Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guardian of Light - first playthrough

I have to agree with you Nemesis on the replay value. I've not even finished the game and I can't wait to get back to the start to play it again. I'm also looking forward to playing in coop with a friend

Level 7 - Flooded Passage

Another brilliant little Raid, with emphasis on 'brilliant'. Just wish the levels were bigger and we could get lost in them for hours *sigh*

Level 8 - Jaws of Death

Met Chompy today and boy was he something Was glad to finally get him spiked and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    Did you guys get the score challenge done for the
    and if so, how did you do it? My friend and I had to spend quite a bit of time to get the gold on this one.

It's interesting too, I was happily surprised to find that the level of replay value in this game shot up by a lot when you consider there are time/score/item/monster challenges in each level. It would probably be impossible to complete them all in one playthrough (by that I mean on the first run-through of any given level).

I would be very interested to see if anyone has managed to do it though.
    I didn't find this one nearly as hard as the Spider Tomb. To beat that score challenge you pretty much have to
    For this one, you just need to

I agree about the replayability. It would be impossible to beat both the time and score challenges on any level in the same playthrough.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

Quote Originally Posted by stellalune View Post
    I didn't find this one nearly as hard as the Spider Tomb. To beat that score challenge you pretty much have to
    For this one, you just need to

I agree about the replayability. It would be impossible to beat both the time and score challenges on any level in the same playthrough.
    Well the hard part for my friend and I was getting enough points to get both of us to have the gold medals for scoring. We had to take turns getting all of the points
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

i acttually beat the score on it at around my 6 try if i remember..and im preety sure im in the top 50 in the leaderboards..last time i check i was 37
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

That's pretty good play Denis, I'm not a good player at that standard, but I enjoy taking my time and exploring everywhere. I'm going to have to quit playing for now though I think and buy a controller. The PC keyboard controls are too fiddly and I keep hitting the wrong keys

i know..xbox controllers work perfectly..actually im not a super duper player either..i was pretty angry with that level and i give my best and careful not to die or get hit by a spidy on the way to lost my artifacts powers

Level 9 - Twisting Bridges

Amazingly good level and fun to play. Although not Tomb Raider, this does make a nice fill in between major releases, as they said. To be honest though, I'm glad this isn't Tomb Raider as I'm missing being left in peace to explore and platform. Excellent for the younger Tomb Raiders among us, but still fun for us older ones.

Twisting Bridges was among my favorite levels in GoL
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

I think I'd enjoy it more if I had a controller and wasn't using the keyboard I'll have to get one

Level 10 - Fiery Depths

Another brilliant level and completely absorbing but it's intense and it's a fight from start to finish. Very little relaxing exploration and platforming here!

Level 11 - Belly of the Beast

I usually hate boss levels but this one was rather good and I actually enjoyed it.

wow! these places are epic! i haven't played after level 6 i waiting for the co op update..george please tell me you have a ps3 too!

No, I only have a PC. I'm going to have to buy two controllers though as I want to play it again with my girlfriend. The coop should be really good

it is because my friend and me have tried it..it's better for fun but i recommend single player for the challenges and stuff

Co-op is better!

Denis, how can u say that single is better than co-op?! And George you're on the right lines for getting controllers! The keyboard controls are horrid cuz i don't know if it's our computer but if i try to jump up diagonal left when were running and holding the space bar to get ready we have to let go of the arrows to jump and press the again to get her to move in the air! Tell me if dats normal plz! It's just dat direction.

Regards,
    YoshiMad08
    TR Portal

Tomb Raider Portal - For info and more from Legend and up!

Click here to email me!
    What? Do you expect me to have a good signiture?

@YoshiMad: I think Denis was just saying it's easier to beat some of the challenges in the single-player game, since you don't have to worry about both players keeping up with each other or not getting hit and losing relic power. I don't think I could have beaten most of the time and score challenges in co-op. But I guess it's possible. Maybe you and your co-op parner are more in sync than we are.

no no i just saying that beating the challenges in a level single player is easier because of the score challenges that require both players to have a high score and that you need to help your partner at points etc..so better single player for the challenges but multiplayer is more fun because of multiplayer and sharing ideas! thanks stella!

Exclamation Actually, no!

Actually stellalune, my partner (my uncle) is the most out of sync person in the world! If u tell him not to do something he'll do it and die!
    LOL!

Regards,
    YoshiMad08

Tomb Raider Portal

Click here to email me!
    What? Do you expect me to have a good signiture?

Level 12 - Stronghold Passage

Stronghold passage was another really fun level with lots of rolling balls to find. I love this kind of gameplay.

Level 13 - The Mirror's Wake

I have neither the fingers nor the inclination to learn to be this adept at using a keyboard or a controller. Who invented Boss fights and wrote them into the gameplay bible anyway? That bible should be rewritten.

Level 14 - Xolotl's Stronghold

An ordeal this was, entertaining it was not. Bring back Eric please

Playing it now on coop with XBox PC controllers. Totally different game altogether and much more entertaining playing with someone. I'll buy the next one

Is this Tomb Raider like Age of mythology or Tomb Raider legend.
    Dragons breath fire. I breath water.

It's nothing like Legend, it's a shoot em up for younger Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by christo1 View Post
    Is this Tomb Raider like Age of mythology or Tomb Raider legend.
    George is right; it's nothing like the Tomb Raider series. Rather it's more like an isometric shooter/dungeon crawl starring Lara Croft. Lots of fun though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast