Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last

Thread: DXHR COMIC BOOK - Warning: SPOILERS & SCANS inside!

DXHR COMIC BOOK - Warning: SPOILERS & SCANS inside!

DXHR COMIC BOOK - Warning: SPOILERS & SCANS inside!

NOTE
    Just to clarify that the plot IN the comic has nothing to do with the plot in the game. This is additional content only.
    The use of SPOILER tags is encouraged, so that reading/viewing information remains a personal choice.

__

Here are full details so far. I've added to first post/first page.

A series of six comics, written by ROBBIE MORRISON; Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE; Cover by JIM MURRAY.

The legendary video game franchise, which PC Gamer called "The Best PC Game of All Time," comes to comics in advance of the highly anticipated new installment in the series!

DEUS EX #1 (OF 6) (Comic - On Sale February 09, 2011)

Adam Jensen is a cybernetically enhanced security operative for the powerful Sarif Industries in a future where biological enhancements have become commonplace, yet fanatically opposed by many. While recovering the kidnapped niece of the founder of Sarif Industries, Jensen unstitches a mystery that goes all the way back to his fully human SWAT origins in Detroit – and an adventure of violence and betrayal that will span the globe!

DEUS EX #2 (OF 6) (Comic - On Sale March 16, 2011)

The legendary franchise comes to comics in advance of the highly-anticipated new game! Haunted by the ghosts of his past, Adam Jensen purses an augmented terrorist group and learns that, even in a world of superhuman enhancements, the female is still the deadliest of the species…

DEUS EX #3 (OF 6) (Comic - On Sale April 20, 2011)

A ghost from Adam Jensen's past rears his ugly, augmented head and it's open warfare! Even with a new ally, Adam has his hands full . . . but what's the connection between Adam's past and his current assignment?

DEUS EX #4 (OF 6) (Comic - On Sale May 18, 2011)

The danger rises to explosive levels as the psychotic cyborg Durant continues his war against Sarif Industries. With the future of human evolution hanging in the balance, Adam Jensen engages in a relentless hunt for his former friend and current nemesis.

DEUS EX #5 (OF 6) (Comic - On Sale June ?, 2011)

Adam Jensen closes in on his former ally Durant...but who's pulling the psycho cyborg's strings? Is this all a feint to undermine Sarif Industries? If so, who's behind it?

DEUS EX #6 (OF 6) (Comic - On Sale July ?, 2011)

In the shattering conclusion to this epic story, Adam Jensen faces off against his super-augmented former boss, Durant, in a war for the ages...but as with any conflict, casualties will be high and blood will be
    shed. Will Adam walk out of this alive?

Originally Posted by SquareEnixSonia

My view of the DeusEx panel announcing the comic book(!) w/ Wildstorm (I'm lighting girl&PR!)
    http://twitpic.com/2w637u

if anyone can confirm, I'll be glad

novel, action figure, comic book.. what next?

So where's the anime?

So a comic AND a novel? Interesting.

Originally Posted by Corpus
    So a comic AND a novel? Interesting.
    Maybe the comic is for those of us who'd rather look at pretty picture instead of looking at those damned boring words. There are no explosions in words after all.... stupid words.

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    So where's the anime?
    Sore wa, konpyūtagēmu da.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Weaboos

Weaboos everywhere...

Originally Posted by Deltaslayer
    Weaboos

Weaboos everywhere...
    Where? I haven't seen one...?

Oh... and it's weeaboo
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

A comic book? Sounds interesting.

You guys may scoff at it, but if done by the right studio (Production IG is the obvious choice) I'd totally watch a DX:HR anime.

I hate anime's.

But i might open an exception!
    Visits the forum once every six months.

I like watching anime, but... no. I don't think I'd want to see DX:HR as one.

Actually, I don't like hearing about any of these "extras". If they can't tell the whole story in one game, then make two, three or more. This cross-over is getting out of hand.

Not into comics as such, but I can't wait to see how creative they got with their visual style. Source material should allow for some really interesting stuff.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    I hate anime's.

But i might open an exception!
    I hate people who misuse apostrophes.

No exceptions!

I can't wait until they release the Human Revolution breakfast cereal.
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

No exceptions!
    Ho ho. Well played.
    signature image

What is it with games these days trying to whore out the story as much as possible in all manner of media? Just stick to making a good game.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    What is it with games these days trying to whore out the story as much as possible in all manner of media? Just stick to making a good game.
    They hope to create another Star Wars Expanded Universe (and all the other levels of canon). $$$, basically.

No exceptions!
    Then hate me.

You really think i care, dont you?
    Visits the forum once every six months.

This.

*puts on heavy Yiddish accent*
    Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Deus Ex-the T-shirt, Deus Ex-the Coloring Book, Deus Ex-the Lunch box, Deus Ex-the Breakfast Cereal, Deus Ex-the Flame Thrower! (The kids love this one.)

In theory spin offs & different media outings are justified ways to explore different aspects of a franchise. In practice, of course, it's just about the moolah.

I wonder if those HR cereals come with cheap plastic stick-on shades? :P

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Deus Ex-the T-shirt, Deus Ex-the Coloring Book, Deus Ex-the Lunch box, Deus Ex-the Breakfast Cereal, Deus Ex-the Flame Thrower! (The kids love this one.)
    Deus Ex-The Saturday morning spin-off.
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

Gotta love Mel Brooks.

You know what makes me quoting that even funnier? My last name is Schwartz

You know what makes me quoting that even funnier? My last name is Schwartz
    Argh! Comedic... potential... overload... can't... form... coherent... sentence...

So where's the anime?

But Anime is so fail.

Where is the kart racing spin off is what we should be asking.
    I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK
    "It's not the end of the world but it is the end of fine dining"

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last