Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: EIDOS---Here it is...9 days later

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19

    EIDOS---Here it is...9 days later

    First off...

    I know someone is moderating this forum as my post was moved into another thread for who knows why...

    Eidos, CD,

    Where is information regarding the online co-op projected release date? Ever since you 'postponed' it prior to the PS3 release, I have not been able to find any statement given by you as to when it will be released...

    Can you actually try and act like you care about the community by giving a response to this post?

    I feel robbed to have purchased this game and am not getting any information about the progress of the online co-op when you had already set a release (Sep 28th) for it to be implemented...

  2. #2
    There's ground for a refund don't you think?

  3. #3
    i feel the same..they just don't care
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19

    Thumbs Down

    Quote Originally Posted by xdiesp View Post
    There's ground for a refund don't you think?
    Maybe free content...but not a full refund. I just want the co-op online play to be announced when it will be available...and if its not available...like it is now...INFORMATION TO WHY IT ISNT!

    I think a $5.00 refund might be good for keeping us in the dark or free content.

    I used to play MAG and THAT was support. The devs of this game act like they don't care about the community anymore after they dissapointed us for a 2nd time...

    We want information. This is the official forum for this game isn't it? Give me an answer....better yet, GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS AN ANSWER!

    EDIT: I think a refund might be good for those that do not wish to play/keep the game...I want to play the game, but with online co-op when it gets here. That is why I am here complaining about their unprofessionalism.

  5. #5
    It's a $15 dollar game... I agree that they should not have posted that it was an online multiplayer game, because I too purchased it for that reason. You say it's only been 9 days, that's hardly enough time to do squat. Be thankful they released it all.

    You should show some respect to the developers and actually give them some time to sort things out with the multiplayer feature. Waiting a month or two isn't going to kill you for something so epic as this game.

    In the meantime, if you still insist on complaining about a cheap $15 game:



    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
    It's a $15 dollar game... I agree that they should not have posted that it was an online multiplayer game, because I too purchased it for that reason. You say it's only been 9 days, that's hardly enough time to do squat. Be thankful they released it all.

    You should show some respect to the developers and actually give them some time to sort things out with the multiplayer feature. Waiting a month or two isn't going to kill you for something so epic as this game.

    In the meantime, if you still insist on complaining about a cheap $15 game:



    .
    Oh, i'm thankful...however, in my situation, I dont want to beat it on single player yet as I was planning on playing through on co-op with my brother. I thought that it would be online co-op so i put money on it the hour that it released on PSN...but after purchasing the game and only seeing local co-op, I did some research online.

    Last I heard they made an announcement on the 23rd or something like that that it wouldn't release on the 28th like they had hoped...I am fine and all with that, but I and am sure many others are waiting for some sort of announcement or reply to say how long and when to expect the update...

    That is the reason that I am upset...I bought the game, went to co-op and was like "oh bleep, its only local?" then did some research to see that it will be co-op, but not yet like they had said. I was fine with that...thinking maybe we would hear something from them soon?

    I'm just used to the folks over at zipper who actually respond to the community and give a damn. I posted a thread saying where the ____ is co-op and it got buried into another thread to basically be ignored...no response, no nothing...just moved...

    I just wish that they would respond to the community who has the right to be upset when they announce online co-op and then someone like me purchases it...

    I bought it for online co-op only...and guess what...I got screwed. Sure I may be over-reacting, but I heard about this game a couple of months ago...and was excited about it to make it on PS3...I was anxious to play the online co-op...and now I am sitting here waiting for a BREATH from the devs on what the status is...

    Sorry to say, but as an unsatisfied customer, I have a right to be upset and not show respect!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was some news about the DLC. It turns out, it is another bitc-hy thread about the delay... C'mon, enough already!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was official news about the DLC. It turns out, it is another bitc-hy thread about the delay... C'mon, enough already!!!!


    Why would you read the title and see it as OFFICIAL? Would they really post an OFFICIAL thread with this title? Give me a break.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    Why would you read the title and see it as OFFICIAL? Would they really post an OFFICIAL thread with this title? Give me a break.
    You're right... changed it! And dude, you don't have to be rude...

  10. #10
    Terminal Meltdown, you're easy to cheat because you are grateful for it and actually ask for more. Thanks for existing.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by xdiesp View Post
    Terminal Meltdown, you're easy to cheat because you are grateful for it and actually ask for more. Thanks for existing.
    What I want to exist is a dev of this game to actually give a damn and give us some information!

    Sorry to be so forward...but my patience has run out with this game...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    You're right... changed it! And dude, you don't have to be rude...
    I'm not the one that came to this thread stating that it is "bit-chy" mmmmk?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    Oh, i'm thankful...however, in my situation, I dont want to beat it on single player yet as I was planning on playing through on co-op with my brother. I thought that it would be online co-op so i put money on it the hour that it released on PSN...but after purchasing the game and only seeing local co-op, I did some research online.
    Step back, take a deep breath, and even go into an out of body experience to look apon yourself. What you'll see -- like most of us who appreciate this game for what is and what it will be in the near future -- is a little sniveling snot nose brat whining about not having things HIS/HER (or IT) way.

