Thread: The Dark Knight Rises News/Info Thread

The Dark Knight Rises News/Info Thread

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Batman & Robin didn't tank because it was aiming for a comedic approach, it tanked because it was fast produced rushed work from the studio. You can easily make a succesful Batman comedy and turn it into a working business model for the Batman movie franchise.
    If they make a batman comedy, I will not see it

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-rises-in-asia

Interesting. Any speculation as to why he's doing so?

Exclamation The Dark Knight Rises-SCRIPT LEAKED?!

Hey guys check out this article:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE0ayaxsD0o327

Looks like someone (Warner Bros?) leaked part of Nolan's script online and then pulled it. It confirms Hugo Strange as a villain in the film like we all thought. Really exciting stuff if it's true. We're looking at an epic end to this Batman trilogy!

UPDATE: Leak was a false alert...no real villain info has hit the interwebs
    Beware of the Knight.

Originally Posted by Rareless09
    Hey guys check out this article:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE0ayaxsD0o327

Looks like someone (Warner Bros?) leaked part of Nolan's script online and then pulled it. It confirms Hugo Strange as a villain in the film like we all thought. Really exciting stuff if it's true. We're looking at an epic end to this Batman trilogy!
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-D...ked-22242.html

Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    Yeah I figured that out after reading a longer summary of the original leak. A 256 page script? LOL Not to mention that putting both the Bat Jet and Bat Copter in the same movie would be redundant. Just a ludicrous hoax.

Oh well, I guess we wait then

EDIT: If anyone wants to find the source of this wild rumor check here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=345130

It's quite an amusing read, lol. If only someone with more wits had tried it...
    Beware of the Knight.

Anne Hathaway Confirms TDKR Competition
    Anne Hathaway admits there is ''competition'' for a leading role in Christopher Nolan's forthcoming Batman movie but refuses to confirm any further details.

The 'Love & Other Drugs' actress is believed to be in competition with a number of stars for a leading female role in the movie, including Natalia Portman, Keira Knightley and Blake Lively, and she has confirmed there is a possibility she could be in the forthcoming Christopher Nolan-directed Batman movie.

Asked if she felt she was competing for the big roles, with 'The Dark Knight Rises' in particular, she told Deadline.com: "Of course, but that has always been the case. There is always competition. I don't know how to answer that question, it feels too revealing, somehow."

Anne has been linked to a number of leading roles in superhero films in the past, including the since-scrapped 'Spider-Man 4' directed by Sam Raimi and a forthcoming 'Superman' movie, although the latter has not been confirmed.

Discussing her previous movies, Anne confesses her turn as a journalist in 'Devil Wears Prada' alongside Meryl Streep was a tough one as she didn't feel like she "belonged" on the set.
    She said: "I never felt like I belonged on 'Devil'. I remember that the best I felt on that movie came where I got out of Meryl's way with a little bit of grace. But I never felt in any way like I went toe-to-toe or held my own. It was about trying to just be there, and know when to get out of Meryl's way."

ContactMusic.com
    Source:http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.ph...t=1121&start=0

I have faith nolan knows best
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Batman The Trailer Hunter
    I have faith nolan knows best
    Indeed. If re-made by him, BATMAN AND FRIGGIN' ROBIN would be brilliant.

Nolan,you magnificent bastard.

I like Anne, but I'd much rather see Portman.

I don't ever remember anything being leaked out from Nolan's films he knows how to keep a tight lid on things, look how well he kept the Joker's look a secret and anyone could easily get a picture of him on set but they couldn't. So i highly doubt anything as major as a script and such would get leaked out.

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    If re-made by him, BATMAN AND FRIGGIN' ROBIN would be brilliant.
    Yes it would.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

Originally Posted by KnightHero
    Yes it would.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I like Anne, but I'd much rather see Portman.
    We already stole Ryan from Marvel, im sure we can get her too

Originally Posted by Batman The Trailer Hunter
    We already stole Ryan from Marvel, im sure we can get her too
    DC had her first.

Will Natalie Portman=Harley Quinn?

Something tells me this film will be more "Batman Begins" than "The Dark Knight" in terms of exploring the idea of Batman and the journey to becoming a hero in Gotham again.
    Beware of the Knight.

Harley isnt really important outside of Dini's animated series and video games

Something tells me this film will be more "Batman Begins" than "The Dark Knight" in terms of exploring the idea of Batman and the journey to becoming a hero in Gotham again.
    What? Since Rachael is dead Bruce can now focus on being Batman without having to worry about hurting anyone he knows. I think we will get to see what Batman is really made of.

Originally Posted by Doat1
    What? Since Rachael is dead Bruce can now focus on being Batman without having to worry about hurting anyone he knows. I think we will get to see what Batman is really made of.
    Even though alfred is still to be considered,I agree with you.

Originally Posted by thedarknight2016
    Even though alfred is still to be considered,I agree with you.
    It's funny you guys mention this..
    I really want them to show everybody that Alfred is a total badass.

Thomas Elliot would be a cool addition. Tom Hardy could pull him off.
    Originally Posted by Damian Wayne
    Don't patronize me or I'll break your face.

Originally Posted by Doat1
    Yeah but they are going to give him a new love interest. The "Rises" part of the title implies that Batman will establish himself as a hero to the public after ending TDK as a villain on the run.

In other words, Bruce lived long enough to become the villain, but will somehow redeem the reputation of Batman. It would take the story of the trilogy full circle. OR it could mean that Batman will literally rise, like from an injury in Knightfall. Hmm...

I'm still on alert about a Harley Quinn appearance. Once I heard that they were casting a separate female, one as the love interest and one as the villain, I ruled out Catwoman and Talia. Poison Ivy and Harley are female characters that are strictly villains, I think Harley is more likely

EDIT: Whoops, scratch Natalie Portman, they say she's expecting
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....oreographer-ap
    Beware of the Knight.

I'm gonna say that's fake. It's good, but I just don't think Christopher Nolan/David Goyer would leave a script lying around.
    Christopher Nolan is pretty good at keep thing low profile.. I think.
    Originally Posted by Damian Wayne
    Don't patronize me or I'll break your face.

yea any news like that is just absurd, there is no way Nolan would let anything leak out especially a script.

its pretty convincing for a fake ... but I'll go with the concensus that this prob isn't real ... most folk know Nolan is notorious for secrecy and keeping things under wraps

plot-wise, it's not too shabby ... although my concern is that it'll do a Spiderman 3 and try to cram too much in ... 5 villains, apparently?

Page 3 of 36 First First 123456713 ... Last