View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the game?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    56 69.14%
  • No

    11 13.58%
  • Somewhere in the middle...

    14 17.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Did you enjoy the game?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270

    Did you enjoy the game?

    Okay, I was a bit sceptical about the game, but I decided to buy it.

    I loved it!! Completely. It had everything I wanted: puzzles, enemies, BOSSES... I died so many times and lost so many points I couldn't believe it...

    I want to know what you all have to say. But please, leave the whole: "Where the hell is the Co-op patch?!" or "I don't like the game because there's no Online Co-op!" out of this thread. I don't want to hear about it. The patch will be ready when it's ready.

    Maybe this thread could be sticky, like in TRU section... What do you say, Mods?

  2. #2
    I really enjoyed it as a single player game
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,316
    When I first heard the news about GoL and saw the first shreenshots, I must admit that I was quite surprised!

    I soon realised that it's an excellent idea and started getting really excited. I was happy to hear that the game is getting very god reviews on E3 and people who played it really enjoyed it.

    When I finally got my hands on the game I was mesmerized! Everything about the game is great! Although it's not a Tomb Raider game, it has a lot of features that I was missing in the past releases. Keep up the good work Crystal and thank you for this fantastic game.

  4. #4
    im in level 6 atm..so far it's a good game..
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

  5. #5
    It's great I highly recommend it. Play the demo if you want a taste. I purchased the full version immediately after playing the DEMO once. It is a quality game and I am impressed by the detail and level of coding that went into this game. It's a steal for $15 bucks. You just can't beat the price for a game of this magnitude.

    I hope more people realize that these developers need support and to contribute their positive feedback. I don't want to see this game die off because of a bunch of complainers, it wouldn't be fair to all the people who actually like this game who want more content from it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Can't answer this poll as I haven't played it yet...

    Bought it the hour it was released on PSN and just waiting on co-op to be implemented so that I may play the game through the first time with my brother.

    I played the demo on co-op and it was alot more fun than single player.<<<the reason I refuse to play the game through on single player first...dont want to spoil the game before I experience it on co-op first...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    Okay, I was a bit sceptical about the game, but I decided to buy it.

    I loved it!! Completely. It had everything I wanted: puzzles, enemies, BOSSES... I died so many times and lost so many points I couldn't believe it...

    I want to know what you all have to say. But please, leave the whole: "Where the hell is the Co-op patch?!" or "I don't like the game because there's no Online Co-op!" out of this thread. I don't want to hear about it. The patch will be ready when it's ready.

    Maybe this thread could be sticky, like in TRU section... What do you say, Mods?
    The game is fine...its the devs that have issues on updating the customers...

  8. #8
    agreed
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    217
    This is truly one of the best games I've played in years. I'm looking forward to online co-op, sure, but the single-player game is so much fun, and the local co-op is even better. The levels are very well designed. The balance between combat, puzzle-solving and platforming is near perfect. The difficulty level ramps up nicely, and the optional challenges make me want to go back and replay levels again and again. Crystal, you guys have totally outdone yourselves. If this is the little filler game, I can't wait to see TR9. Fantastic!
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

  10. #10
    Initially I didnt but over time Ive come to really like this game

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Yes, it's a nice standalone game that sets itself apart from Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Not just because of the lack of the TR name. Can't wait for the DLC to come. Nice work CD.
    signature image

  12. #12
    I'll be honest I've not been on it since the first weekend that I bought it, so I was never that far into it.

    But...

    What I played I did enjoy and I'm glad they had the isometric kind of camera. it's just a case of getting around to finishing it off!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by stellalune View Post
    This is truly one of the best games I've played in years. I'm looking forward to online co-op, sure, but the single-player game is so much fun, and the local co-op is even better. The levels are very well designed. The balance between combat, puzzle-solving and platforming is near perfect. The difficulty level ramps up nicely, and the optional challenges make me want to go back and replay levels again and again. Crystal, you guys have totally outdone yourselves. If this is the little filler game, I can't wait to see TR9. Fantastic!
    Thank you for voting and posting your opinion, Stella! I really appreciate it. And I agree with you, one of the best games in years...

    And the DLC is out, which makes it even better, because they're so difficult, I died so many times, especially in the Tooth and Nail level, damn spikes!

    I love the Temple Defense level. So many enemies, yaay!

    What do you other Xbox360 players think about the DLC?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    217
    To be honest, I wasn't wild about this first DLC. The traps were certainly creative--fiendish even--but I prefer puzzles that take more time and logic to beat, rather than fast reflexes to avoid dying over and over. Still, if you're into that kind of thing, these puzzles are great. And I certainly have no right to complain at that price.

    I hope we'll see some more full levels in the future. That would be great.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by stellalune View Post
    To be honest, I wasn't wild about this first DLC. The traps were certainly creative--fiendish even--but I prefer puzzles that take more time and logic to beat, rather than fast reflexes to avoid dying over and over.
    I agree with you compeletely. As I said, I didn't like the level Tooth and Nail because of that, too many spiked floors... But I loved Temple defense.

  16. #16
    I really loved it! Traps all over the place, bosses, challenges... It really remind me TR 2 with all these traps (it had the first and last levels full of it). Felt little weird that it looks like an RPG, but is amazing game (missed Mrs Croft from 3rd person close up ). I believe they are preparing a really big Lara adventure. I mean is only from internet buy & download...

  17. #17

    Thumbs Up

    Yes, very much!

    I still haven´t played coop yet though.
    signature image

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Yes, very much!

    I still haven´t played coop yet though.
    You haven't? Well you should, it's a lot of fun!!!

  19. #19

    Smile

    I really enjoyed the game!!!

    When i 1st heard news about the game i didnt really think it would be gd at all and i wasnt actually going to bye it.

    But i had to and i did and it's really gd fun iv completed it and played online and its really gd. I would give it %100!!!

  20. #20
    I enjoyed the game, but I did not enjoy the multiplayer. In fact, I wasn't even able to find a game online.

    I bought the game the day it came out, and I was disapointed when I heared the multiplayer wasn't finished yet. By the time it came available, I was already playing another game. After a month or so I decided to start playing tGoL again, and I tryed to join an online game. For some reason I couldnt (and still can't) find a single game, and when I start a game no one will join. This and the stupid prizes (Microsoft being greedy) for DLC's ruined my online-experience.

  21. #21
    when i heard it was a co op game i could not belive it! but i havnt been able to find it in shops tho so what shops is it on??

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by misscati98 View Post
    when i heard it was a co op game i could not belive it! but i havnt been able to find it in shops tho so what shops is it on??
    You won't find it in any shop. It's digital download ONLY, so depending the platform you play on, you can download it on either Steam (PC), XLIVE Marketplace (Xbox360) or PSN (PS3).

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Hi
    Friends I have shared very useful information with us. I just enter this site it’s really amazing and lot of wonderful to study for horror stories. You will be benefit with this.

    Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boo Ink Ghostwriters

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by tonni22 View Post
    yes
    i did more enjoy and i got more fun.

    thanks
    I'm glad, tonni!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    13
    Excellent, however......too much intense fighting.....poor directional control on a PC keypad.
    Pressing two keys to hold a direction often stops the 'jump' (and others) action......a real pain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •