Thread: SaGa Series

SaGa Series

so, i played final fantasy legends 1, 2, and 3 when i was a kid. i still play them to this day.

a few years ago they remade these games for the DS. when i heard about it, i was super excited.
    i LOVED these games. i still do

yet, its 2013, and theres still no official word of these games being released outside of japan, although the general consensus is that SE said ' you' to thier non-japanese fans and will not be releasing them.

why is this? i personally know of hundreds of people who would march to the nearest gamestop/walmart/local video game store and purchase each fo these games. and those people know even more people who would do the same.

there is no logical reason for SE to NOT release these games to europe and the US, and there's a metric ****ton of money to be made doing it.

why are the ignoring the massive profit to be made just to spite non-japanese players?

this kind of behavior has been going on for far too long, and i for one am getting sick of it.

i WANT to buy these games. i'll gladly pay 40-60 dollars for a copy of each in english. but no, i have to resort to downloading a patched version of each game off the internet, taking money and profit AWAY from SE simply because they're being stubborn and honestly, bigotted

SaGa 1 was not remade for Nintendo DS, only 2 & 3 were. But it got a 2D remake for WonderSwan Color.

This thread does not belong in the [General Discussion] forum, but in the [Other Game Series] forum.

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[Saga 2 and Saga 3 (NDS)]

Square Enix could retranslate the original GB versions and put them on the 3DS eshop

Square Enix could retranslate the original GB versions and release them on the 3DS eshop

Square Enix please put Saga Frontier and Saga Frontier 2
    on the Northe American PlayStation Network
    Seriously why the hell have you not done this yet?

Square Enix, if you are not going to release these two in North America, let another company do it

Saga Frontier is one of my all time favorite games ever. I think I may have cried blood when I first discovered that it was available in Japan on PSN but not in the USA. This is something that seriously needs to be rectified.

I still have my original discs but they should definitely be available to new players...just putting them on PSN will make people look at them and try them out.

I would love for them to release the SAGA series on PSN as PSOne Classics. Though, honestly, I much prefer them to also release Unlimited Saga as a PS2 Classic if it isn't going cause financial problems. Though with the loss of assets for KH and why it had to be rebuilt for the HD remake, I'm not sure if they even still have a way to make Unlimited Saga on PSN a reality.

Yea, both of them are already in English, why the hell won't they put these two up on PSN

SQUARE ENIX HOW ABOUT YOU RESPOND TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

There are a lot of PS One Classics I'm waiting on from Square that are already on the JP PSN.

Einhander, Ehrgeiz, Brave Fencer Musashi...

I wonder why they're so hesitant/slow to release them in the west.

Please release these two Classics on PSN in NA
    Square Enix these two games are way better then Final Fantasy XIV
    Stop screwing around!

Emperors SaGa

Headed for the mobage platform.

Emperors SaGa

Now available from d game and mobage.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Nov 2013 at 10:10.

Square Enix to celebrate Final Fantasy Legend 25th Anniversary with new announcement
    (Siliconera)
    – “December of 2014 will be 25 years since the birth of the SaGa series,” says director Akitoshi Kawazu. “With that in mind, we’re making various preparations.”

Romancing SaGa 2 brings the bard back to Wii U this month
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix is re-releasing the Super Famicom game Romancing SaGa 2 as a Wii U Virtual Console download in Japan.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Romancing SaGa 2 brings the bard back to Wii U this month
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix is re-releasing the Super Famicom game Romancing SaGa 2 as a Wii U Virtual Console download in Japan.

Finally something from Square Enix USA about the Saga series and no announcement about the NA PSN Store getting either of the Saga Frontier games?!

COME ON ALREADY!!!!

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Square Enix to celebrate Final Fantasy Legend 25th Anniversary with new announcement
    (Siliconera)
    – “December of 2014 will be 25 years since the birth of the SaGa series,” says director Akitoshi Kawazu. “With that in mind, we’re making various preparations.”
    and this, I bet whatever Saga game is created for the 25th Anniversary won't be released outside Japan...

SaGa creator hopes to announce a new game in the next two years
    (Siliconera)
    ― during a recent live concert by Kenji Ito, known for composing tracks for the Mana and SaGa games, SaGa creator Akitoshi Kawazu discussed the series’ future.

Square Enix’s SaGa franchise gets a 25th Anniversary website
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix have erected a 25th anniversary website for the SaGa franchise.

Romancing SaGa 3, the JRPG with a playable snowman, is coming to Wii U
    (Siliconera)
    Square Enix is keen on re-releasing all of the Romancing Saga games for Wii U Virtual Console. ― Romancing SaGa 3 is scheduled for February 26 and it’s bringing the Death Eclipse to Nintendo’s new console.

Square Enix’s SaGa teaser was for an event in Japan’s Saga prefecture
    ― the Romancing Saga event’s goal is to show off the rich culture and charm of the rural prefecture, Saga, where the event will be showcasing traditional crafts and other known products from Saga… but with a SaGa twist.
    http://romasaga.jp/

SaGa-themed food.

Traditional porcelain plates.
    (Gamer)

Please translate the three Romancing Saga games and put them on the NA Wii U eshop and put Saga Frontier and Saga Frontier 2 on the NA PSN Store

Both Saga Frontier games are already in English so I don't see why it's so difficult for Square Enix to put them on NA PSN
    It took you guys three years after Japan's PSN Store got Xenogears to put it on the NA PSN Store

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last