    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    Last I heard they made an announcement on the 23rd or something like that that it wouldn't release on the 28th like they had hoped...I am fine and all with that, but I and am sure many others are waiting for some sort of announcement or reply to say how long and when to expect the update...
    I know you think you're special, and probably are a "special" kid with issues, and for that, we're not making fun of you. You aren't the only person in the world that CD or Eidos is catering to. We all would like to know what is going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    That is the reason that I am upset...I bought the game, went to co-op and was like "oh bleep, its only local?" then did some research to see that it will be co-op, but not yet like they had said. I was fine with that...thinking maybe we would hear something from them soon?
    You know, I felt exactly the same way. I 100% agree with you on that. Sh:t happens dude. People make mistakes and have to sort things out to make it right. Coding isn't easy. From my understanding, this is Crystal Dynamic's first multiplayer game, so give them a break. They'll figure it out and it'll be great when they do. I'm not mad, because I know they intend to make this game online multiplayer someday. Why would they they lie? They just had some technical difficulties.

    Did did you ever once stop to think maybe they're too busy making this patch to make an offical announcement yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    I'm just used to the folks over at zipper who actually respond to the community and give a damn. I posted a thread saying where the ____ is co-op and it got buried into another thread to basically be ignored...no response, no nothing...just moved...
    Irrelevant

    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    I just wish that they would respond to the community who has the right to be upset when they announce online co-op and then someone like me purchases it...

    I bought it for online co-op only...and guess what...I got screwed. Sure I may be over-reacting, but I heard about this game a couple of months ago...and was excited about it to make it on PS3...I was anxious to play the online co-op...and now I am sitting here waiting for a BREATH from the devs on what the status is...
    ME ME ME ME ME! Selfish brat.


    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    Sorry to say, but as an unsatisfied customer, I have a right to be upset and not show respect!
    Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one... I am a satisified customer and I think this game was coded very nicely. I look forward to DLC and COOP in the future. Thank you CD for presenting what you have to offer now so we can play your brilliant game in the future as well.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    First off...

    I know someone is moderating this forum as my post was moved into another thread for who knows why...

    Eidos, CD,

    Where is information regarding the online co-op projected release date? Ever since you 'postponed' it prior to the PS3 release, I have not been able to find any statement given by you as to when it will be released...

    Can you actually try and act like you care about the community by giving a response to this post?

    I feel robbed to have purchased this game and am not getting any information about the progress of the online co-op when you had already set a release (Sep 28th) for it to be implemented...
    No there is no projected release date, because they probably do not want to disappoint us again if the date is too optimistic. Quite likely they will not tell us the date till Microsoft and Sony have actually tested it, approved it and said when it will be available. Then at least they can be sure about the date give or take a few days, due to time zone differences. Probably still the Xbox 360 players will get it first, but at least if someone gets it we can expect the rest to soon follow.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19

    Thumbs Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
    summary = flame, flame, and more flame...


    I understand that they are probably busy, but do you really think that a statement/update takes that long to do? Thats all I am asking (and am sure others are waiting for as well so don't think i'm being selfish) is that we get some sort of response. Thats all I, and am sure others, want...

    Last I read somewhere, and this was a while ago, is that they are currently testing it out and it is working as intended...how long does it take to test, and why cant they give us an update at the stage of the release? Thats all i'm aiming for...is a response from someone who actually knows...

    Sorry to upset the fanboys, but not everyone is happy with their purchase...have you seen other forums recently? I'm not alone...get over it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
    It's a $15 dollar game...

    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    get over it.

    Exactly...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
    Exactly...
    Exactly what? I payed $15 for an online co-op and guess what? No dice! How can you quote you and me who are in obvious disagreement and put it together proving a point? Makes no sense...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
    It's a $15 dollar game... I agree that they should not have posted that it was an online multiplayer game, because I too purchased it for that reason. You say it's only been 9 days, that's hardly enough time to do squat. Be thankful they released it all.

    You should show some respect to the developers and actually give them some time to sort things out with the multiplayer feature. Waiting a month or two isn't going to kill you for something so epic as this game.

    In the meantime, if you still insist on complaining about a cheap $15 game:



    .
    OHAY, I like this guy....
    8D

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    OHAY, I like this guy....
    8D
    Me too!!!

  20. #20
    People are perfectly in their right to be angry about not getting what was advertised.
    If you buy a beef burger, and find no beef (Where's the beef? lol, sorry) You would complain, no matter that it only cost 99p or whatever.
    The total price be it $15 or $150 doesn't matter, what matters is that you GET what you were told you would get.

    Now I love the game, I want to support the developers, but really, how long does it take to respond to one thread and say
    "Sorry, we ARE working on it, hold tight."

    Thats all, nothing major is it?

    Granted we don't need any more threads about this, its a well known problem now so creating more threads doesn't help. But on the other hand, don't belittle people who complain just because you think £9.99 or $15 is cheap and you don't care because to some people thats a lot of money.

    Can somebody official PLEASE just post a quick 1 minute note to say that you at least acknowledge the existance of your customers? maybe then we can stop the flood of angry posts putting people off buying the game.

