View Poll Results: Five hours long , and it's not that a big deal , what do you think ? ...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you serious ? ...

3 21.43%
  • Agreed , it's better that way ...

3 21.43%
  • No really , old arcade games weren't that long anywya , and yet they were ace ! ...

1 7.14%
  • NO ! NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Don't encourage them !!!! ...

2 14.29%
  • Alright if you put it that way ... but these five hours weren't good enough ! ...

5 35.71%
  • Who said this game was short ? ...

1 7.14%
  • I think it's just a pricing problem , otherwise it's all good ...

3 21.43%
  • The fact that it's five hours long isn't The Issue ...

7 50.00%
  • *looks at topic* This is a new trick , ain't it ? ...

2 14.29%
  • This industry just likes to discriminate Kane & Lynch , nothing we can do ...

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Know what? it's actually not a bad thing that the campaign is only five hours long...

Know what? it's actually not a bad thing that the campaign is only five hours long...

Exclamation

That's a *** lie ! he must be Jens Peter Kurup , he must be ! ...

Oh god no , why are you doing this to me oh goddamn you god Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! ... no ...

Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

You just...spoiled whole LIFE.

Thumbs Down I hate useless DLCs

Dog Days original release date was August 27 .(24 in North America)
    But it was releasing one week early.
    Niels Jørgensen: “The team has worked hard to deliver a game that’s different from the current trend of third-person shooters and we’re so pleased to be able to share it with the world ahead of schedule. With development now complete, why keep people waiting any longer? We want to let gamers experience the game we’ve created and get them online betraying their friends in Fragile Alliance, so we have decided to bring the release date forward by one week.”
    Then they released three DLCs on August 31.

So if they released Dog Days on original release date, maybe we won't see these DLCs.

I never understood the whole release games early thing. There is no such thing as a bug free game, and all games could use a little more time. I wonder if they were just sick of it?

Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    1) You are assuming they were but is that an established fact?

2) Even if they were, so what? Are you entitled to all the french fries in the vat at McDonald's just because they are ready when your box is served to you? McDonald's decides how many fries go into each box and how much they will sell it for. You are free to buy or to pass.
    Answer the bloody question.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Wink

Originally Posted by jam13
    Dog Days original release date was August 27 .(24 in North America)
    But it was releasing one week early.

Then they released three DLCs on August 31.

So if they released Dog Days on original release date, maybe we won't see these DLCs.
    And thus spoke Zarathustra ...

Now all we need is a film adaptation ...

Originally Posted by BigBoss
    I never understood the whole release games early thing. There is no such thing as a bug free game, and all games could use a little more time. I wonder if they were just sick of it?
    Then it that case they shouldn't act all surprised when the metacritic score shows 63 , and then blaming reviewers who "didn't get it" ...

Who knows , maybe the third game will have ten years of development time ...

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Tu n'a pas encore comprit ? il faut lui payer ! ...

Même la vérité n'est pas choses gratuite dans ce monde ... ... hélas ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Tu n'a pas encore comprit ? il faut lui payer ! ...
    Bien sûr! Mais comment ai-je pu être aussi bête... lolz
    Non, sérieusement. J'en ai marre qu'ils se foutent de ma gueule. Toute cette histoire de DLC & ULC (en general) est une gigantesque escroquerie et ils le savent! Nous le savons tous. Seulement, ils ne veulent pas l'admettre.

Kane and Lynch is the scapegoat of gaming. CoD repetive? Blame Kane and Lynch.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Oh.... so that's your angle now. I guess you're out of arguments then.

You can think what you want about the DLCs. Like I said: we are going in circles now and I just don't feel as strongly about it as you do.
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Yes that is my angle because this is the second time you evade my original question. First you have no problem advocating the DLC & ULC decisions but when it boils down to a simple question, I get no answer.

So I'll take that as a yes and since I never was the 'If you can't beat them, join them'-type I'll repeat what I've said previously: That's how arseholes get away with being arseholes.

You're not only screwing over gamers but fans, yourselves and your product.

Yes that is my angle because this is the second time you evade my original question.
    Look, you can think what you want. I'm not going to follow your red herring away from the original argument, which I've lost interest in anyway.

I'll take over for intern in this debate because I fully agree with him in his logic. What was your initial question that he is "dodging"? I can't seem to find it and I reread the forum twice.

The question was: were the DLC finished when the rest of the game shipped? Careful though: if you can't answer this question, you will immediately be dismissed as a shill.

...come to think of it: he probably already assumes that since you might not 100% agree with him on the issue of DLCs.

if you can't answer this question, you will immediately be dismissed as a shill.
    It's fine if one can't answer a question. It's when someone won't answer a question that I smell bullshit.

