Thread: Helicopter

Helicopter

1. Helicopter

Anyone remember how annoyingly hard that helicopter was in kane and lynch 1, when trying to get to the other side that *** er always ed me over, i eventually did complete it but i can never get back past that level when playing anymore, i just give up :/

Also, how amazingly amazing was the helicopter levels in this game, 2 of my favourite scenes just in 1 game, jizz in my pants.
    signature image

Cool

The one in the market was a bastard alright , my crew were just target practice for that helicopter , had to hide my buddies in the café to go out fetch them rpgs to blow up the Hindsight myself , that section could have been done better (then again i always played on Morphine so maybe the squad actually puts up a fight on easier difficulties ?) ...

The one in El Capitol was a Cool bastard however , i mean the way he swoops into the place while the puny revolutionaries 'tries' to charge to the capitol ? and with that beat music playing in the background , that was memorable ...

The helicopter scenes in Dog Days were just marvelous because it mimick Vice City Stories' ending , would be grand if Rockstar returns the homage by making a reference to Kane & Lynch in their next game ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I never had trouble with the helicopters in the first game. It was always the tanks for me. *** ty bull *** tanks, my *** stupid motherer teammates kept running into that *** line of fire, I'd have three whiny *** *es yelling at me to save them while I was trying to grab an RPG, and then I'd try to save one of them and I'd die because saving them puts me right into the *** line of *** fire.

I hated the tanks.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I always use the same strategy with the chopper; order my men to wait somewhere safe, grab the rocket launchers from the previous area, wait for the chopper and blast it three times. Bye bye, chopper.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    I never had trouble with the helicopters in the first game. It was always the tanks for me. *** ty bull *** tanks, my *** stupid motherer teammates kept running into that *** line of fire, I'd have three whiny *** *es yelling at me to save them while I was trying to grab an RPG, and then I'd try to save one of them and I'd die because saving them puts me right into the *** line of *** fire.

I hated the tanks.
    Nah , i think i did freaked out on them APCs on my first playthrough , now i just tell my men to stand back and applause to my marvelousness as i do all the hard work ...

But speaking of tanks , i think that was precisely what Dog Days was missing ...
    Just picture yourself being downed and there's nothing left to do but to use your desperate last shells of your trusty shotgun to hold up the tank ...

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I always use the same strategy with the chopper; order my men to wait somewhere safe, grab the rocket launchers from the previous area, wait for the chopper and blast it three times. Bye bye, chopper.
    Yes but lord oh lord , when you miss the rocket you have to say to yourself and run all the way back one more time , but worse of all is when the hind copter kills you ... and your crew is in the café ... and you're like Goddamn it Lynch run faster you fat bastard , need adrenaline now !!!! and then when Lynch finally arrives , the screen goes black ...

On Co-op you never get overdosed though , so i easily used one of the two to stand right next to pillar i use for cover , instant revive when needed , marvelous ...

PS : is it just me , or that hind chopper actually 'regenerates' itself if you miss your rpgs at it a couple of times ? ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    PS : is it just me , or that hind chopper actually 'regenerates' itself if you miss your rpgs at it a couple of times ? ...
    Yes. It pays a visit to the Cuban Chopper Chop Shop.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Wait, you can destroy the Hind in the market? My brother and I were freaking out over whether the Hindsight achievement is missable or not, so we died at least a dozen times trying to shoot down that goddamn helicopter
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

I sucked so much, Rose had to get me past the bit where you have a Crew of 15 or something and then abit later in the Level, she had to get past the Helicopter for me too.

To be totally honest, I don't suck at Games, I just couldn't do that for the life of me the first time. On Hard Mode she did the bit with your huge Crew because I continued to suck, but I did the Helicopter by myself.

I think she had more patience or was simply better than me, not sure. Probably both.

Exclamation

Both Hind chopper could be destroyed , but the achievement for getting rid of "the bird in the sky" is a story related unmissable achievement you get it for destroying the hind in the El Capitol chapter (you get Three story related achievements in that chapter , it's ridiculous) ...

The one in the market can be destroyed with any weapon you have , but three rpgs is still the most effective ...
    There was once were my crew all shot at the hind at the same time after i already shot two rpgs at it , destroying it , and no casualties from my side ...

Unfortunately my crew all perished forty seven seconds later , i knew it was too good to be true ...

Also , damn that Cuban Chopper Chop Shop , if this was Freedom Fighter , we would have destroyed the helicopter depot , and all the barracks too while we're at it ...

HOT DAMN ...
    Why wasn't that part of Dead Men 'like' Freedom Fighters ? with multiple mini-objectives , all optional , but just plain cool and adds that nice strategic feel to it ...

We need a Dead Men's director's cut , screw them DLCs , we Need the director's cut ! ...