Thread: SARIF INDUSTRIES - Human Augmentation & Tech (Real Life)-New: First Head Transplant

SARIF INDUSTRIES - Human Augmentation & Tech (Real Life)-New: First Head Transplant

Originally Posted by lithos
    Why does an eyeball need a logo on the side?
    competitors ! they're everywhere...

signature image

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    Yeah, you just have to complete the online goatee competency examination. Adam set a standard.
    He sure has!

The website is great! I really like the design of it. I wish more contemporary websites were actually made like that

The hacking mini-game I also think is very good. Compared to the average game's mini-game, I'd give it a 10/10. On dixieflatline's scale of almost-impossibly high-to-meet expectations, I'd give it a 8/10.

Short version of paragraph below: I hope the hacking is a bit more complex in the actual game, with your hacker augs.

By more complex, I mean if the game had certain 'programs' you needed to bust out with a keypress (after finding or buying them in the gameworld) that were needed to disengage specific type of anti-programs (such as different / higher level 'black ice' blobs in the game, or other AI personalities --would be really cool if there was a re-occuring security program that comes to try to stop you some time) then the game would even better. For ex., you buy a red program, and and a magneta program in a shady black market, that you can bust out against certain computers (or randomly) that launch the corresponding anti-program against you, that would be cool.

What would be ultimatley cool IMHO would be 2-6 or so multiple computer AI programs that you come up against in the gameworld, (could be based on different fake anti-viral software packages, or different defense-AI strains) that would change the hacking game mildly.

Nice job EM !

Originally Posted by dixieflatline
    The website is great! I really like the design of it. I wish more contemporary websites were actually made like that

The hacking mini-game I also think is very good. Compared to the average game's mini-game, I'd give it a 10/10. On dixieflatline's scale of almost-impossibly high-to-meet expectations, I'd give it a 8/10.

Short version of paragraph below: I hope the hacking is a bit more complex in the actual game, with your hacker augs.

By more complex, I mean if the game had certain 'programs' you needed to bust out with a keypress (after finding or buying them in the gameworld) that were needed to disengage specific type of anti-programs
    Thats pretty much how its look from the screens and gameplay trailer 2. Not sure about the rest but I'm sure they've got tricks up their sleeves.

Well, that's just great Tbh I haven't checked out those two things. I've had not much to do with games in the last few months.

H.R is definitely the game I look forward to most out of any over the next 6 months or maybe even a year.

Order DX;HR augs from Sarif today.

http://www.sarifindustries.com/en/

EPIC is the word. Good job EM.

Originally Posted by Badmaker
    http://www.sarifindustries.com/en/

EPIC is the word. Good job EM.
    There's already a thread for this, mate. Search function is your friend

in before the merge/lock

Happy thanks for posting this, I notice an aug similar to Ballistic, but I don't remember that in the review, checking the other thread now...

EDIT: Ah, ok they call it Defense aug, which sounds like ADS in DX1, but is actually more like Ballistic.

So we can move Defense aug from Speculated to Confirmed I presume.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Rindill the Red
    Nassif is vastly different from Sarif. But yes, they seem similar... also of note is the concentration on nieces.

Deus Ex had a daughter-father thing going a few times... Savage and Renton.
    i think the name is really funny.

a Sarif is what you call the pokey bits at the ends of a letter, they can add style and function to a type face. so their augmentations are like sarifs for the human body
    you want to make enemies, try explaining something.

That's a serif. The character's name more likely comes from this.

Sharīf (Arabic: شريف‎ /šarīf/) or Chérif is a traditional Arab tribal title given to those who serve as the protector of the tribe and all tribal assets, such as property, wells, and land. In origin, the word is an adjective meaning "noble", "highborn".

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Yes yes. I thought it sounded old middle-eastern, or even biblical. I thought it might have been an angelic species at fist, but I couldn't quite place it.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    I thought it might have been an angelic species at fist, but I couldn't quite place it.
    Most definitely. Individually called a Seraph, Seraphim for plural.

"Literally "burning ones", the word is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew bible, but they are mentioned in the Book of Isaiah as fiery six-winged beings attending on God."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph

The name Sarif and its origins mentioned above are linked to this idea of the Seraph angel: "...The Seraphim belong to the highest order, or angelic choir, of the Christian angelic hierarchy."

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    lols damn lowercase a and e and their 180% difference
    you want to make enemies, try explaining something.

This may sound a bit wierd, but has anyone else noticed similarities between the sarif hand/eye and the hand in the statue of liberty lobby? I think it might be a sort of hidden reference to Sarif giving people liberty in the form of biomechanical augs. Tell me what you think.
    Crap Augmentation: Real time Killing Floor voiceover.

Originally Posted by IdiotInAJeep
    This may sound a bit wierd, but has anyone else noticed similarities between the sarif hand/eye and the hand in the statue of liberty lobby? I think it might be a sort of hidden reference to Sarif giving people liberty in the form of biomechanical augs. Tell me what you think.
    Didn't the statue of liberty lobby just have a terrible looking torch in the middle, no hand?
    Hey.

Originally Posted by 3nails4you
    Didn't the statue of liberty lobby just have a terrible looking torch in the middle, no hand?
    he/she meant Versalife, maybe?

Originally Posted by InGroove2
    he/she meant Versalife, maybe?
    But that was an evil, controlling hand, not a liberty-y hand...I understand what he means about the formation of the hand, and it looks kind of like the grip of the statue of liberty's actual hand, but I think it's more meant to represent the old poses of hands in renaissance paintings, sculptures, etc., representing a new rebirth in humanity and all that.

They're all over the place, that's pretty much how an open hand was painted back then.
    Hey.

Great find!
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

Sorry for the mistake. I didn't check and thought I remembered it being a hand holding a torch. Good comparison to the statue though.
    Crap Augmentation: Real time Killing Floor voiceover.

Very very nice, especially the mini game. not the hardest, but better then anything since the SS2 hacking game. I'm starting to regain hope for this title.

The design on that site is top-notch, in my opinion. I'm getting more stoked the more EM puts out... After lurking the negativity of this thread for ages, it's nice to get some contrast!

Site updated with more languages.
    If the DXHR forums was a real place... then the Dance party would never end

^
    Thanks for this update.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Looks like people were struggling to create the perfect high five through out the centuries.

Can't wait for some more features to be unlocked.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 4 of 32 First First 1234567814 ... Last