Thread: Sad News

Unhappy Sad News

Lost a good friend in a tragic event...
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Unhappy

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Lo. We're here for our Agony Aunt.

I'm so sorry Lo. I know how painful losing a friend is and I am truly sorry that you are going through that pain. If you need to talk, I'm here by PM or Facebook. *hugs*
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

Thanks, both.

I'm trying to assist others involved too so it's good to know I can talk to you both if needed. Much appreciated and thanks again

Arrow

Actually, I suppose I ought to elaborate as to the circumstances of this tragedy.

I awoke a few days ago (Thursday morning to be exact), to find a PM from a guy on the military network, informing me that "one of ours" had passed very suddenly.

Out of respect, I won't name him because none of you fine folk know him.

Basically, he'd already beaten cancer of the bladder but had been feeling a bit crook and was driving to Halifax, Nova Scotia (he's an ex-pat who lived right on Molega Lake), to see the docs.

Less than half-way there, he complained to his lovely wife that he was feeling a little dizzy and ergo, he pulled over and stopped into a layby and seconds later, slumped to his left and was gone - coronary arrest. His poor wife must have been beside herself since she not only doesn't drive but they were miles from anywhere and at this point I am unsure as to how help was raised.

Only Monday was this lovely chap posting on his army forum about how crook he felt but as always, he was so positive. Never a nicer man did I know, aside from my own father and the sense of loss is hitting hard upon many of us privelaged to have known him.

Understandably, there has ensued a great deal of private e-mail traffic as we all gather round to help eachother cope with the sheer shock of his passing. I'm doing my level best to help those in distress so it's nice to actually pop by ECC and just swing the lamp for a bit, so thanks Kat and Ruum.

Life does go on but it can be hard for those left behind - I'm only grateful that said friend had both the time and the nous to pull over - subsequently avoiding what could quite easily have been a double-tragedy.

Lo

Terrible, just terrible.
    A tragedy indeed.

Click here to email me!
    What? Do you expect me to have a good signiture?

Sincerest sympathies. Sorry for your loss.
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

*hugs* You know that I'm always here if you ever need someone to help cheer you up.
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Yes, it is a shame and I too am sorry for the loss.

I agree: it's amazing that he had the wherewithal to pull over. A heroic deed from what sounds like a heroic and good person.

I am extremley sorry for your loss, my sinceriest condolences to you my friend, you know that we forum members are always here if you need to talk.
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Thanks to all who voiced their sympathies (which chiefly belong to his family of course)

The gentleman in question was recently cremated and although a remote area, I do believe his widow has a few neighbours with a superlative sense of community and she has a grown up son and so forth...

What was positive was that his wife had been dependant on said gentleman after a hip replacement but she was well into recovery when he was taken so suddenly. One has to sometimes focus on the positives - just as I had when mentioning the fortunacy in that he pulled the car off the road with literally seconds to spare (which he would have been unaware of, of course).

Thanks also for the offers of a little chat Aunty Lo is doing good! Now the dust has settled a little I was able to actually relate an amusing incident on one of the military forums this evening that happened on said gentleman's Facebook wall in the midst of the condolances. I will reserve that for another time but believe me, it really broke the tension and this guy would have laughed aplenty had he seen the faux pas

You just have to always have to find something to laugh about - respectfully that is - to lift you out of the precipice of pity

Aunty Lo

I'm terribly sorry for this situation, Lo, but I do hope you do feel better.

Right now, my best friend, my ex, has bone cancer in her knee from 'being around too much radiation', I don't know where in America there is that much radiation and that no one could notice, but I just do hope she survives..
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Propelled Rocket View Post
    I'm terribly sorry for this situation, Lo, but I do hope you do feel better.

Right now, my best friend, my ex, has bone cancer in her knee from 'being around too much radiation', I don't know where in America there is that much radiation and that no one could notice, but I just do hope she survives..
    I feel that this - although a terrible affliction - can be aided to a degree. She needs to be in the care of professionals my friend.

Don't go "Googling" too much because it usually results in a "worst case scenario" outlook. Just ensure your friend is getting the correct treatment

God bless, and thank you for your thoughts....

Aunty Lo