Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: Prophet

Prophet

Prophet

As much as I expected something with the name "Prophet" to be a staff/wand wielding magic shooting class, humans aren't too effective at using such things for combat purposes, so seeing that gun being held like that makes sense given how a pistol is a simple yet effective long range weapon, doesn't pack a lot of punch, but lets the Prophet do their things... whatever that is!

I'm not too keen on guns. They just feel like a shooters from a modern setting with a different skin. Nosgoth has a lot of room for more unusual types of weapon given the setting.

I like their silhouette though. That looks interesting and their background that they come from Avernus is as well. I'd like to see the cathedral in ruins, never rebuilt because it's a place of dread with all the demon summoning that went on there. These guys could be the descendants of the cenobites in Defiance and commune with "mysterious otherworldly beings" whose name has remained Unspoken for centuries.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I think I got it wrong.... Some Cthulhu guy to me

I was expecting magic instead of a gun, considering the name and the glimpse of the background given to the Prophet. A little disappointment here. But the silhouette looks very nice (reminds me of a Hylden design), and all the lore revolving around Avernus whet my appetite!

However, since Blood Omen, at least ~1800 years have passed. The believes of the Cenobites (if they are their predecessors) were twisted back then, but what almost two millenium would have done to them is just terrifying to conceive. We are talking about people who revered a monster, summoned Demons to ravage their own city, offered blood sacrifice, and where in a sense allied to Hylden... best people to party with indeed!

I just can't wait to know everything about them, their role in this era, and their affiliation (hylden through uncertain ways? Elder god? Or just mad priests... I say mad because I really have doubts concerning their sanity).

Edit : regarding their abilities...hmm I could see them as a supportive class.

- Locate every vampire on the map for a few seconds (thus discarding the deceiver ability to morph. Could be done by sending some kind of drone, seeing through the eyes of a vampire player or just shifting to a " night vision " where you see the vampires...)
    - Prevent death for a few seconds (an invulnerability mode same way as the Reaver, with the excuse of preventing soul to escape the body...)
    - Summoning some monster/demons for a few seconds (Azimuth style)
    - Ability to teleport on a specific area of the map by opening a gate through dimension (Azimuth style again)
    - Shooting magic projectiles (same way of the black fire mages from Blood Omen 1... but I would be redundant with the Alchemists)
    - Ability to summon zombies/spirits which would block a vampire for a few seconds (could be used as a trap)
    - Possession ability (but would be redundant with the Deceiver ability)
    Last edited by nehemoth; 8th Apr 2014 at 13:05.

Originally Posted by agile2015
    I think I got it wrong.... Some Cthulhu guy to me
    That was cool =P
    I like the silluette too! And I think that this handgun sounds more reasonable than Alchemists "handcannon".
    signature image

Loving the Hylden wing-like looking structure on their back. Normally I don't give much of a thought about the human classes but this one promises to be interesting.

The gun catches my attention too, wasn't expecting that for this class; can't see what type of bullet they could use but the rounded cannon makes me want to think they look like flare launchers?

I'm fine with the handcannons, since there were handcannons were in SR2. It's the automatic crossbows that bother me. Even though repeater crossbows do exist, they're still relatively simplistic and much slower compared to the ones in Nosgoth or at least they would have been in that sort of time period.

EDIT: @Nehemoth, I think rather than summoning demons, they could channel them instead. Allowing themselves to become possessed so that they can make use of the demon's power. Maybe it's a last resort move, since the hylden can "break" humans when they possess them. The possessed human would gain immense power, but die a short time afterwards.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 8th Apr 2014 at 13:24.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    EDIT: @Nehemoth, I think rather than summoning demons, they could channel them instead. Allowing themselves to become possessed so that they can make use of the demon's power. Maybe it's a last resort move, since the hylden can "break" humans when they possess them. The possessed human would gain immense power, but die a short time afterwards.
    I would LOVE that ! Claimed

I am curious how the pistol will fit into their story since I assume the blood omen 2 paradox has no occurred yet so we are not in that time line. So this class might be a worshiper of the elder god or belong to the demon cult I am more leaning to the demon. Well I can't wait for the full reveal the class looks rather fun.

The new timeline only allowed the Hylden to enter Nosgoth in person. Even in the first timeline the Hylden were able to possess Mortanius. Blood Omen mentioned a strange cult where demon possession would follow where ever they went. I think there's a good chance they were Cenobites too.

This part is just a theory, but I've been wondering if Hylden that were already dead when the binding occurred could have been spared from imprisonment in the demon dimension. As guardian of death, Mortanius could have contacted one of these and gotten possessed that way.

Sounds interesting... the only thing ramains is to understand how the death after the possession will count. if prophet dies via possession but had received some dmg from vampire before, should it count as kill for vamp? another thing is it will almost 100% death to vamp on 1v1 ecounter because as vamp almost killed prophet, dmg was dealt to him too, so after possesion it's like new encounter for quite crippled vamp... I'm not criticising - idea is good, just food for thoughts .

One thought that I have after reading this post - there should be an ability for some human char(may be Prophet) to "corrupt' or something corpses of humans, so vamps can't heal. it may sound OP for someone, but think, for example, of hunter or scout with ability to 'delete' corpse but doesn't have grenade\turret etc... like trading good ability for way to prevent vamps for regaining strength. sorry if it was brought up elsewere, haven't encountered it in my blurry walks on forums

Also, the possession would be more consistent if it would attack everyone - vamps and hums alike, desperate action indeed.

