Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Green Lantern Movie

Green Lantern Movie

Green Arrow > Green Lantern
    I wonder where Batman keeps his Batarangs. Probable not in his utility belt. They might cut off something important.

I knew it was gonna be an Iron Man clone, so disappointing :/
    Hal is played all wrong and Blake Lively was terrible
    Sinestro looked amazing though.
    You've all got it wrong, it's 'I couldn't care less' not 'I could care less'.

I had already posted this
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

That was bloody awesome. And guys, let's not judge from a two and a half minute trailer.

Originally Posted by The New Blueguy
    That was bloody awesome. And guys, let's not judge from a two and a half minute trailer.
    Yeah, sorry, but a trailer's entire purpose is to show off the movie and make it as appealing as possible. When they fail at that then you know you have a stinker on your hands.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Meh.

Iron Man in green tights.
    More like Iron Man in green CGI suit, because it looks ALIEN lol

Yeah, the attention to the detail of the universe stuff, like the aliens and such, is great. The same ol' irresponsible "average guy" (because apparently all guys are irresponsible frat boys in Hollywood's eyes) gets the ultimate power and has to learn to use it responsibly angle is just wearing more than a bit thin. Hal Jordon wasn't portrayed as that in anything I've seen on him, either.

And I agree: a trailer's job is to sell the film to people using the best of the movie, basically. If it doesn't work, then you have a major problem.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Meh.

Iron Man in green tights.
    Yeah, the Hal Jordan personality has been Tony Stark-ized.

The overall graphics of the movie looks good, the characters (barring the fact they changed some bits of Jordan's character) are pretty good, they look faithful too. I only have trouble with the suit. I don't really see Green Lantern by looking at him.

I don't know about you guys, but I thought it looked pretty epic.

Those characters look alright because they're wholly alien. The CGI doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, whereas with Reynolds.... Yeah.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

They still have, what, eight months left of post-production? It's a work in progress and IMO looks good so far.

Beside i bet less than half the screentime will be on earth so you wont have to worry that much about the bad actinbg humans

The trailer was amazing, even better than expected. The suit also looks a lot more faithful than when it was first revealed. VERY EXCITING!

Here is a link to the 1080p quicktime trailer. Better than watching it on YouTube.
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/greenlantern/

I love that 2nd song in the trailer (when it goes to space) anyone have any clues on what that is? Hopefully its part of the original score for the movie!
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

Mask looks better here!

When we first saw the GL costume i was really worried it was goingt to be purely green, but now when we see the costumes in Green Lanterns it's pretty great. Ryan Reynolds is playing himself, but the dialogue feels like Geoff Johns. Musical score seemed kinda decent. I'm excited.

Drazar: I'm pretty sure that's not the music from the actual film. I've heard it in several other trailers. It's a place-holder, considering that the movie is roughly eight months away from release.

I thought the trailer was pretty awesome, I don't see why you guys are hating on it.
    In my opinion, the worst part was the "I KNOW, RIGHT?!" part. The CGI looks TERRIBLE there, he looks like some Toy Story Character with a human head.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

Originally Posted by KnightHero
    I thought the trailer was pretty awesome, I don't see why you guys are hating on it.
    In my opinion, the worst part was the "I KNOW, RIGHT?!" part. The CGI looks TERRIBLE there, he looks like some Toy Story Character with a human head.
    The biggest problem I have with it is that Hal is all wrong.
    It'd be okay for Kyle, maybe even Guy(that's still a stretch). But definitely not Hal.
    They're trying too hard to turn Hal into Tony Stark and Blake lively was absolutely terrible in the trailer.
    You've all got it wrong, it's 'I couldn't care less' not 'I could care less'.

Originally Posted by Batman The Trailer Hunter

Mask looks better here!
    I think it looks just as bad. In fact it looks even worse. At least in motion you don't get as good a look at it.

Originally Posted by thebatman226
    The biggest problem I have with it is that Hal is all wrong.
    It'd be okay for Kyle, maybe even Guy(that's still a stretch). But definitely not Hal.
    They're trying too hard to turn Hal into Tony Stark and Blake lively was absolutely terrible in the trailer.
    Yeah. But I really don't want to patronize the movie because I want it to be faithful to the comics. I hated the Harry potter film series because of that. I just have a huge problem with the suit, and the attempts at humour (in the trailer) came out all wrong.

I've said this once and I've said it again: there are many valid ways to do Hal Jordan. To be honest, he's gone from bland to mildly interesting depending on how he's been interpreted. I've seen a stoic, serious Hal and I've seen a more sarcastic, charming Hal.

I don't want the movie to try to be slavishly faithful to the comics at the expense of a good movie. From what I've seen, though, I have no doubt that it will be faithful to the basics of Green Lantern.

Personally, I think the suit looks fine. They have eight months left of post and it's a lot more interesting than a regular green costume, especially because it will allow them to more fluidly represent the alien aspects of the suit.

Im pretty sure the "normal' Hal Jordan character will arise once he leaves earth and matures. I think thats how they want to show him, Ironman never matured, but the green lantern will

Im pretty sure the "normal' Hal Jordan character will arise once he leaves earth and matures. I think thats how they want to show him, Ironman never matured, but the green lantern will
    No what Dropkick is saying that Hal Jordan over the course of approx 50-60 years has been written in many ways, but most people are probably only aware of the Geoff Johns' era which made Green Lantern into more popular in modern comics. Hal doesn't crack that many jokes, but he does have a sense of humour.

It is amusing to see people debate about the character not being "spot on" when movie Tony Stark is completely different from mainstream comic Stark, Batman is different in comics and shows like DCAU made their own takes on both Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake and Nightwing. I don't see the major issue here at all. People ultimately won't care about these things aslong as it's a good movie, same thing with the CGI talk regarding the trailer while the movie is about 7 months away from release.

Mask looks better here!

The sculpted bit around the nose looks like it's facing a different direction to his actual nose...

It's still too early to determine the tone, in my opinion. Sure, he seems to have a sense of humor in the trailer, but there are also moments in which he seems to be deadly serious, such as when he's discussing what the ring represents: responsibility. So I think we will see a story of maturation. I don't think the lines post-suit are too out of place, though - hell, if I were a pilot and received such a suit, I know I'd be having the time of my life.

New image of Hector Hammond from Green Lantern #59 and some praise for how they're portraying the character:

Peter Sarsgaard will play Hector Hammond in the upcoming live-action film, Green Lantern directed by Martin Campbell. In this version, Hammond is the son of former astronaut Senator Robert Hammond (Tim Robbins) who got him a job within a research company for the government. He obtains his powers while examining the dead body of Abin Sur; he is exposed to a piece of Parallax which was stuck in Sur's body and it causes his brain to grow continuously throughout the film, giving him telephatic and telekinetic powers in the process.

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last