Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: English trailer is up

English trailer is up

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8
    Agree that the ending saves it/makes it big time. The Barret line may have been better delivery wise but it was way too relaxed in the middle of a fight scene.

    I would also prefer more story and don't think it would ruin anything. I do wonder though how 'end of the world' matches up with a few people rioting over mechanical arms.

  2. #152
    Originally Posted by deggen
    Agree that the ending saves it/makes it big time. The Barret line may have been better delivery wise but it was way too relaxed in the middle of a fight scene.

    I would also prefer more story and don't think it would ruin anything. I do wonder though how 'end of the world' matches up with a few people rioting over mechanical arms.
    Well, we have to assume they aren't throwing out the DX story line (there has been no official word of a reboot that I've seen) -- as such, this game will likely set up the events of the "colapse" -- the after effects we are left to deal with in the first DX. So, the rioters might not end the world -- but there are a handful of secret societies, up-comming terrorist groups, multinational corporations and engeniered viruses that we know are coming. In DX, the world is in shambles. In DXHR, I'm assuming there is a chain of events that puts it in shambles.

    And while I agree that many of the lines of dialogue in the new trailer are wonky, you have to remember, like movie trailers, dialogue is cut and pasted on certain scenes. Barrett might not say his boy-scout line in the middle of a fight in the actual game, he could say it in passing or upon a first encounter, etc. Similar to the conversation between Adam and David in the office -- it keeps changing, and I wouldn't be surprised if all those lines are in the game somewhere... just not that exact location.

    Also, keep remembering -- this is the "english translation" ... I wouldn't be surprised if a little is lost in translation, as this was originally intended for a Japanese audience.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,173
    Originally Posted by singularity
    Well, we have to assume they aren't throwing out the DX story line (there has been no official word of a reboot that I've seen) -- as such, this game will likely set up the events of the "colapse" -- the after effects we are left to deal with in the first DX. So, the rioters might not end the world -- but there are a handful of secret societies, up-comming terrorist groups, multinational corporations and engeniered viruses that we know are coming. In DX, the world is in shambles. In DXHR, I'm assuming there is a chain of events that puts it in shambles.

    And while I agree that many of the lines of dialogue in the new trailer are wonky, you have to remember, like movie trailers, dialogue is cut and pasted on certain scenes. Barrett might not say his boy-scout line in the middle of a fight in the actual game, he could say it in passing or upon a first encounter, etc. Similar to the conversation between Adam and David in the office -- it keeps changing, and I wouldn't be surprised if all those lines are in the game somewhere... just not that exact location.

    Also, keep remembering -- this is the "english translation" ... I wouldn't be surprised if a little is lost in translation, as this was originally intended for a Japanese audience.
    The Collapse is a result of the end of DX1, and the post-Collapse world is dealt with in IW.

    DX1's dystopian world is due to the decline of civilization. The end of the world is the Collapse. That's why the line is so, so brilliant. "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Perfection. Ion Storm couldn't have written a better line for a prequel.

    That's right motherers I said it.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,377
    Originally Posted by jjc
    How am I missing this BR musical homage? I must not know the soundtrack well enough.
    To quote myself:

    During the Hengsha vista, a two-tone siren-like synth plays for a short while (just after the Square Enix logo disappears, and before the cut to Sarif's office). A similar sound forms part of the music during Blade Runner's scrolling prologue text.

  5. #155
    Originally Posted by Zakka
    I disagree. I actually really like the japanese voiceacting and woldnt mind playing the game a second time with japanese voices. But that's me, I'm a sucker for japanese voices.
    lol, im sure... I wonder if in the Japanese version all the girls sound like anime school girls on helium

  6. #156
    I'm getting a good laugh out of imagining Fedorova with that voice.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,710
    Originally Posted by OwlSolar
    I'm getting a good laugh out of imagining Fedorova with that voice.
    Lol!

    Japanese language is one of those languages that whenever you say something, it sounds badass, because the words sound heavy and ... cool.

    The cutscene in japanese sounded awesome, but mostly because i couldnt understand anything ; So it was mysterious o:

    But of course i'd play the english one.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

  8. #158
    Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Lol!

    The cutscene in japanese sounded awesome, but mostly because i couldnt understand anything ; So it was mysterious o:
    I like to imagine they were saying:

    "The cabbage is not like us, it is a carrot, like you Adam." - "I am an orange."


    But then again, that could be sleep deprivation talking... Off to sleep I go!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,710
    Haha!

    Boa noite, Mindmute.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

  10. #160
    Originally Posted by singularity
    Well, we have to assume they aren't throwing out the DX story line (there has been no official word of a reboot that I've seen) -- as such, this game will likely set up the events of the "colapse" -- the after effects we are left to deal with in the first DX. So, the rioters might not end the world -- but there are a handful of secret societies, up-comming terrorist groups, multinational corporations and engeniered viruses that we know are coming. In DX, the world is in shambles. In DXHR, I'm assuming there is a chain of events that puts it in shambles.

    And while I agree that many of the lines of dialogue in the new trailer are wonky, you have to remember, like movie trailers, dialogue is cut and pasted on certain scenes. Barrett might not say his boy-scout line in the middle of a fight in the actual game, he could say it in passing or upon a first encounter, etc. Similar to the conversation between Adam and David in the office -- it keeps changing, and I wouldn't be surprised if all those lines are in the game somewhere... just not that exact location.

    Also, keep remembering -- this is the "english translation" ... I wouldn't be surprised if a little is lost in translation, as this was originally intended for a Japanese audience.
    Reboot sounds like a better idea. Augmentations beat nano augs any day.

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567