Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Zack Snyder to direct Nolan-produced Superman

Zack Snyder to direct Nolan-produced Superman

Zack Snyder to direct Nolan-produced Superman

From Deadline:

Breaking: Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new installment of Superman for Warner Bros. Snyder was on a short list of directors that Deadline revealed recently, who met with the studio and producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas. Snyder is an inspired choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros., a visual stylist whose efforts for the studio include 300, Watchmen, and the upcoming Suckerpunch.

At least we know it'll look beautiful.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Sucker Punch looks visually beautiful. I can't wait to see what Zach does with Superman, especially since he recreates the aesthetic of what he's adapting faithfully (300, Watchmen, etc).

snyder also did the remake of Dawn of the Dead i believe, he has some good films under his belt.

Here's the trailer for his upcoming film, sucker punch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR5RaZupoO4

He definitely knows how to shoot a great-looking action scene. Come on, samurai with machine guns, zombie Nazis, dragons...?

I wonder if Snyder's involvement means that Animal Logic will be the primary special effects providers?

The only thing that worries me right now is if he'll keep the Superman suit looking like Superman or if he'll do something lame. I mean, this is the guy who changed Nite Owl's costume because the original was too campy...

But other than that, the dude knows what hes doing in the visual sense and the guys behind the story know what they're doing in the story department, obviousl, so this really could become a perfect storm.

Now all we need is a Hans Zimmer score.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

All i want is an emotional movie where we see the daily avarage joe Clark Kent with his job, his cranky boss, his girl of the dreams, his fortress of solitude among other things. I want a movie that can argue the false believers that Superman is a very relatable character, as each and every one of us here has a job/school (and well, those less fortunate might be unemployed right now), we have our own "fotress of solitude" in the form of music, joggling and so forth. We probably also got that woman/man of our dreams whenever it is the girl at the cafe or your work mate, who knows!

Atleast we know the movie will indeed be very visually pleasing, my conclusion:

Hopefully, Larry Fong will come aboard as DP for the project, considering that he's Snyder's photographer of choice.

Nolan producing + Snyder directing = an awesome movie, no matter what it's based on.

Question is, who will he get to portray the man of steel.

Any ideas?

Sucker Punch looks amazing, I will be watching out for that
    You wanna' know how I got these scars??

Originally Posted by Renegade_1975
    Question is, who will he get to portray the man of steel.

Any ideas?

Well since the movie isn't gonna feature an origin hopefully we'll see Clark settled in to his daily routine.

Though I think the problem people have with Superman's relatability isn't that they don't realize he has a crappy job with a cranky boss, its that they think he has no reason to have that job in the first place.

And Tom Welling had better not play Superman in the movie. Hell no.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Well since the movie isn't gonna feature an origin hopefully we'll see Clark settled in to his daily routine.
    Hopefully we'll just see him zipping around Metropolis taking machine gun fire in the eye and not Squealing 'Ouch'... Like Tom Welling would

Though I think the problem people have with Superman's relatability isn't that they don't realize he has a crappy job with a cranky boss, its that they think he has no reason to have that job in the first place.
    Exactly, and not forgetting Clark Kent is supposed to be mild mannered, a little clumsy, and not an angst ridden emo punk.. Like how Tom Welling plays him.

If he does, I'll get Batman to beat him up. Or at least get someone to make a Mod that makes all the Thugs in AA look like Tom Welling, and then beat the living crap out of all of 'em....

Where did you get this info?
    Ok,Imma try it again.
    Okay,nevr thought I'd say this.But he's the only other guy I can think of.

Zack Snyder? Called it.

I'm praying my arse off that Tom Welling is the new Superman, I so badly want this to be a Smallille movie...

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    Try again... Please?

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    Zack Snyder? Called it.
    First the action figures,now this.This is what I have to say:DAMN YOU AND YOUR PREPOSITIONAL POWERS.
    Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I'm praying my arse off that Tom Welling is the new Superman, I so badly want this to be a Smallille movie...
    Yay.

It was stated a few months ago that it won't be an origin story.

And I doubt it'll be a Smallville movie. That would mean knowing the backstory would require watching 10 seasons of a TV show. Hardly an effective reboot.

Tom Welling shouldn't be Superman anyway. Too much of a girl. Ed Norton shouldn't play him either, too much of a stick. If I had to pick someone off the top of my head I'd pick Jon Hamm.

Deadline has updated their breaking news story with an e-mailed statement from Snyder himself, who confirms that he will start Man of Steel after finishing post-production on Sucker Punch:

UPDATE: Deadline spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into the Man of Steel. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder told Deadline. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Update: This just in from The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit: Superman's villain in THE MAN OF STEEL will be General Zod!
    From AintItCool.

Kneel before zod!

More from Slashfilm, confirming that two of their sources also say Zod is the main villain:

We still don’t know much about the project. We certainly don’t know how Goyer apparently “cracked” the character of Superman. But we have confirmed one thing — the villain of the film will be…

General Zod!

The Hollywood Reporter claims that Goyer’s script is “rumored” to have a connection to the original Richard Donner film, and Zod is at the center of this new story. While THR uses the word “rumor”, I have heard that Zod is the villain from two other independent high placed sources.

Now that he's been confirmed, LA Times released their interview with Snyder from today about directing Superman:

In the midst of the news that 300 & Watchmen director Zack Snyder, is in talks to helm the return of the last son of Krypton, Snyder recently chatted with Geoff Boucher of the LA Times.

“I feel awesome-I feel super awesome.” Snyder said earlier today. “I can’t say why they came to me other than the fact that they know I have a fondness for the character and a real desire to understand him and present him to a new audience,” Synder said. “The challenge is huge but you know with Chris and Emma and Debbie I have a lot of people I can rely on. And Chris and David have given this the shape with a great story. It is a hard character to crack."

“I think he is viable, yes,” Snyder said. “He endures. We all want to know, ‘How will he come to us now?’ He is the biggest and the baddest of them all. The greatest of them all, right? We all want to know how the next chapter takes shape. I want to know how it will take shape.”

Snyder says he met with Nolan at ShoWest in Las Vegas in March and their conversations about the possibilities of the Superman revival gathered momentum through the months.

And produced by Christopher Nolan, The Man Of Steel's script is written David Goyer, which is rumored to have, like "Superman Returns," a Richard Donner connection. And according to THR, in this movie's case, it's a villain connection: General Zod.

Expect to see the Man of Steel fly in theaters 2012!

From Slashfilm's twitter, they confirm one candidate who Snyder isn't considering:

Zack Snyder told Variety that Brandon Routh "isnt likely to don the red and blue tights again", in case you thought otherwise

Good!

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last