Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Anticheat system

Anticheat system

Anticheat system

Just finished a match on a European server (EU 268937) and we had an issue with an opposing player using a Hunter that was moving way faster than he seemingly should have been able to. On a straight run, he was able to outrun the Sentinel's flight and a sprinting Reaver until the Hunter was able to lose them. I'm not 100% sure this is a glitch or not, but it was a very odd occurrence. Anyone else encountered this, or is this a normal thing?

(click image to enlarge)

You think that gives you the right to speed hack yourself?

I have footage of this guy speedhacking today. I'd love to direct it to the devs.

Seriously lol good luck, tell me how to do it: D so i ma also a chance have

You think it's an idle threat? That I don't? Nvidia Shadowplay is a wonderful thing in that it's ready to go at any moment. Here's a little clip of you that took me only a moment to render just for response. Can we do something about this guy?

link removed.

P.S. I just uploaded it people, so the HD takes a bit to be available on youtube. Have no worries that the quality is high enough to see his name.
    And now the HD is available.
    Last edited by killdrith; 12th Mar 2014 at 13:20.

This is odd. This forum post seems to have been merged with another so this message doesn't make sense anymore.
    Last edited by killdrith; 12th Mar 2014 at 13:21.

Going to be interesting to see a official response

(click image to enlarge)

Really already?

(click image to enlarge)

Well BETA is good for testing hacks and fixing them as well! Hopefully they can get this fixed. Old hacks used in a new game, nothing big. Still waiting for those aimbots to pop up.

doesnt matter what game it is, hackers shouldnt be let to linger. Bring down a banhammer

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by Wobbley
    Still waiting for those aimbots to pop up.
    They're there. Just not common yet, I think. No footage, but I've definitely seen perfect tracking hunters exactly once.

Also on the topic of OP speedhacking, if he's reporting it, he's doing his job as a beta tester (assuming someone didn't stupidly threaten to report him and muddle the issue).

Fought with Miesel on my team today. Speedhacking and denying it. Everyone caught on. He's clearly using it for personal gain.
    Last edited by HereticSage; 12th Mar 2014 at 00:22. Reason: Encountered him

he didn't come here to report he found a way to get speed hacks going.
    He just said that people are hacking, and described a few ways of doing it.
    Then, he got shown making use of a hack.

I just don't know what to think of you, man.
    Black Cardinal Peaches, at your service. I stream things sometimes. Wanna see?

Originally Posted by Tureil
    he didn't come here to report he found a way to get speed hacks going.
    He just said that people are hacking, and described a few ways of doing it.
    Then, he got shown making use of a hack.

I just don't know what to think of you, man.
    Or maybe this is jsut some great conspiracy and the speedhacker just used his name!? THIS IS A CONSPIRACY! I agree I am a bit confused, reporting it and then using it himself? I would like to believe he ain't that careless, so maybe a name change by another player. I wish to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lol, it´s the same guy who insulted us in the game last night. Reported.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Wow, you too. I've already reported him once for swearing/insulting.

If you do this crap in a community this small it's going to catch up with you very quickly.

steam Vac is a joke, it can't even protect from *most popular trainer engine* hacking multiplayer games :]
    They need solution like Planetside 2 have where Launcher detects hacks used or 3rd party solutions like Easy anti-cheat.

I have a suggestion what Meisel is using on this video, but Killdrith

Originally Posted by killdrith
    You think it's an idle threat? That I don't? Nvidia Shadowplay is a wonderful thing in that it's ready to go at any moment. Here's a little clip of you that took me only a moment to render just for response. Can we do something about this guy?

Meisel, the lamer.
    Killdrith, don't you need to hide this video from public, there is option "only those who have links".

I have a theory what Meisel is using on this video, which developer is exactly works with the hacks and such things, so i can report directly ?
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

It was my understanding that the NDA was lifted. Is there a reason that this should be hidden?

It was my understanding that the NDA was lifted. Is there a reason that this should be hidden?
    Not really no, you are free to keep it public.

No reason for it to be hidden, NDA lifted and it's your youtube channel. However, most game forums have a strict no naming and shamming policy. It's believed (by the developers of most games) that posting proof of hackers on their forums to be bad for the community.

Originally Posted by Wobbley
    Or maybe this is just some great conspiracy and the speedhacker just used his name!?
    It's steam, so don't count this out. One speed hacker I found was specifically switching between screen names I've encountered in Nosgoth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's used my name once, since I called him out while recording him.

When gathering proof I suggest taking a screenshot of the players steam profile page for future reference, since screen names are so easily changed.

There is officially no need to hide the video but it is common decency to do it.

Why you will ask.
    Showing these kind of movies will give a bad name to a game, while you did not give the devs the time to fix the hacking parts.

Normally as Tendril says there is a no name saying decency which also applies un officially if I am correct to these forums, I guess in my opinion they have to make it official.

Edit: Deputy posted the rules of the forum. Even though I think these should be stated somewhere more visible. It shows that there are rules about a no name calling policy.
    Last edited by hirukaru; 11th Mar 2014 at 20:23.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    ^Yup, got some nice screenshots too.

Killdrith I would ask you to remove the video from public since it will affect public image of nosgoth and there is this

Rule #5: Do not attack or retaliate against any member or group of members on the forums.

Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member or guest that is unwanted. This is referred to as flaming, and will not be tolerated.

This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted messages, don't attack their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

Which this falls under.
    Last edited by DeputyPotato; 11th Mar 2014 at 19:51.

*sigh*
    Normally I would not have gone through this channel, but this is HIS thread where -he- is complaining about "hackers". I'll remove it but honestly I don't see how any other response would have been appropriate for responding to him.

I've made the video private as I generally agree with the attitude.

*sigh*
    Normally I would not have gone through this channel, but this is HIS thread where -he- is complaining about "hackers". I'll remove it but honestly I don't see how any other response would have been appropriate for responding to him.

I've made the video private as I generally agree with the attitude.
    First of I find it great that you changed the movie to private and understand the situation.
    I find it great that you made a movie cause I think this is a big win.

As Raina said the issue has been reported and will hopefully be fixed asap.

I don't want to be an ass or hurt the game, but I also don't think this is harassment. He embarrassed himself. If a guy comes on the forum and states "The sky is potato", and the next guy says "No, it's not, here's a picture", is the second guy breaking the rules? I don't think we turn a blind eye for the sake of being an overly-friendly place. I also don't think the rest of the community should be blind to the actions of the first guy. He's poisoning the forum with misinformation and my post simply corrects it. If this was handled privately (my post didn't exist), the entire thread would give people the wrong idea.

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    It's steam, so don't count this out. One speed hacker I found was specifically switching between screen names I've encountered in Nosgoth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's used my name once, since I called him out while recording him.

When gathering proof I suggest taking a screenshot of the players steam profile page for future reference, since screen names are so easily changed.
    Right, you must save steam profile links of suspected players(or show in video, or make screenshots) , just because they can change nicks every game.
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... Last