    I was looking forward to level packs, more puzzles, lots and lots of DLC etc, lets not have it all end in tears now eh.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofer View Post
    People are perfectly in their right to be angry about not getting what was advertised.
    If you buy a beef burger, and find no beef (Where's the beef? lol, sorry) You would complain, no matter that it only cost 99p or whatever.
    The total price be it $15 or $150 doesn't matter, what matters is that you GET what you were told you would get.

    Now I love the game, I want to support the developers, but really, how long does it take to respond to one thread and say
    "Sorry, we ARE working on it, hold tight."

    Thats all, nothing major is it?

    Granted we don't need any more threads about this, its a well known problem now so creating more threads doesn't help. But on the other hand, don't belittle people who complain just because you think £9.99 or $15 is cheap and you don't care because to some people thats a lot of money.

    Can somebody official PLEASE just post a quick 1 minute note to say that you at least acknowledge the existance of your customers? maybe then we can stop the flood of angry posts putting people off buying the game.

    I was looking forward to level packs, more puzzles, lots and lots of DLC etc, lets not have it all end in tears now eh.
    You said it best...that's all i'm asking for. The fanboys who have posted on my thread who think that what the devs are doing is acceptable are out of their mind...

    Kudos for you fanboys who are patient enough to ignore the fact that the devs leaving us in the dark for this long is considered acceptable.

    You are right, saying that $15 isn't alot of money, of course it isn't, but I think the burger analogy posted above hit it right on the dot.

    Have you ever been dissapointed with service at a restaurant with a meal and sent it back, made a fuss, or lowered your tip because of dissapointment? Of course you have...we all have...so why don't I have a right to be angry again fanboys?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx
    The fanboys who have posted on my thread who think that what the devs are doing is acceptable are out of their mind...

    Kudos for you fanboys who are patient enough to ignore the fact that the devs leaving us in the dark for this long is considered acceptable.
    It's kinda funny, I read through this thread and immediately thought of the iPhone 4 and how much problems they had at launch. Apple gave a press conference 21 days after the problem was discovered that affected millions of customers. 21 days. That's 3 weeks. Not a very long time. But yet, people were complaining within MINUTES of the launch.

    I'm sure the same holds true here. I'm sure they are working on it, but you guys have to learn to not be so freakin' impatient. "I want my online co-op as advertised! False advertising!" Just sayin...all your whining and complaining is NOT going to speed things up. It just makes you look like someone who didn't get their bottle this morning.

    And I'm not a fanboy for CD either. I just feel that the level of patience shown by gamers and the demand that is given to developers for a never-before-seen level of perfection is just downright insulting to the software industry. Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to test out games and software before releasing them to millions of consumers where each and every one of them might have a different configuration (particularly on PC)? My guess is no. Probably 90% of people who buy games have NO IDEA about the process that a company goes through to release a video game, and they don't care either; as long as the product is working to their expectations. This level of ignorance in people today is something that just makes EVERYONE sound like a bunch of whiners when they say "What the hell, I paid $ for this game, I demand you fix it!" Software companies work their asses off so that we can have entertainment at a VERY reasonable price. The fact that this game only cost $15 is a *bargain*, yet here most people are feeling like they got ripped off.

    I'm sorry, but if you think $15 for a 10-hour-multiplayer-puzzle-platforming game is unreasonable then you have no business complaining about anything dealing with video games.

    So the game was released without online co-op? Big whoop. They said it's coming, so why don't we all just go play the game without the online (local co-op is amazing) and then revisit this topic when they finally release it and you run into problems with your network connection
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

  23. #23
    Here is the last official statement that I remember & this was posted back on 22nd September 2010 by Keir:

    Hi. On behalf of Crystal we're sorry the online co-op isn't available from day one. Obviously this isn't ideal. Tons of work has been going on behind the scenes. The key thing is we want the online co-op to be as good as possible, so we're not going to release it until it's ready. Thanks very much for your patience, everyone. In the meantime you can play local co-op which is tons of fun. I'll keep you all updated with the progress on this front and the update will of course be free.

    Good job that the update will be free...LOL!!!

    Link: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113696

    Keir promised that he would keep us updated, so I would expect some news soon.
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

  24. #24
    Don't be intimidated by anals, they enjoy being screwed by Eidos over 15$ but we normal people don't. Think instead:

    - Next time, don't expect a Eidos game features to be true: ask on the forums first.
    - Don't expect a Eidos game to have any support. We are suckers to them.
    - Who am I kidding, don't buy Eidos games in the first place.

    Power to the people!

  25. #25
    you start fighting without me? ok let see..

    1) the game is unfinished <same story as underworld>
    2)do you people actually believe that eidos is going to fix anything? <eidos doesn't care>
    3) as for not buying their games that will kill lara..this, i don't want as many here.
    4)will some of you calm down a bit here? go at eidos offices and kill them or something it's their fault here we are just discussing..(im thinking:discussing?? yeah and im straight)

    my point is wait as i do..play other games until that online co op released and then we fight about issues..gonna be many!
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •