Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... Last

Thread: DXHR - WEAPONS & AMMO - Discussion Thread & Q&As

DXHR - WEAPONS & AMMO - Discussion Thread & Q&As

DXHR - WEAPONS & AMMO - Discussion Thread & Q&As

So I did a quick search function but wasn't able to find anything conclusive.

This thread is to talk Deus Ex weapons... anything and everything.

Do we know all of the weapons that will be in DX:HR?

These are the one's I know about so far...

[EDIT]
    Good information here...
    http://www.imfdb.org/w/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution

and here...
    http://www.gamersmint.com/explosive-...apons-revealed
    [/EDIT]

Pistol

Revolver - Diamond Back .357

The Pulsed Energy Projection System (non lethal)

Sub-machine Gun

Assault Rilfe:

Sniper Rifle

The XH11 Crossbow

The Widowmaker TX Shotgun

Grenade Launcher

Rocket Launcher

Laser Rifle

Kaiga 5.56mm M404 Heavy Rifle (minigun)

Remote Explosives

EMP Grenade

Gas Grenade

Two more unnamed grenades:

Likely...

Explosive, incendiary? grenade:

Flash? Smoke? Scrambler? something else entirely?

Mines?:

[EDIT]
    Ah, you know what, these might be batteries for Jensen's augmentations.
    [/EDIT]

Obviously, we don't yet know the stats or specs on the weapons, nor do we know all the available mods, or the different types of ammo.

*Moderator Update*

Originally Posted by Tecman
    There already is one: http://deusex.pl/articles.php?article_id=101 but if we add the DLC info, we get this:

Steiner Bisley Zenith Pistol
    Mustang Ad-Tech .357 Magnum DiamondBack
    Stasiuk Arms XBOW XH2 Crossbow
    Connaught Pulsed Energy Projection System (P.E.P.S.)
    Steiner Bisley FR-27 SFR (Sanction Flechette Rifle)
    Steiner Bisley SS - AP5 Sniper Rifle
    Steiner Bisley Longsword 202 ‘ERaSeR’ Sniper Rifle
    Military Arms of Ostrava Windowmaker TX Shotgun
    Stasiuk Arms Hurricane TMP-18 9mm Machine gun
    Kaiga 5.56 MM M404 Heavy Rifle / Minigun
    Steiner Bisley 329-Series MPRS (Man-Portable Rocket System)
    Steiner Bisley SER.GLSN514MTL Grenade Launcher
    Steiner Bisley Detonator explosives

Grenades: Riot CS, Flashbang, Frag-A M1, M20 Smog, EMP

DLC Weapons:
    Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun
    Steiner Bisley Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed Extreme Range Sniper
    Steiner Bisley Linebacker G-87 MSGL Multi-Shot Grenade Launcher
    Steiner Bisley M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)

You labeled the Submachine Gun as the Assault Rifle. This is the Assault rifle;

You also forgot the Laser Rifle.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

There is another assault rifle (Link 1, Link 2) which is the flechette weapon first seen in the second teaser trailer.

There is also a machine pistol which was dropped by the guard who was killed at the beginning of the second gameplay trailer.

In the first link, the S&M guy on the left is carrying a very large weapon which might be a flamethrower. EDIT: As Irate Iguana pointed out, it's probably the Laser Rifle.

Also, check out the counterweight on the rear of the minigun, weighing 20 kg. It would take a lot of augmentations to wield that weapon!

In Deus Ex, I like to carry a 10mm Pistol, Mini-Crossbow with tranquilizer darts, Assault Rifle, Combat Shotgun, GEP Gun, Dragon-tooth Sword, and Sniper Rifle, which leaves only 4 units spare for consumables. Sometimes I ditch the Sniper Rifle so I can carry grenades and a riot prod which IIRC can be quieter than the Dragon Tooth Sword.

Originally Posted by rokstrombo
    In the first link, the S&M guy on the left is carrying a very large weapon which might be a flamethrower. EDIT: As Irate Iguana pointed out, it's probably the Laser Rifle.
    S&M Guard is actually wielding the Minigun. You can tell by the three barrels and the tube underneath. The laser rifle is an over the shoulder weapon. I'll see if I can grab some screenies from the trailer.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Doesn't look like the minigun at all.

OK, just to restate a point I made earlier: look at the shots of the pistol and SMG in the first person in the OP's post. They look gorgeous, really sexy weapon models.

Why the hell do EM want to partially obscure those with ugly ammo counters? Aaaarrrggghhh!

Anyway, that was just an aside, probably best not to turn this into an "ugly UI" thread. So, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I approve of this thread.

I must say, these are the best designed weapons I have ever seen. They look futuristic and realistic at the same time because most of them are based on real weapons.

I like the pistol most.

What gun is this... Does not look like the mp5.

Originally Posted by Zakka
    I approve of this thread.

I must say, these are the best designed weapons I have ever seen. They look futuristic and realistic at the same time because most of them are based on real weapons.

