Thread: Prophet

Prophet

Check out the Blog, the Prophet is a Girl!!!!
    YAYYYY!!!! *dances* ^^
    signature image

Prophet blog post is up!

A second female class, I approve. They look pretty badass and twisted, I can't wait to see their abilities in action at pax tomorrow! Love the visuals on them and I look forward to hearing the VO for them and the deceiver!
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

I just read the Prophet's background and I like it. It links with the overall lore : Azimuth, Blood Fountain.
    I also enjoy the fact that they are scattered groups around Nosgoth, thus very different from each other (meaning many abilities).
    The most surprising is the black blood in their veins : will it mean that in the game Vampires won't be able to drink from the blood of Prophet player?
    I smiled at this sentence : " Though some whispered tales of a connection between the new armaments and a great Oracle whom Roxen suspected might be another of her own kind, the truth remained ambiguous."
    However, I still do not like guns... I really would prefer magic, but that's only my opinion.

I'll admit I wasn't entirely keen on the concept of gun as this gives the prophet a sort of gunslinger look which made me go 'err'' at first but the tribal/witch thing is welcome. I wait to see how their blood magic pans out in actual gameplay. I'm assuming that the Prophet and the Deceiver will appear at the same time.

Although I must say -

Variant number one here: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog_image/151/blog_large

And the helmet from this image: http://assets.vg247.com/current//201...psc124174f.jpg

I can't help but see a massive similarity here. More Dead sun left overs?

Female again I already never play alchemist because of that, too bad for me.

You don't play a character class because of their gender? Wow.... :O
    signature image

Prophet is out. Not much to do with the Hylden in lore, though =(
    But I find it cool. Even though you guys won't ever get any better than scout *-*

As for the helmet, CountEyokir, I think it is meant to resemble Hylden's heads. Plus, Sentinel have a carapace with something like that too.

I don't care about gender, I care about lore and gameplay. Lore is one of the bests out until now... Gameplay we will see tomorow, huh?
    Last edited by ZeroFernir; 11th Apr 2014 at 15:01.
    signature image

Originally Posted by nehemoth
    I just read the Prophet's background and I like it. It links with the overall lore : Azimuth, Blood Fountain.
    I also enjoy the fact that they are scattered groups around Nosgoth, thus very different from each other (meaning many abilities).
    The most surprising is the black blood in their veins : will it mean that in the game Vampires won't be able to drink from the blood of Prophet player?
    I smiled at this sentence : " Though some whispered tales of a connection between the new armaments and a great Oracle whom Roxen suspected might be another of her own kind, the truth remained ambiguous."
    Is the Oracle a reference to the Hylden?

And, that's an interesting point regarding blood. Perhaps the blood of Seers will not heal as much as that of other humans (it is diluted, after all). This class is a definitely a worthy counter-balance to the Deceiver.

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir

As for the helmet, CountEyokir, I think it is meant to resemble Hylden's heads. Plus, Sentinel have a carapace with something like that too.
    I think any physical resemblance to the Hylden, despite their Avernus lore connection, might be a coincidence.

I've been against it in the past for reasons of ranged vs. melee, but I'm starting to open up more to the idea of a single melee class for humans ... so long as it's balanced correctly, and plays completely differently than vampires (e.g. relies on shield blocks & counters.)

The human with sword/shield in this concept art just looks really fun to play.

On a side note, the mask on Prophet skin variant #2 looks waaay too much like an alchemist.

That poison blood thing sounds very interesting but...pistols in the Nosgoth universe? Seriously? U guys are out of range weapon ideeas aren't u?)
    Still interesting class.

Also, I though that they were filiated to Mortanius, but they come from my little Azimuth *-* I was waiting for them so hard!
    signature image

Interesting I really like how they included the blood fountain lore and in blood omen one for those who do not know if you drank too much from it it would eventually turn black and injure you.

Hmm I wonder does this mean prophet may have skills that prevents them from being fed upon?

Originally Posted by LegacyOfKayn
    That poison blood thing sounds very interesting but...pistols in the Nosgoth universe? Seriously? U guys are out of range weapon ideeas aren't u?)
    Still interesting class.
    Indeed. There's loads of alternatives. Flay, Crossblade, Chakram, Harpoon, Atlatl, Rock Sling (I'd love to see a giant that hurls rocks at enemies) and my personal favorite, the Lightning Rod (I also want an Energist that shoots lightning bolts).

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    Also, I though that they were filiated to Mortanius, but they come from my little Azimuth *-* I was waiting for them so hard!
    I guess they must have been working together.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I guess they must have been working together.
    Indeed. But the most refered on this class's lore is Azimuth, which happens to be my favourite guardian =P
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Indeed. There's loads of alternatives. Flay, Crossblade, Chakram, Harpoon, Atlatl, Rock Sling (I'd love to see a giant that hurls rocks at enemies) and my personal favorite, the Lightning Rod (I also want an Energist that shoots lightning bolts).
    Yeah maybe a human with sharp silver boomerangs...who knows maybe they'll change the pistols...eventually.

I wouldn't bet that the Prophet's black blood will impact vampire feedings. It's mentioned that it only applies "for as long as their hearts continue to beat."
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Yeah maybe a human with sharp silver boomerangs...who knows maybe they'll change the pistols...eventually.
    I really hope so... I'll wait to see the Prophet's abilities, but really guns are not creative at all.

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    I wouldn't bet that the Prophet's black blood will impact vampire feedings. It's mentioned that it only applies "for as long as their hearts continue to beat."
    Well when a vamp feeds on a human he's still alive...dying but still alive (that's why he makes the chocking sound when u feed) cuz afther a while u can't feed on him anymore cuz he's dead for good.

Originally Posted by nehemoth
    I really hope so... I'll wait to see the Prophet's abilities, but really guns are not creative at all.
    We will not be changing it from dual pistols.

Ok...so we can look forward to a AK-47?

Ok...so we can look forward to a AK-47?
    That's the next vampire class. We're putting it in with a new game mode specifically for it called "Call of Kain's Duty".

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    That's the next vampire class. We're putting it in with a new game mode specifically for it called "Call of Kain's Duty".
    Don't even joke about that!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Duty of Kain.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Haha nice)
    But seriously now,i think that u were so certain about not removing the guns because the remaining unanounced human classes also have guns...that's why excluding them is out of the question,am i right?
    Last edited by LegacyOfKayn; 12th Apr 2014 at 08:22.

Page 3 of 6 First First 123456 Last