Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which character pack would you like to see first?!

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    "1. kain's mouth does not move."
    Nor does Raziel's (assuming you could see it) or any other character's for that matter. The characters have no facial animations, but Crystal has done a somewhat good job with camera angles to try and hide that, but it becomes pretty much obvious as you progress through the game.

I think the K&L dialogue is also stock audio (I wouldn't know, as I haven't ever played any K&L or LOK game), I doubt they'd hire the voice actors for all new dialogue in either case for just a crossover add-on content. Still, I thought the lines were reused in fitting manners -- yes, in a somewhat deceiving way, but as a whole, it works.

Thumbs Down

Very true Treeble.

I find it very wrong that the poll asked which pack we wanted first, when it was actually about which one we were willing to pay for.
    signature image

Well the EU got if first. Maybe it was a simple mistake letting Kane and Lynch go on the US store last week. Though seeing as they were free and we paid for the LoK instead makes we wonder. I just hope the EU store doesn't make us pay for Kane & Lynch.

Treeble - aha, well I did not notice there is no lip movement for Lara (played only SP), I take it back then. Btw, Raziel has no lower jaw, so his cowl can´t move

I have seen the video of those re-used lines for R&K - it is kinda hilarious I must say - for those who know where are those lines used in LOK series. I was hoping that they would record the dialogues normally though since they charge money for it and there are no improved Defiance models either.

When will the packs come to Steam?

I see that the Raziel & Kain Character Pack DLC is available on Xbox Marketplace... for 400 points!! Are you freakin' kidding me?!?! That's too much!! All DLCs should be free. They are not worth paying for...

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    Are you freakin' kidding me?!?! That's too much!! All DLCs should be free
    Not much of a convincing business plan that
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

I am still surprised we got not one, but two free DLC packs. And I thought the packs I paid for were well worth the money, but each to their own I guess.

Thanks for the info regarding Raziel, Raina. I've been flirting with the Legacy of Kain series for about six years now (ever since Crystal earned the Tomb Raider franchise), I plan to play them all eventually.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I think the K&L dialogue is also stock audio (I wouldn't know, as I haven't ever played any K&L or LOK game), I doubt they'd hire the voice actors for all new dialogue in either case for just a crossover add-on content. Still, I thought the lines were reused in fitting manners -- yes, in a somewhat deceiving way, but as a whole, it works.
    Mind quoting a few of Lynch and Kane's dialogs ? ...

I can immediately tell if it is stock audio or not ...

Unless they rehired the voice actors to make a new recording of old lines ... but i really doubt it , since it'll be rather silly ...

By the way i guess none of the swearings are present , shame ...

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    I find it very wrong that the poll asked which pack we wanted first, when it was actually about which one we were willing to pay for.
    Still , i have to say that the marketing guy who had this idea to twist the purpose of a poll was a genius ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heart Seeker View Post
    I just hope the EU store doesn't make us pay for Kane & Lynch.
    Even if they do i doubt we'll get a mob big enough for a riot ...
    The "Kane & Lynch" fanbase is rather ... low , at the moment ...
    And among that fanbase those who would play the Guardian of Light ? almost nonexistant i'm afraid ...

Anywya ...
    The fact that the Raziel and Kain pack is already released in the EU store makes me wonder if we'll ever see the Lynch and Kane pack at all ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Quote Originally Posted by gnrGrievous View Post
    Mind quoting a few of Lynch and Kane's dialogs ? ...

I can immediately tell if it is stock audio or not ...

By the way i guess none of the swearings are present , shame ...
    Well, there is a lot of swearing, everything censored as you'd imagine though. Here is a dialogue transcript of the intro cutscene:

Lynch: F***! Where the hell are we?
    Kane: What the hell is this?
    Lynch: Well, I'll be damned... Hey!
    Xolotl: A new day has dawned, and soon, night will fall on this world for the last time.
    Kane: S***, f***. That old f***** took it!
    Kane: S*** Lynch, what was that? What the f*** was that. I don't f****** believe it.
    Lynch: There has to be a way out...
    Kane: Why don't you try the door?
    Lynch: How? The door is locked, d*******!

The fact that the Raziel and Kain pack is already released in the EU store makes me wonder if we'll ever see the Lynch and Kane pack at all ...
    Fairly sure it will be, yes. The DLCs for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light seem to coming out a bit randomly across all platforms. I imagine the Kane & Lynch pack will be available on the EU PSN next week.

Actually, I think I'll open a topic with release dates for the DLCs on the US PSN and ask people to help gathering the dates and prices for other platforms and regions in a single place. Should come in handy.

They censored K&L? LOL what was the point of adding them if the game has 12+ rating?

Arrow

Well , from this intro cutscene it's all new dialogs that's for sure ...

Except This Line ...

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Kane: S***, f***. That old f* took it!
    That was from Dead Men , the first Kane & Lynch game ...

But since all the other lines in this intro cutscene were 'new' , i suppose they also re-recorded this line while they were at it ...

Depends what the other lines for the rest of the game are ...
    Anywya , i best wait for someone to make a full playthrough of the Guardian of Light with Lynch and Kane and post it on youtube ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    They censored K&L? LOL what was the point of adding them if the game has 12+ rating?
    Well , you know ...

For Kids ! ...

Well , you know ...

For Kids ! ...
    Why adding characters who swear from 18+ game into a game with 12+ rating? I fail to see the logic behind this.

Thumbs Up

Kids playing Tomb Raider with two M-rated protagonists ...
    Kids get intrigued ...
    Making the Kane & Lynch franchise more popular than ever with a swarm of new underage fans ! ...
    Then when the same kids grow up they'll buy the Kane & Lynch games for their eighteenth birthdays ! ...

Marvelous marketing conspiracy we have here ...

Raziel and Kain!

Eidos has been flooding the game market with tomb raider games the past 7 yrs or so. But still no legacy of kain sequel? It boggles my mind why one of the best ever "in my opinion" but it looks like in othe peoples also. Why is it taking so damn long to get a sequel? I am dying to know what happens to kain and raziel. And even worse not even a word on when it might b comming out. LOK is the besy written best narrated most original game series ever. Def in my top 3. A true sequel soon please.

None of the above! I want KURTIS BACK!!! Yall should make a sequel to Angel of Darkness using the same characters and a totally awesome new conflict!

p.s. I cant stand this new Lara
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

well, late to this vote but i am wondering if i paid for the kane & lynch dlc or was it free with a preorder of the game.I know i paid for the LoK dlc & a few others but there was some free stuff cause the PC steam edition had us waiting for the coop to be released.
    Funny thing is i finished the game a few times & never bothered with COOP part till a week ago.

The most important question though is who else do you want to see make the cut?

I get a most unsettling question about these. Will all four characters replace Totec, or can we have mixmatched coop games, like Kain and Kane or Totec and Raziel, as an example?

I have a most unsettling question about these. Will all four characters replace Totec, or can we have mixmatched coop games, like Kain and Kane or Totec and Raziel, as an example?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123