Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which character pack would you like to see first?!

Quote Originally Posted by Escaton View Post
    I don't understand this. Youtube votes, this forum's votes, Twitter votes, unaffiliated forums' votes and independent websites like Joystiq were clearly in Raziel and Kain's favour, not to mention the Facebook page where well over 90% of people voted LoK. It was nice that the question was asked, but what was the point?
    One could assume that they were trying to drum up interest in the LCGoL by creating these polls. In reality they probably already had the release order & dates locked down. Cynical???
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

.... I am out of words.. what was the point of the poll if Eidos does not care what the fans want?

I turned my xbox on and saw that they're charging 400 points for Challenge Pack 3 – A Hazardous Reunion. I wouldn't pay for a LCGoL DLC and this is way overpriced!

For all it's worth, Kane and Lynch are actually rather entertaining. The changes go beyond a new skin for Lara and Totec, there are subtle changes in the cutscenes (even an "all new" intro) and all dialogue is, in fact, replaced with K&L-ish dialogue.

All the more reason to look forward to the Raziel and Kain pack, whenever it comes, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    I turned my xbox on and saw that they're charging 400 points for Challenge Pack 3 – A Hazardous Reunion. I wouldn't pay for a LCGoL DLC and this is way overpriced!
    I must admit, that even as a TR fan, I will personally not be paying for any LCGoL DLC. However, that is the great thing about DLC, it is optional & I fully support the micro-payment approach.

When it comes to DLC, RockStar has shown the way with the 'Undead Nightmare' pack. It is awesome value for money & adds a lot to the Red Dead Redemption experience.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    I agree. There must be a mistake, maybe we should wait till we know what the hell is going on with this DLC.
    signature image

Has anyone actually counted out the votes on Twitter and where ever they were holding the poll? Did Kain & Raziel actually win and are we likely to hear anything regarding the decision and the DLC on these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Heart Seeker View Post
    Has anyone actually counted out the votes on Twitter and where ever they were holding the poll? Did Kain & Raziel actually win and are we likely to hear anything regarding the decision and the DLC on these boards?
    Counting is pretty unnecessary since it's so unanimous. However, OK, let me break some of the opinions down from the major sites, just for clarity. Please keep in mind there is a small margin of error here, since some posts aren't fully clear.

I am not posting the approval from LoK fansites despite substantial support from them all over the place. I would be surprised to hear that any Kane & Lynch fansites exist, but that's my bias for you. Red for Kain support, Purple for Kane.

This thread:
    Comments: 31 in total
    Voters supporting LoK/Raziel & Kain - 15
    Voters supporting Kane & Lynch - 0
    tombraiderforums.com:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=175687
    Voters supporting LoK/Raziel & Kain - 24
    Voters supporting Kane & Lynch - 5
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q...69704413063649
    117 comments in total
    Supporting LoK/Raziel & Kain - 77
    Supporting Kane & Lynch - 8
    Indifferent/irrelevant/ambiguous comments - 32
    Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/#search?q=raziel%20kain (speaks for itself)
    Youtube:
    Kain and Raziel video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPa8ZrFHo
    Views: 52,000
    43 comments
    Comments clearly/directly supporting either the DLC, Legacy of Kain or both: ~21

Kane and Lynch video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQwyvInsG0
    Views: 21,000
    18 comments
    Comments clearly/directly supporting either the DLC, Kane & Lynch or both: ~5
    Joystiq:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/01/ka...ft-and-the-gu/
    The editor clearly supports Kain and Raziel

Poll: 2988 votes
    Supporting Legacy of Kain: 1460 voters
    Supporting Kane & Lynch: 0 (there is not even an option to do so)
    Supporting anyone but Kane & Lynch: 1524 voters

Comments: 28
    Comments clearly/directly supporting Legacy of Kain: ~9
    Comments clearly/directly supporting Kane & Lynch: ~3
    Kotaku:
    http://kotaku.com/5703433/kane-and-l...rdian-of-light
    The editor supports Kane and Lynch "out of curiosity's sake" (?)
    Comments: 58
    Comments clearly/directly supporting Legacy of Kain: ~29
    Comments clearly/directly supporting Kane & Lynch: ~2
    GameSpot:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6284745.html
    109 comments
    Comments clearly/directly supporting Legacy of Kain: ~73
    Comments clearly/directly supporting Kane & Lynch: 0 (though one does mention: "Kane killing monsters with Kain? I'm in.")
    I hope that settles that. Can I also say that if the LoK pack was delayed because it seemed more likely to make money, I don't mind. Actually, I support that, since it clearly implies that Kain & Raziel are worth more as characters, and therefore chances of a new game are increased. I just wish Keir or someone would say so.

Thanks for the clear up. That does look like the final nail in the coffin for that arguement.

I wouldn't mind the idea of them saving Kain & Raziel for last if they added extra skins like Blood Omen Kain or Scion of Balance Kain from Defiance's murals and either Sarafan Raziel or pre-wraith Vampire Raziel (I can dream).

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Quote Originally Posted by Escaton View Post
    I would be surprised to hear that any Kane & Lynch fansites exist, but that's my bias for you.
    For the record , we can pretty much consider the Eidos Forum section for Kane & Lynch as 'the' Kane & Lynch fansite ...

I mean the place is cozy enough for us , so ...

Also for the record , none of the Kane & Lynch fans were aware that such poll for the Guardian of Light character pack existed in the first place ...
    Personally when it was announced a few months pack that this game would be getting character packs with "well-known video game characters" i automatically assumed that one of them would be made for Lynch and Kane ... but i didn't expected that there would even be a poll to see which was going to come out first ...
    And i doubt that the rest of the community actually cared all that much , as when the screenshots for the Lynch and Kane character pack were released , most of them treat it as just being "something funny" ...

