers could get their hands on the new installment had been answered and the focus has now returned back to the gameplay mechanics. For fans of the original Deus Ex, one of the major worries is how development of DX:HR for the consoles would affect the complexity of the overall game. Specifically, would it be streamlined for the console crowd?

This concern is primarily due to the changes made to the series in Deus Ex: Invisible War where many of the RPG elements had been removed from the first title. We recently addressed the issue of whether Deus Ex: Human Revolution would be simplified with Art Director, Jonathan Jacques-Belletête, to which he responded:

Not one bit, man. We have this inventory like Tetris where you have your grenades [and] your weapons. You have to manage the space. The last time we saw this on consoles was Resident Evil 4 where it was like, “man, I have no more space for that new gun. Maybe if I move this one here and I flip it like this and I move my grenades there, I actually have space.” It’s a puzzle. The fact that we kept this in a console game, in an action RPG, shows the kind of commitment that we had not to oversimplify this game. And it may sound a little trivial in the way I’m saying it, because it’s just a freaking inventory at the end of the day…But in terms of how the game is played, in terms of the difficulty level, in terms of how punitive the combat is, how efficient the stealth system is, how much of a real RPG it is – talking to people, getting side quests, all the exploration you can do – all that complexity has not been dumbed down one bit.

From the heavy emphasis on the four pillars of gameplay to the morale issues of transhumanism, Eidos Montreal seems intent on making DX:HR a hardcore RPG experience. Look for our full interview with Jonathan Jacques-Belletête later this week where we discuss what we can expect from protagonist Adam Jensen, the plans for DLC, and the potential future of the franchise.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution releases for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on August 23, 2011.
    Source: http://gamerant.com/deus-human-revol...oles-jw-75935/

Square Enix has been slipping lately, with several titles failing to meet general expectation (Final Fantasy XIV was a disaster). As a result, several upcoming games were impacted, including Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The title’s release date has been pushed back twice, and while that’s a disappointment for many, it usually spells benefits for the end product.

If you’re a Deus Ex fan, and would like nothing more than to get the upcoming RPG for your favorite console, the PlayStation 3, then Producer David Anfossi has some words for you. See below:

“Since the beginning, it was very important for us to not treat the PS3 version as a ‘port’ — you can trust us on that.”

He then concluded by saying:

“The analog sticks and buttons are different, and we tweaked them independently to ensure that everything is tight…

We recently saw some solid footage of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the game is looking like a real treat. The unique blend of first-person shooter and RPG elements make the Deus Ex series very popular among, especially among those who played the original back in 2000 on PC.
    http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011...n-easy-choice/

nope.

anyways the GPU is only the main concern.

2.6/3.0Ghz Duo core
    3GB RAM
    10GB mass storage
    Geforce 7 series (minimum)
    which is pretty much near the main standard for today
    Yes siree, the excitement never ends.

I'm more concerned about my AMD X2 7550 (2.5 Mhz.) CPU. I've been able to run Medal Of Honor, COD: BO, MW1, MW2, Far Cry2, and both Crysis with no problem.

GPU is an ATI 4650 512 MB.

I just hope I don't have to upgrade.

I thought Deus Ex 1 was AMAZING! I can't wait!!!

Frank

I don't think there wouldn't be too much of a problem although I wouldn't expect full quality but decent enough to run....

and that is a typo right? questions would be raised if you did underclock your CPU that low!

My guess would be that if your specs are higher then or match the xbox 360 you will be able to play it. (7900gtx)

However they have said that this game supports hardware Tessellation, a DX 11 feature. So if you want to see this game in all it's glory, your going to need a DX11 card. (Don't buy the Nvidia Geforce GT 430, that card is poop in a stick.)

I'll be playing this on my PS3. I don't think I'll ever have enough money to get a PC good enough to play this on it.

Originally Posted by Jehuty91
    I'll be playing this on my PS3. I don't think I'll ever have enough money to get a PC good enough to play this on it.
    Thought of building one yourself? Cut the middle-man out completely and have a better spec-sheet for your money too.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Sorry.....yeah, typo. I meant 2.5 Ghz.

I really don't want to have to upgrade for Crysis 2 and Deus Ex 3.

Although the Athlon X4 630 would work on my motherboard......

Frank

Originally Posted by FrankJ
    Sorry.....yeah, typo. I meant 2.5 Ghz.

Frank
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103628
    I don't know what mad825 is talking about. 2.5ghz is fine for a dual core.

