Thread: Anticheat system

Anticheat system

Originally Posted by Meisel
    It is happy to see you guys complaining about a game that is still a beta version. It is absolutely normal to find bugs, glitches and errors. Guys, this is a BETA-Version. Do you really think the admins won´t try to fix such problems? You don´t have to open thread by thread just to report that there is a user who seems to use bugs or hacks or anything. What do you want from me? I´m not doing anything forbidden. I´m not immortal, I don´t onehit you and I´m not invisible. You are able to kill me and if you think I´m using hacks or something report it to the admins personally. You´re busting my name. Maybe it´s my ping that is too high, maybe it´s bad connection, maybe I´m using any skills you can buy? Maybe it´s your ping or even you try to sabotate me. What if you faked the videos? I haven´t done anything wrong.
    Kiddys... and i will Deletee my Account "image" ... its defiance of my private data protection / hate speech / defamation of my profile!
    yours sincerely Meisel
    see you in the Game
    What the hell does this means ? Is it you on video or not ? If your ids are identical you will be banned, just that.
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

Hacker? or Bug?

http://www.twitch.tv/petire50/c/4004431

Watch at about 2 minutes for 30 seconds, you can see the Scout shooting too fast for the game you can also watch the rest of the video and watch him play alch later in the match.

Exclamation Anticheat system

Unfortunately, this plague already came to Nosgoth
    Just look at this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hbuv1dvtzI#t=120
    And they also seem to sell these cheating/auto-aim programms. Can they at least be banned? And maybe you already have in plans some anticheat utility?

Let's hope there will be anti-cheat support, like VAC anti-cheat.

Sigh... I really hope this game don't turn out like Combat Arms >_<
    I highly expect anti hacking after beta.

Video removed, don't know what it's about. But going by the contents of the thread so far I can guess, I hope there are anti-cheating systems in place and anyone that does use such hacks/cheats of any kind should get perma-banned from the game.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Video removed, don't know what it's about. But going by the contents of the thread so far I can guess, I hope there are anti-cheating systems in place and anyone that does use such hacks/cheats of any kind should get perma-banned from the game.
    thats the crap part of free games, easy just to make a new account.

San Marcos, California, USA, North America, Earth
    Originally Posted by ICantPauseItMom
    thats the crap part of free games, easy just to make a new account.
    Can't Steam ban computers from games by MAC address? You'd need to buy a new network card or something for your computer to get around it, I believe.
    signature image

Well, for now we NEED them.

I can hear you now: What are you talking about Irtar?

This is a closed beta test. One of the parts of a beta test is how to break the game. That includes hacks. If there are security flaws, and loops, or bad hunks of code I'd rather they catch and iron all that out now than to wait. I imagine the dev team downloads these things, and tests them themselves to see exactly what they're tinkering with.

Probably just patch for now, but I doubt we'll see bans until Open Beta comes about.

Edit: And I mean them as in the people writing all the hacks. The guys just plopping them in? Eh... not so much needed. :P

marvelous

(click image to enlarge)

While this is obviously a hack, I think it goes against a name and shame policy here.

THAT SAID... [][][][][][] is a douche.
    Black Cardinal Peaches, at your service. I stream things sometimes. Wanna see?

ya for sure, many games I'v played in beta was full of hackers, then after beta, it more or less had next to no hackers at all.
    i am hoping this is one of those games tho!

Originally Posted by Viridian24
    Can't Steam ban computers from games by MAC address? You'd need to buy a new network card or something for your computer to get around it, I believe.
    That's not correct; MAC address spoofing is extremely easy.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    That's not correct; MAC address spoofing is extremely easy.
    Ya but most kiddies who download hacks won't know how to do it.
    They can also ban hardware id.