Anywya ...
    What i'm also saying is that ... well ... at most there may be only one or two people from the Kane & Lynch community who plays the Guardian of Light ...
    A very 'minor' percentage , essentially ...

Safe to say that releasing Kane & Lynch's character pack first acts as a quick marketing boost , considering how their latest game , Dog Days , came out only a few months back , whereas for Raziel and Kain ... ... well let's not think about it ...

One could also argue that the purpose of the poll was to see just how 'many' Legacy of Kain fans are out there ...
    But i don't see the point in that really , considering how in this very same Eidos forum you could still find these fans ... begging for a new game for years ...

So the poll was installed in so many social network sites just for adding a bit of publicity for the Guardian of Light itself , the poll's result was unimportant ...
    It's somewhat cruel if you think about it , but it happens ...
    Plus , if it really did worked in favor for sales of the Guardian of Light , then ... it's alright i guess ...
    Isn't it ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

It's the exact same case for LoK fans, nobody knew which characters would be added, nor that there would be a poll.

It was definitely for publicity, but I don't buy the idea that the result is unimportant. The entire YOU DECIDE! angle is totally misleading, when we didn't.

Anyway, I'm certain it isn't Keir's fault, and probably has nothing to do with him, but a word about the situation would still be appreciated.

Legacy of Kain!!! and while I'm here making requests, can you guys remake Blood Omen with Soul Reaver-ish game play mechanics on the PS3 and 360? Pleeeeeease?

Just thought you guys would like to know. New USA PlayStation Store update and along comes this...

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – Raziel & Kain Character Pack ($3.49)
    Grab a friend or go at it alone as Kain and Raziel from the Legacy of Kain games. The two iconic characters must work together to defeat a new threat in an unfamiliar world.
    File size: 214 MB
    I'll be getting it as soon as I manage to pry my brother off MtG Duels of the Planeswalkers...

Question

What kind of a discrimination is this ? ...
    Lynch and Kane weren't worthy of having a price tag , but Raziel and Kain deserves one ? t'is outrageous ...

Oh so that's what the consequence of the poll was all about ...
    The point was to see which of the two character pack was the most sought after ...
    So naturally the one who wins the poll also earns itself the right to have a price tag ...

It's only fair , i guess ...

I dunno what to think. Maybe if Eidos see a good number of sales they might have another look at some form of LoK game.

Thanks for the information Treeble. Now, where is the DLC for other platforms and regions?
    I really have no problem with a price tag. I actually think it's good news because it allows the fanbase to show support for LoK in a way that Eidos/SE may actually notice.
    I still would like to hear some official explanation about this poll and it's results.

Rolleyes

Makes sense ...

But common , judge the worthiness of making a new Legacy of Kain by observing the sales of a mere character pack in a download-only Tomb Raider title ? ...

I say that's a bit sloppy ...

We haven't heard anything in seven years. Many are willing to show support in any way possible. So I would say that this is actually a good way to see how many fans are still there after all this time.
    Will it convince Eidos/SE/CD to make a sequel? No - but it will show that there are still people interested in the series.

Wink

Marvelous , people building fan cults and shouting for a sequel in every Legacy of Kain forum isn't convincing enough ...

But the popularity and sales of a character pack ? whoa , now there's some worthy signs of people's interest ...

christ ...

Nah but really , just make no more than a few clicks in this very same Eidos forum and you'll find the people still expressing interest to this franchise ...
    Having to build polls all over the internet just for a statistic result ... man i don't know ...

It's as if posting actual messages in official forums is useless when you put a poll next to it ...

The thing is that money is all that matters in this case. Talking won't change anything. Paying most likely won't either, but it's the most convincing argument. I already said in another thread that Kain and Raziel in the game are the only reason why I will be buying this game.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Kain and Raziel in the game are the only reason why I will be buying this game.
    I have to say that this statement is most convincing ... fact i can even sense a bit of both shivering and admirance as i read it ...

Hell , you fans should just make a brand new poll , asking "Who here is going to buy the Guardian of Light just for the Raziel and Kain character pack?" ...
    And then buy it , of course ...

Quote Originally Posted by gnrGrievous View Post

Oh so that's what the consequence of the poll was all about ...
    The point was to see which of the two character pack was the most sought after ...
    So naturally the one who wins the poll also earns itself the right to have a price tag
    My thoughts exactly. It would be really interesting to know how many of these packs they sell in the first week.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by gnrGrievous View Post
    Marvelous , people building fan cults and shouting for a sequel in every Legacy of Kain forum isn't convincing enough ...

But the popularity and sales of a character pack ? whoa , now there's some worthy signs of people's interest ...

christ ...

Nah but really , just make no more than a few clicks in this very same Eidos forum and you'll find the people still expressing interest to this franchise ...
    Having to build polls all over the internet just for a statistic result ... man i don't know ...

It's as if posting actual messages in official forums is useless when you put a poll next to it ...
    Think of it this way. Money from the general public > a couple of hundred fanboys on a couple of internet forums.

Although I seriously doubt that they would look at the sales of the character pack as good judge, but it's not impossible. Just unlikely. I think someone else may have had the right idea when they said the poll was probably just a ruse to see what one they would get the best money from.

User rabban from NR posted:

"1. kain's mouth does not move.
    2. all the audio so far is stock audio from what i can tell is all the games.
    3. in the opening cinematic kain grunts and sounds like raziel.
    4. the sash/standard and raziel's wings still have collision issues"

so basically the poll was just a disguise for "which character you want to pay for"?...
    why not being straight with us? and why one has to pay for one character pack and not for the other? And not to mention those flaws which I quoted..

And still no Kane & Lynch in the UK PSN store. What gives? They'd already let that one slip onto the US and kept it there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast