Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread: Would you like Thief 4 similar to Assassin's Creed games?

Would you like Thief 4 similar to Assassin's Creed games?

Would you like Thief 4 similar to Assassin's Creed games?

İn fact it wouldnt bother me to see Garret climbing everywhere and large map to explore.and also it must be a long story.

No. Except for the hood - I like the hoods. (the first time I saw altair back before ACI came out I said "It's Garrett in white!")

I don't want to have super insane amounts of climbing that would kill anyone who hadn't been doing it since the age of 3. I'd rather have alot of buildings and structures I can go INTO and do things inside of like loot and lurk than buildings I have to go around and maneuver.

Not sure about story length - I want enough to keep me intrigued, but not so much that I get to the "OH GOD just get on with it" point.
    signature image
    signature image

I would like the city to be built somewhat similar to the AC games, personally I wouldn't mind some of the gameplay features from AC to be imported. As long as first person perspective gameplay is not punished, going by roof is not too easy, and the game is not too easy.

Well, to be honest, no.

If i feel like playing Assassin's Creed, i'll play it instead.

Besides, Assassin's Creed is unfortunately way more popular than Thief. So, if Thief rips off some of the features, the reviewers will destroy it. If the reviewers dont approve it, general media wont even feature the game in magazines, making it unknown, so only the real fans will buy it, making the game another waste of money.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Assassin's Creed is similar to Thief games, and Assassin's Creed is new, thief is very older than Assassin's Creed,and Assassin's Creed is a Mimicry of thief why u tell this you traitor????????

No. Just, no. I can't really think anything else to say. Off the top of my head, there is nothing in Assassin's Creed I'd like to see in Thief. They are, in my mind, fundamentally different games.
    Sings we a dances of wolfs, who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a dances of mans, who smells gold and slays his brother.

I hope Garrett has to speed-climb countless towers in the city to reveal more of the city and update his map. And then jump into a pile of hay under each tower.

Meh. I hated Assassin's Creed and I'm sad so many people like it. I think IGN reviewers got paid off to give it a good review, lol

I liked AC, especially AC2, and I look forward to The Brotherhood with anticipation. It most certainly didn't totally suck deep, and it's no wonder so many people like it. The first one did have too much repetition, but they patched much of that up in AC2 - although it got a bit repetitous over time, too. Didn't mind, since it was good time otherwise.

But I don't want to see Thief turn into AC, it's a totally different game.

I think, however, that Thief could make use of some of the features presented in AC. The crowd blending, for example. And it would be nice if Garrett could climb up walls to a reasonable extent. No AC "gravity defying acrobatics" stuff, tho.
    ~You reap what you sow~

Well i'm not expecting that much of innovations.

Actually i'd be happy with me water arrows, blackjack and Stephen Russel quotes.

Funny guard here, crazy Hammer there. It's Thief, in the shape that stole my heart and made me fall in love with it.

Just need some cool storyline (No Thief game ever had bad storylines. Even Deadly Shadows had an awesome plot, we must admit), and modern graphics.

That's just it. Am i too humble?
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Not at all, Alex.

I can see that you appreciate the core goodness of THIEF...

You want the original "core design model" which most of us here love and wish to see again. Many also wish to see some innovations which work in conjunction with the original model. Check out this thread, and vote...How should THIEF IV be designed?

Actually, this thread could probably be merged with the aforementioned thread...

"Would you like Thief 4 similar to Assassin's Creed games?"

No way. Keep THIEF true to THIEF.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    I hope Garrett has to speed-climb countless towers in the city to reveal more of the city and update his map. And then jump into a pile of hay under each tower.

Meh. I hated Assassin's Creed and I'm sad so many people like it. I think IGN reviewers got paid off to give it a good review, lol
    I got Assassins Creed shipped with my Radeon GPU, played few missions and quit. Was very boring. The visuals and the levels look fantastic, but gameplay is boring. I wish they gave me DiRT2 instead.

I also didn't like the repetitive design, climb tower, jump in hay, repeat. Boring, same situation with Splinter Cell Conviction (I hate Ubi Soft, lol).

You know thought what AC has and Thief hasn't? Scope!

I would die to see a rooftop mission like that in Life of the Party. Just imagine Angelwatch with modern graphics and the City at your feet. T2 did the best it in terms of scope but graphics were not its major hitpoint... Even T3 could have achieved that with the clocktower, but still nothing.

Blending in is also a nice feature, but they have to implement a large crowd so I don't see this happening. And Garrett never walks out daytime!!!

Yeah, AC just feels so 'empty'. Sure, there are lots of flashy moves and rooftop jumping....but the game has no depth and the 3rd person makes it seem like I am watching some puppet do the same thing over and over and over again.

Other than a sprawling map, no. I don't want Thief to be similar to Assassin's Creed. I love AC to death, but Thief trying to emulate another game when it's already an established franchise is just a recipe for disaster.

There was a reason why the original build of Splinter Cell: Conviction recieved so much ire from everyone.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Originally Posted by Psychomorph
    (I hate Ubi Soft, lol).
    I'm with you. I haven't been very impressed by their offerings, in terms of gameplay and replayability value. Too repetitive, too scripted, poor AI, lacking depth. These are just the feelings I get when playing their games. I just wish there was more substance behind the flashy graphics. Even crowd cover was a disappointment for me... how you had to push a button to auto-move into a pre-defined group of monks. I was thinking it would've been implemented more realistically.

I know, not everyone shares the disappointments about AC, and that's fine. It's just how I feel. I won't try AC2 or any another Ubisoft game unless it's given to me or if I'm borrowing it. Just tired of giving them my money on products that fail to impress.

While I enjoyed AC to some extent, I would hate to see the gameplay incorporated into T4. AC was a different game, different genre and different style where you actually played an assassin. Garrett is certainly not an assassin even though his talent of remaining unseen would give him that ability if he so wished. Running across rooftops maybe to some extent since he already does that but he doesn't gain trust from groups to run interference when he needs it. However, the Mirrors edge style acrobatics while rooftop travelling in AC we have already discussed in another topic. His art is in stealth and using his own tools to cause diversions to give himself the window of opportunity, he has no affiliation or guild and he works entirely alone.
    A bird in the hand is... Lunch tonight.

I like Assassin's Creed for about half an hour once a year. One good thing about it is that it demonstrates you don't have to be a fast paced game to be popular. It is one of the most plodding games I've ever played.
    Follow the fortunes of the Thi4f Forum!

There's nothing related to Assassin's Creed I've appreciated, in fact after playing it I felt let down. I'd like Thief4 to go as far as possible from AC so to clearly make a hard statement over its own, amazing, unique game identity. Go solo Thief, go solo like Garrett!
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

I thought that AC was too easy, but I thought the story was extremely well done, just a little too deep for most people. The first game felt rushed to completion, in that they failed to see the diversity of what they could do with it. I wanted to be able to decide myself how and where and when to tackle an opponent. I wanted the clue gathering process to allow me to decide whether to attack my target in a crowd while he was parading, in his room at night (though there was no inside of buildings, sadly, with the exception of assassins bureaus) or from a rooftop with a crossbow while he was practising in a courtyard. instead, the game choose what to do for me, every time. this made it more linear than it needed to be.

That said however. I really enjoyed the first game, for all it's faults, it did something new, I loved parcour and free running. I liked the concept of social stealth, I loved the look of the cities, and I loves clambering towers, for the sheer beauty of the surroundings alone.

If I say that there are elements I wish to incorporate from AC into T4, it would be the following:
    Social stealth
    Cities like in AC, though most buildings should have an inside as well.
    Freedom that comes with a free roaming map.
    Clambering about wherever you can. Maybe parcour isn't very quiet, but it fits a thief trying to find a less obvious approach to a target. Whether that target is the inside of a building or a person is irrelevant.
    The free-running part I like because, while Garett is considered a master thief, I'm playing him. I know the idea is not to be seen, but I wouldn't mind the diversity of gameplay that would come from being able to have running away from guards and hiding from them as a means of escape, rather than stealthing out, as an option. should there be consequences linked to that? yes. but it's yet another element from AC that I like.

Just because these things were not mastered in AC as they were introduced, doesn't make it impossible to do something good and fun with them.

Someone joked earlier about climbing towers to unlock part of the map, like in AC. that would be stupid. but how about climbing towers to map part of the map? to plan a route too and from the target, in 3D? to identify threats and obstacles in advance?

Assassin's Creed's gameplay has a lot to offer, regardless of whether the game itself was good.

I agree that, while I found Assassin's Creed only somewhat entertaining at best, a game that improved on it's good aspects could be extremely fun. I do not want the game to do that to be Thief. An open world, freedom of movement, and fast-paced parkour elements are entertaining, but do not have a place in a game like Thief in my opinion.
    Sings we a dances of wolfs, who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a dances of mans, who smells gold and slays his brother.

Assassin's creed had some fun gameplay features, but I think only a couple of them would be fun in the realm of Thief. So no, not really.

I loved every second of AC and AC2. But I loved Thief 1 and 2 even more. AC has a completly different feeling which wouldn't fit in the Thief universe..

And it would be silly to make Garrett sit down on a bench to steath
    Sneaksie...

Definetly, No. Just look at the fact that AC plays in a complete different age than thief. I would't think that a thief can climb buildings easy and fast. It's the stealth-factor of thief which makes it that good. Sneaking around corners and knockout guards. That's what we want. No highspeed free-climbing and hiding in a roofgarden.

Originally Posted by Caranfin
    No. Just, no. I can't really think anything else to say. Off the top of my head, there is nothing in Assassin's Creed I'd like to see in Thief. They are, in my mind, fundamentally different games.
    +1
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    A flaw in the gear will fate it to shatter. A flaw in the beam harbours the termite.
    A flaw in a man's righteousness encompasses his death.

I loved Assassin's Creed up until I got to the second level, and third level, and forth level and so on and so on....it was all the same.
    I love the architecture though. Markets and all, I wouldn't mind seeing that in a daytime mission, as discussed in another thread.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last