Page 23 of 23 First First ... 131920212223

Thread: Anticheat system

Anticheat system

Originally Posted by Barbarossa1155
    I agree with kootkha. Could somebody explain to me how you can see who you are up against before the game even starts? Are they using some software or is bugusing allowed in nosgoth? Either way it is a shame those players do not face consequences for manipulating the ranked matchmaking...
    This Software is called "STEAM". It's a well known software used by every cheater.

@klaue if you would read the posts in this topic you would know that I cannot post any evidence cause naming and shaming is forbidden... why are you even that upset when I just mentioned several hints that something is wrong with those players? You already admitted that they look for their opponents themselves in a ranked game.
    I'm upset because i reply to you?

Again the noscam is just useless to find out if someone is cheating or not. You cannot even see the aim from one players point of view.
    There is improvement needed.
    Noscam is not useless if someone is cheating. It's not easy to spot cheater but you can atleast catch some cheap hacks. Wanna see how an actual aimbot looks like? Played against one in ranked yesterday. And no, he's not in eternal and it was the first cheater i saw ingame since [redacted] got banned like a month ago. Funny how he toggled off after i called him out and toggled on again after they were about to loose.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Jan 2016 at 23:42.

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Sometimes, when I looking into ESL replys I have a strange feeling that people there is playing in a quite worse way than when they were playing against me in ranked or TDM . So I wonder, how it's possible to loose "skill" at esl games, end be so overpowered at simple games. But, to be honest, I did never look into replys of their noscam battles against me, so I'm not sure of how it looks from the outside. So I rely only on my inner feelling.
    Because ESL is just a different word than pubs.. I can assure that its complelty different to play vs random guys with a low/medium skill than playing vs an organized team of skilled player. Simple as that.

And about the name changes for not beeing tracked.. lol.

Btw there is the VAC anticheat, the fairfight system, ESL wire (necessary to play ESL and u have to launch every single game with it) and every eternal player is checked before they give out the money.. so i guess every real cheater will be caught.
    Last edited by Sasha_Vykos; 15th Jan 2016 at 12:02.

Well then you are pretty lucky cause i have seen and heard of several cheaters below eternal. You said i have no knowledge about the game or what is possible with cheats and hacks. In fact i know exactly what is possible. For example some kind of aim assistance like recoil reduction and spray control. It is extremly hard to detect such things via noscam. I know you can lower your recoil etc. to a certain amount with the weapon upgrades but not that much as I saw from some players point of view. Players must be dumb to use obvious aimbots to win the eternal money.
    Nosgoth Eternal Player

Well then you are pretty lucky cause i have seen and heard of several cheaters below eternal. You said i have no knowledge about the game or what is possible with cheats and hacks. In fact i know exactly what is possible. For example some kind of aim assistance like recoil reduction and spray control. It is extremly hard to detect such things via noscam. I know you can lower your recoil etc. to a certain amount with the weapon upgrades but not that much as I saw from some players point of view. Players must be dumb to use obvious aimbots to win the eternal money.
    Yeah but norecoil/nospread/small aimassists/wh are almost impossible to detect.

Hi all. Maybe someone know such issues as mine. I played against one scout who shot me with two arrows in one shot. And more, he delivered me more then 1000 damage with two full shots. Is it cheating or just bug? You can see second arrow in the stair.

Originally Posted by colpodiGenio
    Hi all. Maybe someone know such issues as mine. I played against one scout who shot me with two arrows in one shot. And more, he delivered me more then 1000 damage with two full shots. Is it cheating or just bug? You can see second arrow in the stair.
    Take a look at the first page of this thread. It will answer your question.

@klaue That is what i said. You cannot detect it. That is a huge problem since i am sure that things like that exist. So what are we gonna do about it? I already reported one player (who i cannot name here) who streamed nosgoth while playing with this kind of cheats and i bet he is not the only one. I will see if something is going to happen in case of my report. However, the SE support is grateful for my report.

People still think there are just some standard wh and aimbots but nowadays there are more options to blur your tracks regarding cheats and hacks for example using less obvious cheats as mentioned in my last post.