Und what others think of this debate is of no importance to me.

NOTE: I truly hope you realize that I'm not trying to pick a fight and that I have nothing against you personally. Even if I was dealing with Lund himself, I would ask the same questions.

I would ask Lund who's wise idea it was to let a real gorilla into the studio in first place.

Big Grin

Remember folks ...

There is a reason why Jesper Kyd didn't work on Dog Days ...

The question was: were the DLC finished when the rest of the game shipped? Careful though: if you can't answer this question, you will immediately be dismissed as a shill.

...come to think of it: he probably already assumes that since you might not 100% agree with him on the issue of DLCs.
    Hmm......well I can't seem to find a solid source source that confirms or denies this, so the next approach is to compare it to other games in the same situation. The force unleashed 2 had locked content that was uncovered days after on the disc, so if someone did the same with kal2, i'd bet my money you would see it there. Also, the fact that the dlc came out 4 days after release is strange. If it wasn't ready by ship date, that means that they built 3 mp levels in 4 days which means that the other 6 were done in 8.....I doubt they spent 2-3 years making the campaign if it was that short(again other games of this length like reach or modern warfare 2 devote more resources to mp). So my guess they were done with them at shipping. I don't see how this relates to what intern said about people not being entitled to them though.

BigBoss, games get finished way before release date, it's called gold, and from that moment to actual release there's enought time to add things. But I believe that it was all ready before gold too, it's all planned ahead of time.

Anyway, Jack I'm quite dissapointed, you said you didn't want to start a flame war but I see you got back on your word.
    Since you like so much the yes/no question, let me ask you one: Since you believe that you aren't a "If you can't beat them, join them'-type" and your repeated thesis against DLC wich for you are an insult for consumers, when you then go on and actually buy the said DLC, isn't it a contraddiction with what you believe?

If you do believe it is, why you keep on telling us it's wrong, then when you're actually asked to ack on your belief you support such practice?

If you don't believe it is, you should know that by buying the DLC you are actually supporting "such poor business decisions" and so with your own actions you let "arseholes get away with being arseholes".

In other words, action speak louder than words, if you want to come here and show us how good is your moral, you might want to put it in practice in the first place

You're actually right, Uhuh. Except here I'm dealing with, supposedly, someone who apparently knows more than I do and is in a position to give me the answers many of us are looking for.

To answer your questions: yes it is, in a way, a contradiction. I want to experience my games at their fullest. Don't we all?
    I had pre-ordered Dog Days, got Radio Tower with it, some weapons and the masks. Two maps were still missing so I wanted them. I'm happy with the maps, that's not the issue.
    What I'm trying to say here is that it was unnecessary for it to have been DLC. Since they were ready before the game shipped, which is probably the case, why not include them and give the gamers more bang for their buck?

I would've shut my mouth if they would've added, let's say next year, 9 more maps on top of the ones we already own.

You see, I'm fine with DLC when it's handled well. For example, Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2. Worth buying because there you get a quality product and a rather lengthy story-driven experience.
    I'm fine with buying Gears of War 2's All Fronts Collection because those maps are pretty good and are actually still played today.

I guess I'm also a bit pissed off at the fact that nobody's playing the Doggie Bag and, if you'd see my games list, I'm sure you'll understand how annoying it is for a completionist to be unable to complete his games.

That comment I made about arseholes getting away with being arseholes is more about the weapons being held for ransom. I would never buy those seperately, luckily their unlock code came in the Doggie Bag.

Rolleyes

I kind of looked at this way ...

Had Dog Man Not bought the DLC , he will be regarded as a angry troll who just starts flaming discussions ...
    But since he did bought the DLCs , then all his complaints is also regarded as being childish , since he ought to know what he had bought/contribute to in the first place ...

Damn if you damn if you don't ...

Trophies unlocked, Charlie. Don't worry, my word is as good as a trophy patch.

Unhappy

Marvelous , at least we have that much in this god forsaken world ...

Now that'll be 800MSP, please.

[QUOTE=JackGordon;1526797]I guess I'm also a bit pissed off at the fact that nobody's playing the Doggie Bag and, if you'd see my games list, I'm sure you'll understand how annoying it is for a completionist to be unable to complete his games.
    QUOTE]

Since people here are far too emotional for an actual debate on dlc, i'm just going to talk about this quote instead. This REALLY gets me too, because I don't think buying 3 new maps in any game is worth it, be it reach, mw2, or whatever so I never have. I might reconsider if I actually had the 1000 in this game but sadly, there are achivements in modes that I simply can't play from lack of interest in other people, something which I have no control of. If no one is playing the basic cops and robbers, I doubt my chances are better let alone worse with some dlc. (I complained about this in my other thread, but oh well)

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last