First speed hack

just a minut ago, on european server i noticed a guy <name removed>, or something like that who did 8 autoatacks on my 1 arror shot withaut the zoom and insta tleported between 3 of our temmates

Side Note

pleas give some interface options to watch your past matchers or something, i woul relly like to gice you a details of what match that was, or is his name is not mispelled but i cant, cous i dont have my history

The match was played like 2-3 minuts ago, and my Steam acoount is Loki Lyesmyth i hope u can find the match and a guy, and more importantly prevent exploits, 3 party prgorams from using, cous next hacker may be more subtle ;(
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 8th Apr 2014 at 15:30. Reason: Usernames can't be publicly shown
    Questions wasting all my time - I see your eyes detesting mine
    Sick of a life you never had, in dead motion, you look so sad

Please do not post offenders usernames but instead please report such instances direct to either the forum admin/community manager (Xenonetix or Monkeythumbz) and then these can be looked into. Thank you

Are we going to get a "report user" option in game any time soon? :3

Originally Posted by Lyesmyth
    just a minut ago, on european server i noticed a guy <name removed>, or something like that who did 8 autoatacks on my 1 arror shot withaut the zoom and insta tleported between 3 of our temmates
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. What's an auto-attack, why does it matter whether or not you were zooming, and how do you know this isn't just packet loss?

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. What's an auto-attack, why does it matter whether or not you were zooming, and how do you know this isn't just packet loss?
    Auto-attack means left click basic attack, not sure about the other things though.

Thumbs Down

Note: I've removed the cheating players name per requestofthe admins, i'll just refer to him as <cheater> in the text.

Hey all,
    After a few dodgy players yesterday and then seeing a blatent one who was on my team today, there's no question in my mind that already we have people cheating in the beta i'm sorry to report.

I've screenshotted the results, and from the results of the match alone you can see how blatent this was.. The other guys on the same team as <cheater> (including myself) didn't even get a shot in. <cheater> was just instantly shooting any vamp that showed up around a corner.

<edit: Omitted the cheating players name per request of the admins>

I also did a small look on google to try and find the resource he used to report it.. I say sorry now to people who will rage at me posting links to sites that advertise cheating here.. i understand.. believe me. But i feel it's more important that the dev's see what cheats are occuring so that they can take a stance on trying to stamp it out and use better network validation on user input to reduce the likelyhood of cheaters getting away with it.

Here's the sites i found after a quick google search.. there will no doubt be others on 'underground' sites which won't pop up on searches too, and distributed in IRC chat channels etc.. etc..

[removed]

I pray that anti-cheat code becomes a high priority as it certainly takes 'all' of the fun out of the game.

Pic is huge.. just going to try and scale it then edit the post so it's appropriately sized
    Last edited by Bazielim; 17th Jul 2014 at 02:16. Reason: double posting

Hopefully this time people listen to these concerns.

Haha, just ran into Yolo myself like 10 mins ago...damn his reaver had like + 100% attack speed

In the game i was in with him, we had a human team of 4 hunters, and we didn't get a look in at all.. Every time a vamp appeared they were popped by <cheater>. So when the vamps started complaining in chat.. i got suspicious, then they made a point about the sheer amount of damage he'd accumulated in such a short time.. So i followed him and watched him, he seemed to glitch side to side a lot and back and forth, sometimes seemed to run faster than the rest of us but not too often... Then i saw him spin around quickly and literally destroy a vamp in a moment.. There was no 'human like' hesitation or time to aim, it was just turn and fire the very instant he turned around.. So the other humans.. including myself just pretty much had nothing to do.. it was very boring. Naturally the vamps stopped bothering to come for us too which i can totally understand. It's such a game killer. I didn't get to see him as a vamp in the next round because everyone quit the match.
    Last edited by DaiReaver; 9th Apr 2014 at 15:04.

wow ... just wow...

lets hope the dev will just ban him for now and do something about the tool...

(SPEED HACK)

Hello all, today i joined to game at 16.40, and see like some dude with nickname <name removed> kill all vamps as human with average speed of running and speed of firing with standart bolt as hunter, i have not video or screenshot, but many people can confirm my words
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 9th Apr 2014 at 17:25. Reason: Username posting not allowed

Page 3 of 23 First First 123456713 ... Last