Edit: Oh 2.5 mhz, now I see.

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Thought of building one yourself? Cut the middle-man out completely and have a better spec-sheet for your money too.
    I've saved myself so much money over the years by watching people build a PC and then going home and doing it myself, or getting people to wire the MB and the PSU and doing the rest myself. Only fried one graphics card in ten years, not bad going...
    signature image

If my PC can play Batman AA maxed out it should be able to play DX3 right? It's just, I had problems with the Nvidia PhysX on Mirror's Edge, it slowed the FPS to about about one frame per 5 seconds... D=

Originally Posted by JCpie
    If my PC can play Batman AA maxed out it should be able to play DX3 right? It's just, I had problems with the Nvidia PhysX on Mirror's Edge, it slowed the FPS to about about one frame per 5 seconds... D=
    Do you have a physX supported nvidiacard?

Originally Posted by Zakka
    Do you have a physX supported nvidiacard?
    I don't think so no, would I need it for newer releases?

you don't need it however it nice to have because it allows a more enchanted graphical environment and objects will have behave more realistically.heres an example

naturally, if the game was using a different engine (I.E havok) then some of it can be done without.

I have Dual Core 2 Duo E8400 (2x 3GHz), Geforce GTX260 896 MB 448 bit, 4 GB 800 MHz RAM. Do you think I will be able to play DE:HR on this PC?

Yes, it is nice and I hadn't seen that Batman video before. I was annoyed that I had to turn the PhysX off.

Would I need to purchase a new card or is there a download for it?

It's hardware. GeForce supports it starting with 8xxx, but they don't usually give you sufficient performance to really give you any benefit over software PhysX in most modern games. I've ran some tech demos on my 8800, but games still stutter. Batman: AA recommends GF 200 series or higher. Haven't tried it myself, but sounds about right.

If you can afford it, go for GF 400 series, 460 or higher. These will give you both DirectX 11 and PhysX. Odds are, in a couple of years games will run hardware physics via Shader 5, and you need DirectX 11 hardware for that.

what GPU do you have? if you card is physX enabled then you can download the software of the Nvida website for free.

there are also hacked versions which allow ATI user to have it enabled...which I won't talk about any further.

Legit PhysX drivers will run software PhysX if the card doesn't provide hardware support. You don't need any hacks for that. Some games might insist on hardware support, but that's a different matter. You still wouldn't be enabling hardware support. You'd just force the game to run software PhysX while thinking it has hardware support.

Well if you don't you should not turn physx on in mirror's edge There lies the problem.

Eventually, you'll need hardware physics just to run games, but I don't think it will be PhysX. As I mentioned above, Shader 5 is likely to take over. Mostly, because it's Microsoft, partly because it does actually make sense for once.

Yes, it is nice and I hadn't seen that Batman video before. I was annoyed that I had to turn the PhysX off.

Would I need to purchase a new card or is there a download for it?
    Almost all modern Nvida cards support Physix (8000 and up). However to see it at it's best you need one graphics card to render everything and one graphics card dedicated to Physix.

This can be done ether by buying one graphics card that has 2 graphics cards stacked or if your like me you can buy 3 graphics cards and dedicate one to Physix. (Need a special mobo.)

But Human Revaluation is partnered with AMD so I doubt this game will have Physix. It's really just kinda overkill.

Originally Posted by K^2
    Eventually, you'll need hardware physics just to run games, but I don't think it will be PhysX. As I mentioned above, Shader 5 is likely to take over. Mostly, because it's Microsoft, partly because it does actually make sense for once.
    I'm hoping for something a little more open.

Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
    I'm hoping for something a little more open.
    I'm sure there will be an OpengGL equivalent running via ARB at some point, but lets be realistic, games will run DirectX, so the standard for in-game physics will be Shader.

Fortunately, running DirectX is the only restriction. Once you loaded the shader and bound it to the material, it is entirely your game. You have full control over how every vertex get processed, what you'll do with forces you generate, how the object's coordinates are going to be transformed on each step, and so on.

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    I know nothing about doing that sort of thing. And surely it's still pretty expensive? I mean, what sort of price range are we talking here for a Desktop that'd run this game??

Somewhere between $600 and $1000 USD for a DirectX 11 "performance" desktop. You ought to be looking at either a Radeon HD 6800 series or GeForce 460, paired with a Core i5 750 or equivalent.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last