Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: On which platform are you going to play?

On which platform are you going to play?

On which platform are you going to play?

I'm a moderate PC gamer, I played the original Deus Ex only on the PC. But I was wondering?
    Wich platformer would be better. I dont have a verry high end PC, so my choice is going
    towards my PS3. But if people think PC is better, I might upgrade it?

So what is everyone's thoughts about this?
    I dont even know whose side Rihanna is on

PC. There are other platforms one can play games on?

signature image

Good one (lol), Is there any reason you prefer the PC? I know people are going to say mouse keyboard combo ftw.
    But somehow a console feels to be more accessible.

The PC version should be the best version as long it's not a direct console port, which as I understand it it shouldn't be.

The difference probably won't be very big in any case, so it's really just a matter of how much your willing to pay for a slightly better experience (opinions may very, personally I hate playing FPS's on consoles) vs. how much you'll have to pay to upgrade your rig enough to run the game better than your PS3.

Funny you should say that. I'm butting in to the conversation, I know - deal with it. I play games on the PC because I think console-games are less accessible. Title cost more $$$, you have to use awkward controllers, and deal with an absolutley horrendous thumb-pad look function (for first person). I can't move around, much less aim for ***** using a controller. Mouse-look is the epitome of accessibility and streamlined control, especially for when you need to move your view fast.
    Qu'est-ce que

I understand what you're saying, but consider someone who's new to pc and/or console. Both ways of playing
    need some time to get used to. But the PC version needs to be installed first and has a certain operating system.
    While console's are plug and play, this is what i ment with easy acces.

Intending PC, though mine is a bit aged. I'll see when it gets closer to release and we get the requirements, but I ran the Tomb Raider demo without much trouble so I expect I'll be able to run it at some level.

Originally Posted by DavidPlisken
    I'm a moderate PC gamer, I played the original Deus Ex only on the PC. But I was wondering?
    Wich platformer would be better. I dont have a verry high end PC, so my choice is going
    towards my PS3. But if people think PC is better, I might upgrade it?

So what is everyone's thoughts about this?
    Hello fellow member of the PC Gamer fourums....

Of course I will play this game on my PC.... Playing Deus Ex on a console is just sacrilegious IMO.
    Timeless like a broken watch.....

Pc all the way. Not only because it's the only one I own, but because I really don't like FPS's when they're twenty feet away and controlled by two nubs. Other people do, that's fine but I cannot feel immersed like that.

I'm a PC and Windows 7, was MY idea.
    Play games for the story

PC, naturally.

if EM is being honest about developing for each platform simultaneously, we should be able to map controls anyway we want on a PC, since, just like TrickyVein, i'm absolutely horrendous when it comes to dealing with any type of control scheme that doesn't resemble WSAD

also, hopefully, there will be SDK, meaning mods.

PC ~

All i have to say!

Someone make a poll~
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    PC ~

All i have to say!

Someone make a poll~
    again?
    we've had like 3 already.

about 70% said PC.

Originally Posted by Facebyface
    I really don't like FPS's when they're twenty feet away
    Does anybody ACTUALLY sit further than ten feet from the TV? Last I checked, people were still complaining about the Wii's "sweet spot" being right around six feet, because it's apparently "too far" from the TV.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by DavidPlisken
    I understand what you're saying, but consider someone who's new to pc and/or console. Both ways of playing
    need some time to get used to. But the PC version needs to be installed first and has a certain operating system.
    While console's are plug and play, this is what i ment with easy acces.
    Are you telling me that even Windows is too complex for some people?

I apologize for being insensitive, but goshdarnit, that's pretty sad if you think that playing games on the PC is in anyway complex, or more complex than playing said games on a console. Unless, well...yeah. Or you're like five years old, in which case you shouldn't be playing games at all. Legos? Absolutely. Drawing? Yes. Running around outside? Required. I cannot wait to raise my own kids. They are going to grow up so right.
    Qu'est-ce que

Originally Posted by TrickyVein
    Are you telling me that even Windows is too complex for some people?
    Evidently console gamers are too fricking retarded to find the cd key.
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

Probably PC unless it's really a dire port. I love steam, so...

I started my gaming career on pcs with a mouse and keyboard. When I finally bought a console (about the time halo 1 was released.) I had a really hard time using the controller. specifically aiming. Now after I've practiced I find it hard to use the mouse and keyboard. I'm certain if I played pc for a certain period of time I would regain the skills but for now I've lost them.
    I am Parado! God of opposites, contradictions and paradoxes!

Seriously? Another "which platform" thread?

Okay.

PC... physical DVD, box and all that.
    signature image

PC, physical media.

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers

Okay.

I thought I'd seen the last of 'em too... oh well.

On topic:
    Xbox. End of story.
    I don't support DRM and CD keys (even if they are intuitive), after 7 years of console gaming, I became just as proficient with a controller as a mouse and key board (proficient meaning "just as happy" -- not more acurate), the game won't ship with a multiplayer mode, so I won't have to worry about online play, I'd rather play a story-driven game on the couch, in front of the TV with just the controller and the lights off, and it would cost a little bit to get my PC in DXHR shape. Also, all the roommates and neighbors want to play -- making the Xbox 360 a much easier platform for "sharing." At the end of the day, minus the extra $10 US I'd spend, I have no reason to purchase the PC title, unless info is revealed that the PC version is vastly different from the console version.

I'll probably pick up the PC version in 2-4 years, if the modding community really takes off and I think the game is worth some more go-rounds on a new PC.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

PS3.

...Don't look at me like that.

I like my PC gaming so I can assure my textures are always sharp and as high-res as possible. Unfortunately, too many games are ported poorly, and all I can get above the console is AF.

Also, on a nice monitor like mine, doesn't matter how old or sucky the game is, the crispness of the image is always impressive.
    signature image

PC. This thread keeps ressurectin'. Whatevs.
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers

Okay.

Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    PC. There are other platforms one can play games on?
    ...same goes for me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last