Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Deciever Class Abilities REVEALED!

New Deciever Class Abilities REVEALED!

Big Grin New Deciever Class Abilities REVEALED!

Hey guys!
    I was just going trough the audio files of the game when I came across some files for what they called the "MindVamp". I'm just making an educated guess that this is the upcoming Deciever Class.

Abilities mentioned in the files are:
    - Backstab
    - Disguise
    - Dominate Mind
    - Illusion
    - Phase
    - Feign Death (not sure)

This to me actually looks like a pretty awesome class Very Excited!

Cheers,
    Eric

Thanks for the post but we already know what the Deceiver abilities are. The devs showed a vid of him ages ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sovPU282Vso&t=13m5s
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Ah well, that's a fail on my side xD Thought I'd discovered something ^^
    Thanks for the reply

Well, the "Phase" and "Feign Death" are completely new to us, provided they're true/correct.

Would Phase possibly mean they can move through walls and such? And Feign Death too would be so fun to play with.

Feign Death was already part of files for quite some time...

I had no idea Feign Death was a thing. That is AWESOME. With the Deceiver, humans will already have to worry about shooting their own teammates from time to time to make sure they're not about to be back-stabbed, and now humans will have the extra anxiety of deciding whether they should be taking the time to shoot at nearby corpses, or keep an eye out for diving Sentinels and leaping Reavers.

I guess a lot of other people are aware of these Deceiver abilities, but I appreciate the post, Epicaleric!

Originally Posted by Diexna
    Would Phase possibly mean they can move through walls and such?
    The devs have already discussed that, short version from what I can recall, the answer is "no" because of risks getting stuck and glitching out the map and such.
    signature image

San Marcos, California, USA, North America, Earth
    So a team of 4, all with feign death, could sit around and set up ambushes xD
    I certainly hope this is the case, it could be fun to mess around with.
    signature image

Hahaha, awesome signature, Viridian

Hmm, is it just me or Feign Death would fit a Melchahim better?
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 15th Apr 2014 at 18:50.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Yeah that signature is hilarious!

Phase does not allow you to pass through walls.

Feign Death will not launch with the Deceiver. We're still tuning it to be a fun, usable ability. The idea is great in concept (as you've illustrated with your posts) but has some functional problems, e.g. Humans start shooting every Deceiver corpse just to be sure.

We love the gameplay of lying in wait as a dead body, popping up, and shanking people. But it needs a bit more development love before it goes out to you guys.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Phase does not allow you to pass through walls.

Feign Death will not launch with the Deceiver. We're still tuning it to be a fun, usable ability. The idea is great in concept (as you've illustrated with your posts) but has some functional problems, e.g. Humans start shooting every Deceiver corpse just to be sure.

We love the gameplay of lying in wait as a dead body, popping up, and shanking people. But it needs a bit more development love before it goes out to you guys.
    thats going to be so much fun, can you say when deceiver is coming to beta?
    signature image

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Originally Posted by shinros
    Yeah that signature is hilarious!
    xD thanks, guys!

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey

I think it's an awesome concept and I totally can't wait. Maybe you should make the Deceiver able to change to a human body before laying on the ground? And on top of that, allow other vampires to drag the body. Now that could cause some turmoil if an apparent human body just randomly sprang up, after the Humans chased a Vampire off of the corpse
    signature image

That is such a good idea viridian its awesome I like it.

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    thats going to be so much fun, can you say when deceiver is coming to beta?
    At Pax when asked about the Deceiver evolved skin, I believe it was Eric that thought he asked when the Deceiver was coming out and they said "hopefully some time next week."

I don't like the idea of Feign Death for the Deceiver, if only because humans are going to just start shooting every corpse they see, in my opinion it should be converted to an ability for the Melchiahim vampires involving them burrowing under the ground.
    signature image

A human feign death might have more potential ... vampire goes to feed and then SUDDENLYPEWPEWBULLETSINTHEYFACE.

Could also work for baiting vampires to attack, thinking the group is 3 humans instead of 4.

Originally Posted by Khalith

I don't like the idea of Feign Death for the Deceiver, if only because humans are going to just start shooting every corpse they see, in my opinion it should be converted to an ability for the Melchiahim vampires involving them burrowing under the ground.

Considering that he can already use illusions, it would perhaps make sense to have the feign death ability have an illusionary corpse appear a short distance from where you are actually laid, so shooting the corpse wouldn't solve anything.

There's a lot to consider with a fake death ability. How will the enemy team see it? Will somebody get a score if you "fake" your death while being shot at? Will the score just be temporary? If you shoot a Deceiver and don't recieve a kill when he "dies" then it'd be obvious he's faking it.

I'm thinking that Feign Death would have to be, rather than a mechanic that would let you just lie on the ground waiting to get the jump on somebody, making humans paranoid of every dead vampire they see, something to simply get out of trouble.

Why not make it more of an escape mechanic instead? Popping Feign Death will drop a fake body at your location and you turn invisible momentarily, allowing you to get out of trouble. Some people could possibly use this for the invisibility effect to backstab somebody, but that would leave you with no way of getting out of there if things don't work out. Saving Feign Death until after you've Deceived your way in and backstabbed someone will let you hopefully get away as the entire enemy team turns on you.

I'm still curious as to how to deal with the scoreboard/score system. Do Deceivers have the power to manipulate that as well? As I said earlier, temporarily giving the last person who damaged you a score until the invisibility wears off. It could either make or break the entire idea.

Originally Posted by Khalith
    At Pax when asked about the Deceiver evolved skin, I believe it was Eric that thought he asked when the Deceiver was coming out and they said "hopefully some time next week."
    That's correct and evolved skin will be taken care of once they have 3 more vampires out. So they basically make them in groups.

Originally Posted by Wheel_of_Kain
    That's correct and evolved skin will be taken care of once they have 3 more vampires out. So they basically make them in groups.
    you mean evolved skins that havent been shown already...like fr the deciever and whatever other classes
    signature image

you mean evolved skins that havent been shown already...like fr the deciever and whatever other classes
    Right, at Pax they mentioned making three more evolved skins not including the three we have now. Take the implications of that however you wish. ;P
    signature image

to me it means all six clans eventually
    signature image

Originally Posted by Calverp
    Considering that he can already use illusions, it would perhaps make sense to have the feign death ability have an illusionary corpse appear a short distance from where you are actually laid, so shooting the corpse wouldn't solve anything.
    That's a pretty good idea, but then the only problem with that is that humans would have a ridiculously hard time finding a Deceiver while in corpse-mode. I think it should be balanced in a way where if Humans do find the right corpse, they should be able to break the illusion. Besides shooting all around at the ground everywhere, or using an AoE.

I like your idea though, it could go places, I think.
    signature image

If you really wanna play mind games? How about an ability that makes a human momentarily appear as a Deceiver while also making them vulnerable to friendly fire during that moment?

Picture it, a human rushing to his team from around a corner; but the second he circles that corner and is seen by his team they open fire, gunning him down, not realizing until its too late that it was all an illusion.

Basically, I mean that right now they have (and soon will launch) first 3 skins for first 3 classes (Reaver, Tyrant, Sentinel), And when they have next 3 classes, they will work on evolved skins for them.

And when I said "that's correct" I was reffering to Deciever being released within a week or so. Was in a rush so had to crump the sentence.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last