Thread: Anticheat system

Anticheat system

but then they can make a different hack to insta kill the entire enemy team, or everyone except themselves. and give god mode so they could just sit there and wait for you rot reload or get bored. either way, hacking screws up everything. And the problem with not giving people a "second chance" comes from the idea that the person could have not been hacking in some instances and just got lucky. granted, being that lucky several times, well.... thats a bit of a stretch. but now they can't play at all, and they were just lucky.

Although, I personally did have a situation that happened earlier today where I was being shot by a hunter almost flawlessly through smoke as I was jumping downward as a reaver... just suspicious, not sure I would say it was hacking, since that only occured once and then never again.

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Get 3 or 4 war bows and alternate stuns on the player. Its easy when the other team doesnt help. Just make it so they cant play.
    We not going to land 3 or 4 shots if the hacker has an aim-bot.

Aimbot and Other Cheats

After playing a game the other day i was almost 100% sure that at least one of my enemies had some cheats.
    The accuracy was almost perfect, at long range as well. He also hit me as soon as I peeked my head over a building.
    After that i figures i'd look for cheats and see if there are any and I found this and it looks like what I was up against.

<Links removed>

It couldn't have just been a bad matchup. The difference between a bad matchup and that game was too big.
    Anyway I hope anti-cheat systems are being worked on because this can be a serious problem.

EDIT: Found this as well just after posting:
    <Link removed>
    Someone moved like this as well when playing vamp, i've never had an enemy just pop up behind me like in that game.
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 12th May 2014 at 16:44. Reason: Links removed due to content

There are plenty of great players who have the aim you describe without cheats (hitting an enemy at long distance when they peek their head over a building.)

Even if there weren't, that wouldn't be an excuse to go searching for / posting links to cheats in the forums.

Thank you for informing us of these hacks - they've been reported to the authorities for investigation.

Please in future report such finds through the SE Support Centre or to the Community Manager Saikocat or the forum admin Xenonetix via PM.

Hey folks

Just to follow up, as I recall, one of the links was to a video of a player who has seen been banned, I'm happy to say. The others were being looked into, so thank you for the report.

Here is some info as well from Corey at Psyonix regarding hacking:

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Just wanted to brief you guys since I've seen more and more concerns about the cheating situation.

• Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) has been enabled. However, VAC does not ban people instantly so it may take a little time for Valve's system to identify and lock out offenders.
    • We're implementing additional server-side validation that should curb some of the speed-hacking cheats we've seen.
    • Player reporting tools are in the works to allow you to report suspected cheaters or bad people in general. For now we are relying on community reporting and metrics investigation.

We take this issue very seriously and are working daily with Square-Enix and Valve to make life very difficult for these people using third party tools to gain an unfair advantage. We appreciate your patience while we sort things out.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Glad to see anti hacking already being implemented!

Tho people will always claim hackers, my self and many others I'v played with got called out for hacking, feels good to be called a hacker when you actually are not

Thanks Nosgoth! I hope for a great future of a hack free game! (hopefully)
    signature image

Originally Posted by ICantPauseItMom
    Glad to see anti hacking already being implemented!

Tho people will always claim hackers, my self and many others I'v played with got called out for hacking, feels good to be called a hacker when you actually are not

Thanks Nosgoth! I hope for a great future of a hack free game! (hopefully)
    LOL!
    signature image

My opinion on ingame player-reporting can cause stupid players to report a player because they play too good. But most multiplayer games have this feature, not sure on your opinion.

Luckily the current Nosgoth community is very friendly and mature, not like those kids who call out stupid crap because you reach 27k damage as a human hunter.

Maybe someday I will reach 30k

So hacks are here, when can we see them gone? Links

<removed>

After I bought vampire pack I played solo for a while and had a lot of fun. I ran into some beastmode players and thought I just needed to get better. A week later My friends and I were getting sniped across crazy distances for just poking heads around corners. The link I posted was #1 on google. Might be a scam but then I looked at youtube hackers strutting their stuff. It seems now that every game we play we got some 40+ guy killing us mid leap/flight/head poke around corner. Maybe I'm wrong and these guys are just godlike. Anyone else feeling this? I'm not willing to buy/download said hacks to find out myself. Wondering the communities thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Saikocat; 29th May 2014 at 19:16.

