Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: Zack Snyder to direct Nolan-produced Superman

Zack Snyder to direct Nolan-produced Superman

Its gone on for four years and its going to go on for another two at least. Thats a six year story arc with multiple twists and turns and changes to status quo. Frank Miller wrote a four issue origin story. For one creator's vision to take over their biggest property for six years and introduce all sorts of bizarre changes and alterations (worst of all is replacing Bruce with Dick, then keeping Dick as Batman of Gotham City), I think its definitely sullying the main continuity. I don't think any writer should have their pet project going for six years in the main continuity. I think that if they want to screw around that much they should be given their own Earth to do it in.

I was just hoping it would be coming to an end with Bruce coming back and taking the mantle off of Dick and getting things back to the way they should be and then we get Batman Inc dropped on us.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Yeah they truly are ruined. Suspense, variety, Bruce Wayne being interesting and showcasing the vast history of Batman in such great light. How about you give these books a change? Would you truly think Batman is ruined if Frank Miller made a sequel to TDKSA where Batman & the Sons of Batmen go global to ensure more global peace as they need change in the world? You can't really argue it ruins your character, unless you read it yourself.

This same stuff can easily happen with Superman and already is going with Nolan's Batman. People feeling different incarnations are ruining their character. Hyper realism with Batman, and what can happen with Superman? JMS decided to add "edge" to his new incarnation of Superman by making him an Avenger. David Goyer liked this comic book, so what if he and Snyder decide to make him the avenger of lost Krypton? Will we see people screaming how this ruined their character, or will people judge the actual product by going to see it?

Which actually is interesting question using Earth One Supes as an example. Current comics are very popular by either being all street level cool and/or high sci-fi Neo Silver age story telling. Now both themes still got your dark villains, but would we truly see Warner Brothers trying to capture the new audience with something like an more avenging Superman?
    I don't think you're taking into account the other part of my post. They are new ideas, yes, but that doesn't mean they're great. And as I've said before everybody has their own opinion. Just because you like all of Morrison's Batman doesn't mean that I have to like it.

It's the same as the love/hate scale on ASBAR. Everyone who likes a character or series has some kind of personal vision and attachment to them that they like to follow. This is often why they prefer some incarnations over others, or avoid stories and materials with outweighing elements that they don't care for and in turn pursue those with noticeable traits they actually like. For example, you hate Batman: Hush, but I love it.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but it seems that every time you disagree with me on a point I feel further insinuated as a die-hard, blindly loyal Miller fanboy. This isn't the case at all. I despise TDKSA, and the elements in ASBAR that I dislike keep me from liking it as much as I would otherwise, and some of his other works just don't do it for me at all (Especially in film. Looking at you, Robocop 3 and The Spirit...)

I find myself attached to visions of Batman that are more familiar and have been established as seemingly permanent over a long period of time. Ever since Morrison's run he has been tearing down those personal elements I like the most and turning it into something else entirely which I happen to dislike.
    is as despicable to me as Spider-Man unmasking himself on national television in Civil War. He might as well

So I'm not refusing to see the upside of things I dislike, and the downside of things I like. I've pointed out my problems with Miller already, even though overall I'm still a supporter, and think that the impact of his good works outweigh the bad (to me). And I acknowledge that Grant Morrison is an incredibly talented writer, doubtlessly, and I've read some stories by him that have made me very impressed and entertained, but that doesn't change that I still think the majority of his plans as far as Batman are some of the stupidest things I've ever heard of for the series.

But I guess there's no really point in saying all this, I've found I've always been a black sheep among fan communities. If you don't disagree with me, someone else certainly will.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...70#post1518870

Didn't wanna derail this thread more. Sorry about that!

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    That was his point.
    No, I proved my point that the comment was flame bait and that he would reach negatively if I insulted his comment

Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    No, I proved my point that the comment was flame bait and that he would reach negatively if I insulted his comment
    Right now you're justifying my original comment, since only a fanboy would think what I said was flamebait.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Right now you're justifying my original comment, since only a fanboy would think what I said was flamebait.
    LOL I hate you!

I suppose it would be funny to see how people would react...

Well if we ever get a justice league, I hope superman isn't this big of a douche
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1t...eature=channel

He is never been near that big of a douche
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

David S. Goyer wrote the introduction to Geoff Johns' Superman: Secret Origin Deluxe Edition that his screenplay for the upcoming Superman movie was inspired by Johns' Superman stuff, especially Secret Origin. Johns' Brainiac is pretty much the perfect mix of a mad scientist and a power house, so i approve of that Brainiac atleast.

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345