Thread: Comparing notes on Mirror's Wake 2nd challenge tomb

Comparing notes on Mirror's Wake 2nd challenge tomb

Hi, all. In the second challenge tomb in the Mirror's Wake level—the one with the burners all over the floor—I seem to be having a different experience than some other players. When I did the hole-in-one challenge, I was able to run in, trigger the lava monster and then run back into the hallway to fight it. Another player tells me the gate closes as he enters, making it impossible to run back outside.

I've looked up a couple of YouTube videos for this level and have seen both happen. Sometimes the gate closes and sometimes it stays open.

I'm wondering if this is a result of having gone in once for the relic and then gone after the hole-in-one challenge when replaying the level. Maybe the gate only closes the first time...? Can anyone confirm this?
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

Yep, the gate stays opened if you already took the relic.
    Adventure found me...

Thanks so much. I knew I could count on you.

Thumbs Up

To be honest I was about to say I couldn't remember but I was curious so I went and replayed the level (twice cause I died at one of the fire turning thingies downstairs). Congrats for your walkthgough by the way. It really is awesome and VERY clear !
    Adventure found me...

Thanks so much. That means a lot, especially from another walkthrough writer. I appreciate all your help with the artifacts/relics I missed and the other sections where I got stuck/confused. I'm starting the co-op walk now and will be adding screenshots to the single-player walk soon.

i have no idea what level your talking about,,,,,still havent playd game
    signature imageAngel of Darkness