Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Are yeh still playing K&L2

Are yeh still playing K&L2

Interesting x2...
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

I love how they said they were coming out with patches, never did, and yet you fanboys still stood up for them, absolute idiots.

Actually they did come out with a patch (360), Einstein.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by ARustyFirePlace
    I love how they said they were coming out with patches, never did, and yet you fanboys still stood up for them, absolute idiots.
    Stood up for them? The vast majority of us were pissed off, disappointed, or both. It was usually both.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

And some of us still are... In my case, I'm still pissed off about the locked on-disc content. That's just theft. Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea and fuck whoever at IO went along with this.

My anger faded away a while ago, and only crushing disappointment remains.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I still play it once in a while. Whenever I'm online and I'm not playing with friends, I usually boot this up. It feels awkward being the optimistic one around here though.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

yeah...

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    I still play it once in a while. Whenever I'm online and I'm not playing with friends, I usually boot this up. It feels awkward being the optimistic one around here though.
    Yeah...I got one of my brothers to get a 360, he did not like the spilscreen in k&L2, so we are not going to play that together...

We are planning on some borderlands together, and then im going to pay for gold service again, ...

...but im keeping my copy, still planning on playing through K&L2 with somebody

Bought a new Limited Edition copy of Dog Days (PS3 version) at a very cheap price on eBay. Got it today in my mailbox so that's what I'll be playing until Deadly Premonition (360) and/or Alien Anthology (Blu Ray collection) are in.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    And some of us still are... In my case, I'm still pissed off about the locked on-disc content. That's just theft. Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea and fuck whoever at IO went along with this.
    I have to say that I don't understand why some people feel entitled to get DLC content for free simply because it's on the disk (which the FA levels aren't by the way). It's like being angry about not being able to have a third scoop of ice cream for free at the parlour because "it's right there! already made!" What difference does it make whether the content is locked on disk or whether it's locked on a server? Either way, you haven't paid for it. As in any transaction, the seller sets the price and you are free to buy or to pass. There are no false claims or trickery involved.
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Gamers pay full price and expect a full game. The standard edition doesn't say on the box: this game has content locked away on the disc for you to buy later on, even if you bought this game at full price from a retailer. Nor does the limited edition say: weapons & masks are already on the disc. So yes, there is trickery involved.

That's like selling a movie dvd/blu ray at full price with all extra's included and yet demanding another 5€ from the buyer after the disc is inserted if they want to listen to the audio commentary or view the making of.

Such practices are typical for this generation of gaming which reminds us, once again, why last-gen was better.
    If you decide to play along with this corporate rubbish that's your problem. Just know that you, as a gamer, are getting royally assraped no matter how you look at it.

ps: I know about the maps not being on the disc. It would've pissed me off even more if they were.

Weather it's trickery or not, it's bad practice anyway.
    Part of the problem arise from believing that a consumer actually pays for what's in the disc, wich isn't actually true, we pay for a licence, the dvd is more like a backup. Then when you play the game and see that it already is set up to sell you other stuff, you ask yourself why couldn't they add it with the full game aswell? Maybe it's because it wasn't fisnished yet, as from gold to actually having your copy in your hands pass quite some time.

But most of all, everybody hates these things, and I hardly doubt that they make the difference in the economic success of the game, so just why not just wait a month and then release them for free? it's all free publicity, your costumer will love you for it and you get some "street cred". The way I see it, it's just a dumb move.

Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    I have to say that I don't understand why some people feel entitled to get DLC content for free simply because it's on the disk (which the FA levels aren't by the way). It's like being angry about not being able to have a third scoop of ice cream for free at the parlour because "it's right there! already made!" What difference does it make whether the content is locked on disk or whether it's locked on a server? Either way, you haven't paid for it. As in any transaction, the seller sets the price and you are free to buy or to pass. There are no false claims or trickery involved.
    http://m.reference.com/d/search.html?q=nickel+and+dimed

Number 3 is the most accurate, alright.

Look at what happened to me with the PS3 version of the game. I was just about to finish my first playthrough of this version on Extreme when this happened after the ending sequence ended. Instead of ending credits I got this. My second try I got this.

I'll reboot the console and the game and start over. I want my Dead Men Rising trophy. (EDIT: Alright, console & game reboot fixed it.)

So I tried playing this again today, since I had the time. I didn't really enjoy myself. There's this glitch I'm getting where when I am downed, the screen just becomes all fuzz. Basically, whenever I get downed in multiplayer, all I see is something like this along with a few drops of blood, even after I get up. Needless to say, I found it very hard to play the game.

To boot, the many of the few remaining players just trash talk, use abusive language over the mikes and purposely make games of cops and robbers uneven. It's far worse than it was a few weeks ago.

So basically, the multiplayer has gone all to hell and I don't plan on touching it again unless some buddies are playing. Which is a shame, because I still quite like the multiplayer.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

The game is badly misunderstood even by its own fans and perhaps deserves a lot better if people were only willing to reasses their perceptions from the first game (least I believe).

18. s.t.e.f is obviously high and doesnt know what he is talking about

and this is coming from a stoner police officer.

Originally Posted by s.t.e.f.
    The game is badly misunderstood even by its own fans and perhaps deserves a lot better if people were only willing to reasses their perceptions from the first game (least I believe).
    It's not really misunderstood, after all there wasn't whole lot to not understand.

It was short, with no replay value and very limited multi-player. Sure the voice acting, camera style, and concept was fantastic but that doesn't make the game...at least not for me.

The whole DLC shenanigans just blew everything out of the water.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12