Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A TOMB RAIDER Discussion for Square Enix fans

A TOMB RAIDER Discussion for Square Enix fans

For everyone who's a long-time fan of traditional Square or Enix or Square Enix franchises, we take the idea of TOMB RAIDER to you. It's been a few years since we've acquired the title and the development around it, and with the upcoming TOMB RAIDER in March, we want your perspective on our growing titles.

Likewise we've prepared a Square Enix Members article to discuss the similarities and direction for the new TOMB RAIDER in the hopes that you'll give it a second look.

Let us know below what your impressions are on the upcoming release of TOMB RAIDER and what key moments your favorite franchise has brought you that you hope to see in our upcoming titles and newly acquired franchises.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 2nd Dec 2014 at 13:37.

Its been a while since I've played a tomb raider game and this one has me as excited as the first one, I really cant wait to play it it looks so amazing and the game plqy looks simply incredible. I just want to share that with everyone, and show hope that even the old tomb raider players might all come back if they had list interest at some point in the game

Hey, I have a youtube channel and i was wondering if i can upload early content of tomb raider, can i do a review and gamplay?

Thanks

[Licensing]

[Please direct licensing inquiries related to all Square Enix properties to na.licensing@square-enix.com. Due to the volume of inquiries received, please note that we may not be able to respond directly to each inquiry. Additionally, requests for YouTube and other website usage permissions will not be addressed via this email address. Thank you for your understanding.]

I would suggest that you send Robert Peeler, our Community Manager, a message. However, keep in mind that he receives countless of similar requests every day, so be patient.

No impressions or FF/KH fans who might be interested in Tomb Raider?

good multiplayer but come on it's 2013, where's the party system lol

Hi just got the game today went in to the page www.tombraider.com/huntgme entered the code went thourgh the facebook photo etc.. thing then when i go to enter my code again about 20 times it says it cannot upload try again so like i said 20 times not to exagerate didn't get anywhere got email from the page and the account verify for SEnix but no code went i sent a ticket # for calim is 2101134 just in case writing it here, thanks to any attention to this matter THANKS!!!

I have the same problem.

I bought the collectors edition

survival edition, and I have played since the first time I complete the download

When I attempt to link my Square Enix and Xbox 360 accounts via Tomb Raider, the e-mail I receive redirects me to the European version of the member's site, despite the fact I live in North America. Browsing the North American member's site, I don't even see any options for linking your ID to a console, like there are on the European site. Is this a glitch? Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

I have the same problem as well. It's annoying because Tomb Raider takes even longer to load up than its already long load just to tell me that it's not linked.

SquareEnix has done it again, it would seem. After playing such gems like Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, I didn't think anything could top them, or even equal them.

I purchased Tomb Raider for my PC not expecting much. Perhaps just a few hours to kill a boring day. I didn't read much about the game, I didn't watch every trailer, I didn't wait with baited breath for the release, although I was interested. If I had known what I was in for, I may have been just like any other fanboy of this amazing series. Excited, giddy with anticipation, apprehensive about certain elements that were removed or added. But over all, looking forward to the release of the game.

The detail of the opening cut scene was amazing. AMAZING. It felt like I was watching a cinematic movie. Perhaps something like Final Fantasy: Advent Children, the animation and detail are THAT good. (Coming from a man who plays this game on 'Normal' settings, THAT says something.) Boredom instantly killed at the ensuring chaos with the ship, I settled back with my laptop and watched events unfold, my interest growing more.

Right away, my stance was, 'Poor Lara!' Throughout the entire game, she is constantly abused by both enemies and elements. Her welcome to the island is a blow to the head and stuffed in a large sack overlooking a pit. Of course, being Lara, she escapes and falls into said pit.. Right into a metal prong that, of course, impales her in the side. She isn't the hardened Lara you know from the original series, shrugging off injuries, fearless. And the death scenes? Amazing. Yes, there are the falls that we are all used to. But have you ever seen Lara crushed by a boulder without it filming her reaction? The panic in her face as her life leaves her? Or what about when her throat is skewered by a sharp spear-type contraption during a River Slide? Or when she's impaled by a tree-branch? She doesn't immediately die. You get to watch her panic, her fear, her struggling even when she knows she's doomed, and finally watch as her eyes close and you reload the game.

