Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Kane and Lynch in LARA CROFT: GUARDIAN OF LIGHT!

Kane and Lynch in LARA CROFT: GUARDIAN OF LIGHT!

Question

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    At least now we know where that plane from Dog Days landed.
    But where did the classy clothes come from ? ...

Now that must be the mystery they have to solve ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

well actually looking at them you can see the models and the artwork are from DeadMen, I guess before going to Cuba they had a little diversion :P

btw, nobody's happy that they want with the DeadMen style over DogDay's?

Lightbulb

Someone has been skipping my posts ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    I sentence thee to buy and play the Guardian of Light with the Lynch and Kane character pack , and then add in trivias for thy lordship before transcripting all the new recorded dialogs for our weekend entertainment ...

Oh sorry Grievous must have skipped it, anyway Guardian of Light is quite plesant to play in coop and was already on the to buy eventually on the 360; belive it or not it has been pushed back because of Lego Harry Potter.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Oh snap , i almost forgot that the next time i threaten to blow up the planet i have to ask for a Lego Kane & Lynch: Brick Days as the unnegotiable ransom ...

Thanks for the reminder ...

Arrow

The Kane & Lynch character pack is now released on the European Playstation Store , for free ...
    It is also released on the Xbox Live now ...

But it's only free to Xbox Live Gold Users ...

I won a code for a free "copy" of this game a few months ago. Never liked Tomb Raider so I gave it away. Now I kinda wish I hadn't...
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Thumbs Up

THIS WEEK ON THE NIGHT LIFE OF DOG MAN ! ...

Our hero reveals a dark secret ...

-I ... i ed up bad ...
    -What did you do Dog Man?
    -I had it ... the code ... in my hand ... and i gave it away !!! ...
    -Dog Man, how could you? and i thought the day you put our baby for sale on ebay was bad, but this, this is too much! don't you dare touch me anymore!
    -WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't forget to tune it on time to see the exciting conversations that will happen next ...

-Well, any worthy advice for my misadventure?
    -Why are you looking at me like that? i'm just the local wise-hobo! weeeeeeee look at me fall on my arse!

And the inevitable sexual related scene ! ...

-Dogs can do it with Monkeys, you know...
    -Hmmm, i'll pass

THE NIGHT LIFE OF DOG MAN , your favorite weekly entertaining drama show ...

Only on G-N-R , brought to you by the Grievous Empire Corporation ...

http://goteaminternet.com/img/docs/3591.jpg

EDIT: stupid spoiler tags don't work for images. Nuts.

Thumbs Up

Oooh , better use that for marketing purposes ...

The G-N-R productions are made of such marvelous quality that it doesn't just blow your mind Once , but Continuously Until The End Of Time ! ...

Charlie made a funneh

Big Grin

Funny

Lynch is so cool .

*bleep* *bleep* *bleep* What the *bleep* was that?!

Big Grin

The genius moment was at the fourth minute , when the game paused for the tutorial of the Health Shrine , and Kane who has always been accustomed to auto health regeneration flabbergastedly shouts HOLY BLEEP ...

Anywya , it seems that the man recorded the entire playthrough of the Guardian of Light with Lynch and Kane , which means that one of you will have to watch it all in order to feed the trivia thread ...
    I would have done it myself but i'm not so keen in spoiling this downloadable game ... i mean who knows , maybe one day while walking down the street i'll find me a free code scotched under my foot ...

By the way while there are new dialogs , most of them were indeed from Dog Days and Dead Men ... so did they really hired Jarion Monroe and Brian Bloom back just for a few new lines ? can they afford it for a free dlc ? or did they hired sound-alikes ? ...

Or ...

Rolleyes

It is also released on the Xbox Live now ...

But it's only free to Xbox Live Gold Users ...
    Now it is also made available for Xbox Live Silver accounts for Free ...

Steam still gets nada ...

Big Grin

i mean who knows , maybe one day while walking down the street i'll find me a free code scotched under my foot ...
    I ended up purchasing when it finally went on sale a couple months back, along with Mini Ninjas, much to Uhl Harboghast' delight I imagine.
    Of course I bought Guardian of Light exclusively for the Kane & Lynch character pack, don't kid yourselves.
    Also maybe the fact that a sequel has been announced and mentioned by Jamie in the Off Topic board made me realize that this is as opportune as a time as any.

Thus far I think I only reached halfway through, my reactions to the Kane & Lynch pack is positive enough, but with a huge downer to it: specifically, they aren't as chatty as I expected. The first level of the game is at odds with the rest of it; whereas they utter something every couple of minutes in the first level, the rest either has them only speak during the opening or ending level cutscene, and some level doesn't feature any dialogue whatsoever!

But when they do utter their classic lines, it's so deliberately out of place I can't help but crack a smile.

"S--t! That old f---er took it" ~ Kane's reaction after the thousand year old mummy has awaken and fled the scene.

"Holy 'S--t!" ~ Kane's appropriate reaction at seeing a health regeneration item for the first time, something foreign to him in his own franchise.

"God Damn Everywhere!" ~ Kane's frequent response to spider hordes, it's funny because he was originally referring to SWAT deathsquads in Dog Days.

"You think you can kill me?!!" ~ Lynch's proud stance standing next to the skeleton carcass of a dinosaur he just impaled.

"This is SO Wrong, Kane." ~ Lynch's somber delivery is what really sells it, it's his reaction when he enters the jungle filled with hundreds of exploding poisonous spores.

Note that they intentionally bleeped out the 'oh so naughty' words, probably due to the game's original rating.

None of the situation are particularly memorable on its own, i'll give you that much, but for a free character pack it was nice enough of them to have access to the entire dialogue library of the Kane & Lynch games and select the tracks that potentially fits a particular circumstance.
    I mean someone was actually paid and tasked to do this, can you imagine it? going through the entire library of recorded lines? Imagine if that someone didn't even like Kane & Lynch to begin with? Damn!

Some lines I don't recognize even; Lynch's remark about how "Did you see how he was eyeballing me?" seemed like they originally recorded it as yet another reference to Heat but didn't found a place to put it in the game.
    Wonder if i'll spot more of these unused lines.

They use lines from both Dead Men and Dog Days -released just a couple months prior- and uses the standard Dead Men outfit, although for some reason Lynch doesn't have his glasses!
    Fittingly during the loading screen they use the 2006 artwork where Lynch is shown without his glasses... although the in-game character profile icon displays Lynch with his glasses, hmm.

It seemed fitting that Kane would be the one who gets to use a grapple, and can perform classic rappelling moves with it!
    Lynch doesn't seem entirely out of place either with a golden spear and a giant shield on his back.

Disappointingly Lynch doesn't appear as a NPC character if you play in single player, in fact the cutscenes appears to be different than in co-op even.
    As a result I find myself playing through co-op with two controllers once again, bringing me memories of Dead Men all over, as I play with Lynch and uses Kane as live bait or cannon fodder, it's marvelous!

Some of the weapon selections aren't out of place for Kane & Lynch either, the dual wielding of machine guns felt very rough that would have fit right in in Dog Days, and the flamethrower? definitively something that should be used in the climax of Kane & Lynch III, or a sudden halfway 'eleventh hour superpower' in the game.

The game itself is entertaining, the gameplay makes it engaging if one plays it little by little, and overall, despite the fact that Lynch and Kane doesn't talk as much as I expected, it still provided me with much, much more satisfaction than, say... the 'self proclaimed funniest game ever' that is Portal 2 ever did.
    Even the Guardian of Light's puzzles are more satisfying at solving, that's saying something.
    There.

Come at me!

Page 2 of 2 First First 12