Thread: Censorship?

Censorship?

Censorship?

No. I'm not talking about the pixelation. *slaps whoever was thinking that*

I'm talking about enemies just dropping on the spot in the PAL version of the game when killed. Is it just me or does the US version of the game feature enemies that react differently to the impact of a shotgun round to the chest for instance?
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

For me they just act like a ragdoll.

You've got a UK copy as well? Because I've seen clips of the highway level where an enemy got hit in the chest from close range with a shotty and it seems that he was blown back because of the impact.
    That never happened to me... However, with an exploding gas can; the enemies do fly about here and there.

Gamesweasel's review of K&L2 show this at 1'20". This has never happened to me...

However, if I'm not mistaken; Gamesweasel.com is a UK-based reviewer? I'm confused.

It depends really, while some bodys do slump onto the floor, expecially when you kill someone with a shotgun from afar. But when up close they don't go flying but do look like they got push over, just not over exagerated like in other games.

The corpses do seem stiff though.

*slaps whoever was thinking that*
    Ouch, I've been Pavlov's dogged.

PAL copy here, I believe it happend to me too, not exactly as in the video, but sometimes they do jump. I guess it's a random thing, or maybe based on the damage.

Originally Posted by UhUh
    Ouch, I've been Dog Man's dogged.
    There.
    Originally Posted by UhUh
    PAL copy here, I believe it happend to me too, not exactly as in the video, but sometimes they do jump. I guess it's a random thing, or maybe based on the damage.
    Could be random, yes.

Thumbs Up

That's one of the Best Random ragdoll moments i've seen in any IO Interactive games ... it was so elegant ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I don't think IO would censor some dead body wriggling. I wouldn't even think it would factor into the rating.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Thumbs Up

Probably censored in the Australian edition , because it might inspire the children to 'freak out' , or something like that ...

Naturally american children would never be inspired by that sort of crazy dance , so the ESRB let it pass ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.