This is a 21-year-old girl, perhaps never having to face such dangers in her cloistered life at a University. You could see the pain in her face, hear it in the way she breathes, see it as she limps from one place to the next. She is clearly suffering, and she continues to until she reaches her first pitfall. The Lara we all know and love would scoff at such and cross it blindfolded. But our new Lara isn't skilled enough to do so. She's terrified. But she does it anyway. Perhaps she feels some sense of accomplishment.

During the events in this game, you can truly sympathize with Lara's character. You can see the pain and unease in her features, the discomfort as she shivers in a storm, trying to start a fire, you can hear the panic in her voice many times during the game, such as when she see's something that distresses her or when she has to fight her way to a helicopter, clutching her side, in dire need of first aid, her exhalation of 'No..' or the s-word makes you realise that this girl doesn't know if she's about to meet the maker. She isn't a hardened adventurer, she is forced to adapt to her surroundings. Not because she wants to. But because she has to. In order to save her friends, to save herself, to go home.

As the game progresses, as Lara becomes an accomplished killer, you can see some of her moxie coming to the surface. For example, in one scene after a particularly challenging fight against a mook with a metallic shield, you hear the other mooks opinion of this, and Lara's response.

Mook 1: 'Holy S**t! She's still alive!!
    Lara (In a voice rich with confidence, maybe a touch of egocentric bravado) 'Yes! Still Alive!'

Before she proceeds to wipe the floor with said mook.

As the game progresses, she becomes more and more hardened, but she doesn't lose that fearful edge. When she nearly walks into enemy ambushes, she has to verbally tell herself to be silent by whispering, 'Shh'. When she's in a trap and has already killed one enemy, naturally, her breath will be rapid. As it starts to slow down, the bushes rattle. Then you hear her breathing speed up as she waits to see what will emerge.

All of these things, and so much more add to the realism that I've always needed from a Lara Croft game. I needed to see a solo woman who, although brave and courageous, also has a capacity for fear and panic as the times call for it.

This game was absolutely amazing, splendid, a sure-win for GOTY 2013. I only hope that the creators of this masterpiece read and take pride in the praise and rave reviews they receive and celebrate such a well-earned victory.

Thank you, SquareEnix, for making me realise that perhaps you can't top games like Star Ocean or Kingdom Hearts. But you can equal them in an age where Masterfully-made games are a rarity. Thank you or justifying the reasons I've been a devout and dedicated fan from the start.

Ohhh.. Hell. Apologies, this belongs in the Product Discussion, doesn't it?

There is no need to apologize. You can easily have your thread moved to the appropriate forum by reporting it to the moderators.

Submit a report of your issue to [Tomb Raider Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

Thank you. I'll do just that!

Was just wondering if I was the only one who had this happen to them.

Same deal...

My tomb raider is linked to the European website.

Is there a way to unlink?

I suspect it's one of those back end issues they'll just have to fix in due course. I honestly didn't notice the issue until I was registering my game and simultaneously read this topic in the user account area while realizing that all of the information I had entered in on the account I created for my Xbox was missing.

In any event, assuming Sq-Enix is tracking this issue add my name to the list of people affected. My game currently thinks it's registered/linked properly but to an EU account it appears. In the mean time I've setup this account and registered my game via the leaflet instructions included with my game.

In all honesty I'm more concerned about the Scavenger Hunt DLC that is not currently working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmidas81
    Was just wondering if I was the only one who had this happen to them.

Same deal...

My tomb raider is linked to the European website.

Is there a way to unlink?
    if you follow the link in the e-mail that allowed you to link them the first time, it should now take you a page where you can unlink them.

i cant progress through the game because of this glitch the rope ascender pulls the crane but not the object that is needed to drop through the ship im stuck and cant move forward ive tried resetting the game but nothing works please help

Submit a report of your issue to [Tomb Raider Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

thanks this is the first time ive ever had to do this for a game it freakin sucks

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast