Thread: SARIF INDUSTRIES - Human Augmentation & Tech (Real Life)-New: First Head Transplant

SARIF INDUSTRIES - Human Augmentation & Tech (Real Life)-New: First Head Transplant

If it just was real lol this tec will be around in 500 years from what I heard from Scientist Ill be dead by then

Originally Posted by Theshadots
    If it just was real lol this tec will be around in 500 years from what I heard from Scientist Ill be dead by then
    and just think, A lot of historians speculate that we'd be 500-1000 years ahead technologically if the roman empire hadn't fallen. what could have been

Originally Posted by jd10013
    and just think, A lot of historians speculate that we'd be 500-1000 years ahead technologically if the roman empire hadn't fallen. what could have been
    I hate the damn middle ages.

Imagine where we'd be if religions were never created.

I don't know. Religions cause a lot of wars, also. And wars drive technology like nothing else. Look at technology before WWI and after. Then look at technology before and after WWII. Between the two wars, very little change.

Originally Posted by Rindill the Red
    Imagine if aliens came down and gave us all of their technology.

Imagine if God came down and gave us his technology!
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Imagine if anime came to life and gave us its technology.

God creates technology
    God creates man
    God destroys technology
    Man destroys god
    Man creates technology
    Technology destroys man
    Women rule the earth

Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Electronic old women are the future?
    Visits the forum once every six months.

We wouldn't exist in the first place because creating religions was a natural part of our cultural evolution, it's how we came up with ways to explain the world around us. Some 800,000 yrs ago our ancestors would explain thunders as the angry farts of an upset god. An awesome god I must say, if such god farts thunders.

PS: the lightning bolts were episodes of explosive diarrhea.

Originally Posted by VectorM
    Imagine if aliens came down and gave us all of their technology.
    We'd probably be extinct because some half of us don't know how to handle it and decide to blow us all up.

Electronic goldmen.

Yes, alien technology will overload our minds like in Indiana Jones.

I doubt anything would be any different. The reason some historians believe the fall of the empire set us back 500-1000 years is because they were beginning to advance at a very significant pace. it's speculated that if they had been allowed to continue at the pace they were on, they probably would have developed the steam engine in a couple hundred years. and following the pace technology advanced at, that would have had them mastering the atom, developing rockets and space travel around the millennium, and would have hit the information age before 1100.

besides, it was religion in the form of monks in abbey's that preserved much of the art, literature, math, history and science from antiquity. If not for them and the Arabs, most of it probably would have been lost.

Yeah and the monks had good toilets too. Everyone else took a crap in their kitchens.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    God creates technology
    God creates man
    God destroys technology
    Man destroys god
    Man creates technology
    Technology destroys man
    Women rule the earth

Good post but I see it more like:

Man creates God
    Man creates technology
    God destroys technology
    Man destroys God
    Man recreates technology
    Technology enslaves man
    Robots rule the Earth
    Oh you like my handwriting? It's augmented.

Technology creates God.

Yeah, I know.

Originally Posted by Cronstintein
    Thanks happy

Wow, they went to a lot of trouble on this website, it's very pretty in a sterile medical kind of way.
    I agree,it looks fantastic.I'm very impressed with this.It tends to build up promise for HR,(Disclaimer)at least for me.
    If you want to make enemies, dumb something down

Originally Posted by Cronstintein
    Robots rule the Earth
    Nope!
    Old men are the future.
    He never asked for lemon-lime...

Originally Posted by K^2
    I don't know. Religions cause a lot of wars, also. And wars drive technology like nothing else. Look at technology before WWI and after. Then look at technology before and after WWII. Between the two wars, very little change.
    Which ones? There were the crusades, but even that was really just justified by religion, and was really about conflicting cultures, land, and power. There may have been a lot of wars where religion was a factor and was certainly important, but I would hardly say it causes a lot, more like provides extra motivation for a lot. Most wars are driven primarily by greed, imperialism, and desire for power. Religion works its way in in a lot of cases, but let's be honest, it's rarely really the CAUSE.
    Hey.

Has anyone noticed on the concept art for the nano ceramic blade how big it would be in real life...
    i know its only concept art, but they should have a sense of metric systems if they use "nano"
    it stated the blade has dimentions of 10 CM depth 50CM wide but then onle 35 CM long... ... WHAT?!
    i know its only a minor fail and only noticed it becaue i put it in as my background for a research project. but hey , its there. just wanted to point it out to you guys.

^
    Hadn't noticed, no. But my brain hates numbers anyway, so I wouldn't have given the dimensions a second thought...

Then World War III would have happened 200 years earlier and we would now be living in a nuclear wasteland

Originally Posted by VectorM
    Then World War III would have happened 200 years earlier and we would now be living in a nuclear wasteland
    And instead of studying mathemathics to survive, i'd be in a Power Armor, kicking Super Mutants in the genitalia and exploding ghouls with my plasma rifle.

Goddamn you Roman Empire
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Or you would be a tree.

cwutididthar?

Page 5 of 32 First First 12345678915 ... Last