Maybe I just care too much about this game...
    Nosgoth Eternal Player

Guys I wanna share something I've seen related to this 2 shots thing. This might actually be a visual bug!
    Since I've seen this thread and was aware about this '2shots hack' some people reported here. So what happened:

I've witnessed 2 different people do a single '2-shot' each during a whole match on Provance. What's more interesting one of them was in my team and in my party - a person I am quite sure would not use hacks - and NOT during an easy morning TDM stomp match and NOT with a Fire FX weapon ('hack' showoff lol?)! I've not told anyone about what I've seen and instead closely monitored the person for the rest of the match. There were no more '2shots' (Fire fx would be hard to miss) from that person. When we changed sides I saw a scout player twoshot me once. It did SINGULAR damage (was a simple noncharged shot btw). Again I closely watched the player that was even easier playing a disguise deceiver - there were no more '2shots' in the match. I have watched a 5-7min interval around that part of the match in noscam - I couldn't see any '2shots' there (but maybe I was not attentive enough).

So that situation above leads me to a conclusion that it MIGHT be a visual bug. It would be real bad if there was a real '2shot' hack on top of that 'visual bug'. Anyway this is real paranoia inducing stuff right here
    I hope the devs prioritise looking into that!

colpodiGenio,
    Did that scout kill you with full hp outright with that shot we see? Or did you mean '2 full shots' = 2 fully charged shots? Because 2 charged shots + 1 simple shot we see in the screenshot are totally enough to kill you full hp.
    I'd also make sure you understand that in the deathscreen one icon of, say, 'compound bow' doesn't mean one instance of damage - its the sum of all damage from that source. So 2 ch.shots+1shot from it would show 1 icon and ~1000+ damage under it (1125 for compound bow).
    Last edited by Farnbeak; 18th Jan 2016 at 14:35.

That might be true...also the "second" arrow seens like missing all the time flying a weird angle
    Nosgoth Eternal Player

Ok guys, a quick update! There IS such a VISUAL BUG ('2shot').

So I've paid attention to this matter and encountered a match yesterday where a scout player did a couple of '2shots'. Next thing I did was view the Noscam intensely and I found more 2shots there. More surprisingly I've encountered a prophet behind his back doing a 2shot at one moment. So I viewed him and at that particular 1-2 minute interval prophet player was doing like 20% twoshots. Ok I thought WOW, more offenders to be reported in 1 go! How arrogant of them using winter FX and the scout even using 2shots with charged arrow shots!
    But then I've seen a third player on their team using noFX swiftbow twoshot... OK since they're all from 1 country must've been a hackfest premade, right? "Hacker teams" as people say in their titles of steam community pub posts. Since I'm not the one to find easy proof to justify convenient answers and call it done I thought what's the other possible explanation? Server feeding broken info to your client (we've seen quite a lot of that in the past)? So how could I check if that was true?
    I rewinded to my team's human round to look for '2shots' done by me or my partymember. Since the Noscam file is generated not on the server but on your client machine and has the most accurate data of your shots and even damage numbers you won't see for the other players, watching myself was not an option. So I picked my teammate I've played with no less than half a year, who was not techsavvy enough to easily understand the cheats logic and possibilities when explained by me after calling cheaters on other people many times and who even posted in this very thread not long ago . And you know what? I've seen PLENTY OF 2SHOTS by that person there

TL;DR 2shots is a VISUAL BUG. Be attentive and see that they actually do singular damage.

Originally Posted by Farnbeak
    colpodiGenio,
    Did that scout kill you with full hp outright with that shot we see? Or did you mean '2 full shots' = 2 fully charged shots? Because 2 charged shots + 1 simple shot we see in the screenshot are totally enough to kill you full hp.
    I'd also make sure you understand that in the deathscreen one icon of, say, 'compound bow' doesn't mean one instance of damage - its the sum of all damage from that source. So 2 ch.shots+1shot from it would show 1 icon and ~1000+ damage under it (1125 for compound bow).
    Actually the shot on the picture is a charged shot. He hit me twice with charged shot and on afterdeath screen I saw more than 1000 dmg dealt to me by him. I'm not sure if he didn't deal a damage to me with simple shot but I'm sure that I didn't see them on the replay. I wish noscam wasn't so useless...

Moderating top players in Eternal

Lets face it guys, I've played against good honest people in Nosgoth. From many different rankings in Eternal. Hell, I even got to eternal in Leagues Beta 2.0 but my biggest concern is this, is there even a monitoring for the top 1 and 2 players? I recently played against and whom are still top 2 in eternal every season. They're obviously duoing. I get that. But when I spectate the match I just went up against them, they are doing very peculiar and suspicious things. As much as they(and other eternal players) deny it, there is a high possibility that they're hacking. I followed 's gameplay throughout the entire match and seen him kill a deceiver whom was completely invisible and did not even decide to attack him throughout the duration. Sure, I know you can hear the footsteps and sound cues when an enemy is nearby, but come on! It frustrates me to no end that people like myself and my other friend are grinding to get to Eternal the proper and fair way and yet these other players just laugh at us and use paid hacks or another.