A lot of the YouTube cheaters have been VAC banned since VAC (valve anti cheat) was enabled for Nosgoth. Are you still seeing problems regularly?

It was tonight that we experienced it, but maybe the players were just really, really good.

Just popping my head in to say I edited your post to remove the link, just to stop it spreading further.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

If you have more private locations for such links I could give you many more.

It's not really "godlike" to hit someone with a Scout charged shot though, happens all the time when only poking out for a second against good players

A lot of hackusations will probably end up on Prophets, too. The precision on dual heavies is so good that even I surprised myself.

Granted ive only been playing since the stream key giveaway but im a quick learner and up until this weekend I only had a few brush ins with players with godly aim but put it down to them simply being that good. However, this weekend I've started running into games where even a co-ordinated vamp attacks wont work against some teams because they seem to have godly aim and know where we are all the time, even if we only peek prior to revealing ourselves.

There's a huge difference between the players you suspect and these players that seem to make the game an impossible one sided slaughter fest against a team with co-ordinated attacks. It seems as though there's an epidemic.

P.S. Im not a fresh lvl 10 scrub, im over lvl 25.

I have a questions for the devs

What are the plans against aimbots and other hacks. I've noticed a couple of people who are no doubt using them and I was just kinda wondering what the plan was to stop them.

Originally Posted by spawncrazymonkey
    What are the plans against aimbots and other hacks. I've noticed a couple of people who are no doubt using them and I was just kinda wondering what the plan was to stop them.
    If you are 100% sure they are take video evidence and send it to the devs. I'm sure they would be happy to help you out with a delicious taste of ban on any undeniably guilty individuals. Teasing aside VAC is running and outright cheaters will likely get banned in short-ish order.

I would like to know if there are glitches with skills doing more damage then they should or if it is from hackers. I know one game I took over 2000 damage from a grenade launcher. Quite a few matches I have had a reaver with savage pounce jump on me doing 700 damage immediately and then extra damage from mauling. (neither of which where from them respawning and then doing it again)

Originally Posted by amov1ngtarget
    I would like to know if there are glitches with skills doing more damage then they should or if it is from hackers. I know one game I took over 2000 damage from a grenade launcher. Quite a few matches I have had a reaver with savage pounce jump on me doing 700 damage immediately and then extra damage from mauling. (neither of which where from them respawning and then doing it again)
    The thing with the current death screen is that is does NOT show single hits. It shows the ranking of the sumarized damage sources. 3x200 hits show as 600. That leaves a lot room for misinterpretation. (Besides the bugs where damage is not shown, etc)

If you survive multiple combat and get to heal/feast inbetween you can see very high damage numbers in the death screen. 2000 from a grenlauncher could mean taking 3-4shots in a fight, winning, feasting and repeating. So your total amount of health is way above the normal 1050, thus they can take away more of you.

Savage pounce is able to hit for over 700 when jumped from far away and great height.

Hacking could be involved but there are explanations within the normal framework of the game and way more likely.

Okay so even though the description for savage pounce says Damage 325-650 it can actually hit for more? Are there more skills like that?

Okay so even though the description for savage pounce says Damage 325-650 it can actually hit for more? Are there more skills like that?
    I'm pretty sure anything over 650 is falling damage from being pounced off a ledge ... so skills like abduct, throw, or dominate mind would also fall in that category.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 7th Jul 2014 at 06:30.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I'm pretty sure anything over 650 is falling damage from being pounced off a ledge ... so skills like abduct, throw, or dominate mind would also fall in that category.
    I have had them do 700 damage from just hitting me with the jump. Flat ground, no ledges. They jump on me immediately doing 700 damage and then extra mauling damage.

I have had them do 700 damage from just hitting me with the jump. Flat ground, no ledges. They jump on me immediately doing 700 damage and then extra mauling damage.
    I was under the impression that the reaver does addition damage when jumping from greater height. "Fall damage" from his fall on you.

There have been recent changes to the fall damage of the sentinel picks and the throw of the tyrant (could hit for over 800 according to a dev post, never had it personally). I imagine the reaver skills could be looked at next.

Page 5 of 23 First First 12345678915 ... Last