This part is just a theory, but I've been wondering if Hylden that were already dead when the binding occurred could have been spared from imprisonment in the demon dimension. As guardian of death, Mortanius could have contacted one of these and gotten possessed that way.
    They were indeed spared, or else the Revenants wouldn't be able to possess all those Hylden corpses in Defiance. Although, I doubt that Hylden who died in the Material Realm would be capable of possessing anyone.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

The new timeline only allowed the Hylden to enter Nosgoth in person. Even in the first timeline the Hylden were able to possess Mortanius. Blood Omen mentioned a strange cult where demon possession would follow where ever they went. I think there's a good chance they were Cenobites too.
    I truly believe that the Hylden are still a threat despite the fact that in the first timelines they weren't able to completely pass through dimension (due to the fact that Janos is missing). They would just do anything to come back in Nosgoth.
    Even if Nosgoth is occuring in the second timeline, Hyldens CAN possess humans (as seen in Defiance) as the binding is not restored. Not able to open a portal though.

The Prophets could be vessels to Hyldens : they would have finally found new allies in this world. The seers wouldn't know (or care) about the true nature of the extra-dimensional beings they revered for so long : brainwashing generation of humans would be easy for the Hyldens as the Cenobites were already mad.

That said, a human class affiliated (knowingly or not) with the Hylden would be just great, breaking the traditional goods humans vs bad Vampires but not completely (since the Prophet would still stand in the human side), adding new elements to the lore and reinforcing the threat of the Hyldens.

Edit : I didn't see your theory vampmaster! So maybe the Hyldens we saw in Defiance were long dead before the Binding... is this point specified in the lore?
    Last edited by nehemoth; 8th Apr 2014 at 15:44.

I was way off on what the next class was gonna be, but I can't wait to see how this thing looks in the light. I'm a little put off by the pistol, just because handguns were never seen in LoK, but if there are already explosives then firearms wouldn't be too out of place.

Not sure what to picture in terms of abilities, perhaps since they are of the seers from Avernus then maybe they will have the equivalent of the Sentinel's Echolocation.

Well this explains the pistols in the game files at least. Now just have to speculate about the other abilities in the game files not associated with one class or another!
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Well this explains the pistols in the game files at least. Now just have to speculate about the other abilities in the game files not associated with one class or another!
    Wow, looking back at that list you provided, I can't help but see Poison Dart & Poison Shot and speculate that what the Prophet carries might not be a firearm but rather a dart pistol.

Having a pistol-like weapon in Legacy of Kain universe doesn't seem too strange to me. This is my point of view: hand cannons were carried by vampire hunters in SR2, and alchemists in Nosgoth have similar weapons to those hand cannons. And in some point in time, someone came up with the idea of a smaller and more compact version of hand cannon. And the pistol was created.

But I have to agree with most people here, it's quite surprising that a class called "Prophet" would carry such weapon.

Hahaha yep.. was expecting a guy with a grey beard and flaming staff ;D Wondering how "holy" his skills will be

Originally Posted by Timeraider007
    Hahaha yep.. was expecting a guy with a grey beard and flaming staff ;D Wondering how "holy" his skills will be
    I thought there might be a lot of "purge it with fire" stuff but the alchemist has that covered.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

My only feedback => GIVE THE PROPHET A PIKE :0

San Marcos, California, USA, North America, Earth
    "God gave me a gun and told me to go nuts." - Prophet

Joking aside, I wonder what they're supposed to be prophesying, exactly?
    Alchemists do alchemy, Hunters hunt, Scouts scout. Prophets...predict stuff? I'm kinda put off by the gun though =/ I don't like it, as far as first impressions go.
    signature image

These guys could be the descendants of the cenobites in Defiance a ...
    I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work ... the cenobites from Defiance are far in the future from now, in the fourth timeline. As far as we know, Nosgoth is set in the first timeline between Raziel's descent and his return, and Turel is probably not yet devolved enough to become the false Hash'ak'gik.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work ... the cenobites from Defiance are far in the future from now, in the fourth timeline. As far as we know, Nosgoth is set in the first timeline between Raziel's descent and his return, and Turel is probably not yet devolved enough to become the false Hash'ak'gik.
    Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Defiance are all set in the past. When Raziel emerged from the abyss, he and Kain use the chronoplast to go back in time. Mortanius was possessed in the first timeline when he killed Ariel and Avernus is still filled with demon worshippers in that timeline as well.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    The cenobites are far in the past you mean no ? They exist in all timelines and SR1 (and nosgoth) is set in the second timeline, the first end when kain kill william.

I'm fine with the handcannons, since there were handcannons were in SR2. It's the automatic crossbows that bother me. Even though repeater crossbows do exist, they're still relatively simplistic and much slower compared to the ones in Nosgoth or at least they would have been in that sort of time period.
    It surelly bother me as much as you. I don't play hunter at all because of that. But it is in the game, and I don't think they will change it, right? =(

Originally Posted by Denaros
    The cenobites are far in the past you mean no ? They exist in all timelines and SR1 (and nosgoth) is set in the second timeline, the first end when kain kill william.
    Wasn't there a document in BO1 that mentioned Hash'Ak'Gik?
    signature image

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last