Please, moderators of this company, I truly love this game but as of right now, the ranking system is broken. There is no anti-cheat system. No way to moderate the activities of suspicious people and no way to fairly let people climb the ladder. You've been giving and money every leagues beta season. They always maintain the top spot effortlessly every season.

Someone, anyone that is a part of the staff that works on this game, please respond to my question. Its highly ridiculous that you guys are giving money away to people who clearly violate your terms of use. Is there a future for this game? I don't think so. At least if there isn't anything done about hackers. New players get discouraged and leave the game. I've been playing this game since it came out of Alpha and have slowly witnessed the decline of new players and the playerbase.

Any response to this?

If anyone needs more clear evidence, I have recorded gameplay of both and .
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Feb 2016 at 12:54. Reason: Naming and shaming

& are not hacking neither is a majority of the people you think are hacking they have spent countless hours training their aim and synergy as a duo. They have been playing the game for a really long time. Just because they are better doesn't make them hackers.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Feb 2016 at 15:17.

Hi there Philaxus,

I've merged your thread into the main anticheat thread. As you can see concerns about cheating are nothing new in the community, however hopefully it's also clear that there are a number of systems in place to combat them and generally as with any competitive game the amount of false positives can be a challenge and far outweigh the amount of cheaters - but by and large those who are using unfair methods do get caught - it just takes time to implement sometimes.

Getting to your experience, I'm not really a staff member but I'll respond with what I know: First off, no class is ever completely invisible - this is often a cause of false positives when they are reported, but no you are not completely invisible - there are a number of subtle tells of your position. One of these is the footstep sound, another is that you actually throw up small clouds of dust which an experienced player can learn to spot as second nature.
    On top of this, as you rightly point out, communication can be key - most top ranking players will be using an external programs (such as teamspeak or skype) to communicate constantly with each other, pointing out positions of others and potential risks. In addition the game has a new 'ping' feature which allows you to put an indicator and description on an area or player. Last I checked the ping system did work for invisible Deceivers - the community did highlight this as a potential worry area for the ping system and they are currently working through to see if it has any unfair advantages and needs to be changed.

Secondly there are in fact several anticheat measures in place. We know that Steam's VAC system is in place as well as the Fairfight anticheat system and ESL Wire for the ESL matches: and the devs have hinted there may be others they won't tell you about. Those systems do take some time to analyse and definitively catch cheaters, but this is preferable to just chucking out everyone that has been given a bad report. Aside from this, the players that are in a position to receive monetary rewards have their performance reviewed and checked for cheating as a matter of procedure before any reward is sent - it's one of the reasons it takes time for the rewards to be sent through.

As any top-level player will tell you, there are not really a lot of cheaters, but there are a lot of people who call cheating over competitive gameplay where no cheating has taken place. Why is this so? The problem is not that players cheat but that new players can so easily encounter the top-level 'professional' players that know all the 'tells' and tricks - going up against that is a frustrating experience when you're not near that level and it's almost reasonable that people do not understand how they do it and call cheating. If you seriously think that people are hacking then please report them through steam and report them through the Nosgoth support site with any evidence you have - naming and shaming is not acceptable behaviour on a public forums (primarily because of the aforementioned false positives).
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

This forum has a no-naming-and-shaming policy, but to answer your concerns.

Originally Posted by Philaxus
    (...) seen him kill a deceiver whom was completely invisible and did not even decide to attack him throughout the duration. Sure, I know you can hear the footsteps and sound cues when an enemy is nearby, but come on!
    Killing invisible deceivers isn't a huge deal anymore. If you as much as suspect where a deceiver is you can ping the area and often the system will tell you exactly where he is.

[Redacted ]The game now is broken , cheats in . Playing two last days and guys with autoaim in all tdm :/
    Unistall and waiting for possible solved
    Bye bye nosgoth.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 6th Apr 2016 at 07:53.

Another first post sadvertiser.

Those hacks are a total rip off considering you can do all that without them. The pounces do not even land lol.
    Go sadvertise elsewhere and if you are not advertising remove your link.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Page 23 of 23 First First ... 131920212223