I like the pistol most.

What gun is this... Does not look like the mp5.
    Early version of the TMP. Or a modded one, the iron sights are different from the images we've seen.

Those screenshots reminded me - have they responded in any way yo the bullet-and-rocket-proof cardboard boxes issue? I mean, just look at that!!! So hilarious "that it [is] almost pathetic." Sorry for the offtop; nice thread.

If you want to make enemies, demand respect while you exhibit none.

Maybe the boxes have metal stuff in it haha

They just didn't want the player searching the level for metal boxes.

They do have some great looking weapons in this game.
    signature image

Originally Posted by H.D.Case
    Those screenshots reminded me - have they responded in any way yo the bullet-and-rocket-proof cardboard boxes issue? I mean, just look at that!!! So hilarious "that it [is] almost pathetic." Sorry for the offtop; nice thread.
    That's what you get when you don't design the game as an immersive sim... a lack of physics based interaction... talk about a few steps backwards.

Oh, and I think the mines might actually be some sort of batteries for Jensen's augmentations (the equivalent of bioenergy cells). They look like they're coils so it might be some sort of capacitor battery (allowing huge expenditures of electricity relatively quickly (which would be needed for some of his augmentation abilities).

Explosions are a funny thing, there was a documentary about WW2 bombing on UK TV recently.

They built an entire street set in WW2, houses both sides. Then started it blowing it up. First with a 50lb bomb, gradually increasing charges until 1000lb bombs were used.

The results were quite startling. Besides the foreshortening in the screenshot, the blast may well being directing somewhere else.
    signature image

It was from the E3 build too, no reason why the boxes wouldn't be made destructible in future builds.

Originally Posted by Rindill the Red
    That's what you get when you don't design the game as an immersive sim... a lack of physics based interaction... talk about a few steps backwards.

Oh, and I think the mines might actually be some sort of batteries for Jensen's augmentations (the equivalent of bioenergy cells). They look like they're coils so it might be some sort of capacitor battery (allowing huge expenditures of electricity relatively quickly (which would be needed for some of his augmentation abilities).
    They are vents not coils. I think there was something about being able to combine mines with the different grenades.

I like all of them, their design is really well thought and they look believable.

Nice thread, actually, this is my style:

I've always liked barbecue, therefore I wonder if the flamethrower will return. As far as I know EM hasn't said anything about that splendid weapon, so we may have a lack of fire this time. Which is really pity...
    Augmented Edition of Human Revolution

I actually never liked the bigger weapons in deus ex 1. If I needed explosives I chose LAMS above the rocket launcher for example.

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Doesn't look like the minigun at all.
    Look closer and you could see two minigun barrels. It's almost like the leather guy has 2 weapons at hand simutaneously and the minigun was somehow consumed by another one.

My style was actually to use only all small weapons (i kept assault rifle or shotgun only in cases when i really fd up my situation) and sniper rifle (all weapons with silencer on if it was allowed). I remember that for example I had never used LAW or GEP in the first game until i just shot those weapons for the first time maybe in my 5th playthrough and i did that just for fun to see how it actually works. So still i have never seen any need to stick to those big guns when LAMs actually worked on any heavy armor enemy really well.

I like the models of DXHR weapons but i fear that most likely my approach using them will be the same as in the first game. Those big guns just isn't my style. My style is sneaky/slow paced and lethal weapons are used only if this is really the last resort to solve the problem or i just screwed my stealth situation by alerting enemies.

I'm also really liking the weapons we've seen so far in DXHR. My only gripe is how they've made the ammo counter appear on your gun, looks really intrusive. :/

But, in DX1 I usually ran with a heavily upgraded Sniper & Assault Rifle, mixed up with some Dragon's Tooth.
    I like to mix stealth with assault, depending on the situation and enemies, I'd usually sneak around with the sniper, but bust out the AR when things got heated.

This time around I'm thinking I'll mainly run with the Sniper and SMG, and mix in the Shotgun/Revolver from time to time. But we'll see, looks good though.

Miniguns are absolutely impossible to exist in a first person shooter.

Since they have extremely high rate of fire, they need a lot of ammo, and its just impossible for a human to carry that much ammo. Also, it weights too much and the recoil is insane.

So it would take like, 80% of Jensen's weight capability just to carry a minigun + its ammo.

I'd like something more lightweight such as a "futuristic" version of a m249 SAWS, which is fairly heavy but not that much.

Now, to the OP.

Where did you saw it mentioning a Sniper Rifle? I thought it was all about the crossbow

EDIT:

Oh, sorry, my computer went nuts and didnt loaded the pictures. Now i see the sniper rifle. D'uh
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Miniguns are absolutely impossible to exist in a first person shooter.

Since they have extremely high rate of fire, they need a lot of ammo, and its just impossible for a human to carry that much ammo. Also, it weights too much and the recoil is insane.
    So, minigun can't possibly exist in a video game because it's too impractical to be used by infantry in real life?

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... Last