Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last

Thread: What movie you saw last?

What movie you saw last?

Post What movie you saw last?

Inspired by that "What games are you playing now?" thread...which I also started awhile back. Anyway, we all know how much we love watching films so how about a thread dedicated to it? You can rant or praise a movie, it doesn't matter. Be mindful and use the spoiler tags!

I just finished watching "The Girl Who Played with Fire"/"Flickan Som Lekte Med Elden", also known as Part II from Stieg Larsson's "Millennium Trilogy". Personally I didn't really like it, at least not as much as liked "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo/Män Som Hatar Kvinnor". It's still a decent thriller/mystery but the closer we got to the truth the more stupid the plot started to sound.

The first film was more impressive and had better storytelling but because it's the second part of the trilogy, I will cut it some slack...especially since "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest/Luftslottet Som Sprängdes" will start exactly where the second one left off. I'm very interested in reading the books because if you seen one of them, you know they left out whole fucking lot from the books. Anyone interested in David Fincher's remake of the series?

So what is the last movie you saw?

Inception. This overly dramatic and overly complicated sci-fi rubbish just doesn't work for me.
    And it doesn't matter if you put Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ellen Page in a fancy suit, they still look like teenagers.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

I saw Predators recently. Easily the best one yet save the original. However, Adrian Brody doing his best batman impression and the Yakuza guy meant that I wouldn't exactly call it a great movie. It had some good bits though, and despite his character being an absolute scumbag, Walton Goggins was fairly entertaining and Topher Grace didn't completely screw it up like I thought he would. I'm happy I saw it the once, but I will never watch it with the frequency that I watch the original(I've seen than movie about 30 times this year because it's almost always on tv).
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

4. Dawn of the dead (old version) was last film i saw.

Jennifer's Body.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    Jennifer's Body.
    I <3 that movie!

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    I <3 that movie!
    Hehe, Megan Fox all neked in lake, giggity giggity.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

The reason I like it is because it's so stupid! The plot is hilarious.

Toy Story 3 on Blu-Ray.

AMAZING! It complements the trilogy so well, it's shocking.

3:10 to Yuma (2007).
    Awesome!

Just watched William Friedkin's Bug.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Originally Posted by IMPYEMU
    Just watched William Friedkin's Bug.
    I have that on DVD since last Halloween...still haven't seen it. How was it?

I have that on DVD since last Halloween...still haven't seen it. How was it?
    It's no Exorcist, that's for damn sure. But it's still a really good movie. It's first act is sort of slow but after it ends oh man does the movie get intense and really showcase the actor's capabilities. I don't want to say anything else at the risk of spoiling it but definitely give it at least one watch.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Ah nice. I will be watching that tonight! Thanks.

Cool

Ah nice. I will be watching that tonight! Thanks.
    NP, but how do you own a movie for a year and NOT watch it? With me I usually watch movies I own within the hour I purchase them!
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Originally Posted by IMPYEMU
    NP, but how do you own a movie for a year and NOT watch it? With me I usually watch movies I own within the hour I purchase them!
    I bought it on a huge Halloween sale. About...15 films all together, three I still haven't seen since well, I always walk past it on my DVD shelf, stare at it and decided that I'll watch it later.

Odd, but true.

Double Post!!!!

Oh noes the Gestapo police will take me off to gaol.

Anyway I just saw Funky Forest. What a creative mind mash. I loved it, haha!

I bought Scott Pilgrim. Still a great movie.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I got the Alien Anthology blu ray box yesterday. Alien³ (special edition), my all-time favorite movie, looks and sounds better than ever. Simply amazing!
    Also, the Wreckage and Rage documentary (Making of) is an absolute must see for those of you who didn't quite enjoy this underrated and misunderstood third instalment.

Rest assured, all other Alien movies look and sound fantastic as well. Even Resurrection.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Even Resurrection.
    I was actually going to buy the Blu-Ray collection but I'd only really want first three, but maybe I could give Resurrection a chance on Blu.

Trust me, the whole package is well worth the money... There's six discs in total with tons and tons of hours of interesting(!) bonuses.

Ah yeah, that's sure going to be under my Christmas tree this year.

I watched Skyline today. It can be summed up in this:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ha.

That movie was so incredibly, gloriously bad I could barely believe it. That was a BAD, I mean BAD movie.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    I watched Skyline today. It can be summed up in this:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ha.

That movie was so incredibly, gloriously bad I could barely believe it. That was a BAD, I mean BAD movie.
    What did you think it would be like? LOL

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last