Thread: The 'camera' wasn't that low quality now , was it ? ...

The 'camera' wasn't that low quality now , was it ? ...

Question The 'camera' wasn't that low quality now , was it ? ...

Quite frankly i thought that for such 'crappy' youtube quality image ... it was pretty good , was it not ? ...
    I mean , while it did 'flicker' around when you go through rooms with a different lightning/contrast image than the previous room you were in ... nothing looked 'poor' at all ...
    On the contrary , it showed the environment with much more depth and detail than any simple camera could achieve ...

So they (mostly the game critics) pretty much exaggerated when describing the visual style , did they not ? ...
    Or am i just missing something here ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I think it was more a deal of personal taste, some reviewers just didn't like the style while others thought that not photorealistic=bad camera and graphics. Haters be hatin' and all that.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Arrow

I'm quite surprised there wasn't any contest prior to the game's release asking fans to make their own youtube video of them running around in the street , scaring old ladies , and go to the grocery store , stand in line , and recite memorable quotes from Dead men ...

Winners gets a camera that has been stepped on and lens broken personnally by Brian Bloom and Jarion Monroe themselves ...

4. haters gonna hate
    signature image

The look emulates some of the YouTube vid characteristics for flavor but resolution-wise, it is very far from being the super-compressed 240p stuff. Also, the graphics underneath the filters stand up to anything out there. To say that the filters are hiding low res textures or models is BS. The only thing that's actually sub-par in KL2 is the animations and some of the particle effects.

And regarding the term 'photorealistic': it has been misused since day one when discussing KL2 . The game's image treatment makes it more photorealistic than just about anything out there. If you go by the terms' true definition that is. Most 'realistic' games are shooting more for some weird CG trompe l'oeil than actual photorealism. Even thought like KL2, they do emulate certain camera behaviors (DOF, blooming, lens flares, noise, etc..) no game does it with as much fidelity as Dog Days.
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Thumbs Up

man , i see now why everyone tells me to shut up , because if i spent my time meditating , and only posted twice per month like you , everything i say would be golden ! ...

*goes crying in the corner , muffins stuffed in the mouth* ...

Grievous seems to be in a heightened state of emotional distress lately.

As the local amateur psychologist, I recommend horribly painful electroshock therapy. I'll get out the jumper cables.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Wink

As a professional schizophrenic , i must say , you could have at least told me you were going to give me ice cream "through my mind" , that would have easily convinced me to sit on that chair of yours ...

i lovedd the style. dont know what some reviewers was complaining about.

as a matter of fact most of them didnt hate the camera. it was mostly destructoid and i dont listen to him anyways.

anyways, i loved the visual style and the attention to detail in the world design in this came is second to none. instead of chasing the guy in the first bit of the game i just walked around in the apartments looking at everything around me thinking "dayum, this is really convincing" and only snapped out of it when kane yelled at me once in a while to stop admiring the level designers and artist and join the fight.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    As the local amateur psychologist, I recommend horribly painful electroshock therapy. I'll get out the jumper cables.
    "Bite down on this"
    "Why?"
    "So you don't bite your tongue off"

Five muffins to whoever identifies the movie this is from
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    "Bite down on this"
    "Why?"
    "So you don't bite your tongue off"

Five muffins to whoever identifies the movie this is from
    One flew over the cuckoo's nest?
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Beeeeengo!
    Ah, great movie
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Arrow

Yeah i remember playing in that movie , i played some indian fella or something , they picked me because my long hair was genuine so no need to buy one of them expensive wigs , though i had to wake up at four in the morning for all that extreme make-up to make me look old and wise or some i don't know ...
    But then they had another actor to dub me in the end , and they lock me up into the asylum ... sad face ...

One Flew Over the Cuckoos's Nest is great movie, and a better book. At least I thought so.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos's Nest is great movie, and a better book. At least I thought so.
    Some here, man. I was actually trying to explain the book to a friend whom I let borrow the film. She couldn't grasp how crazy the Chief was in it.

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a natural hair wigs for women and it is perfect.

Critics just get their muffins by dowsing stuff and lighting it on fire and chew the fat. Like that guy in China who apologized on TV for accepting money to write fake stories about a company rival.

A really bad review I read once about 'Toxic Grind'. (BMX) They'd say it was really hard. Which made me think that they just weren't any good at it. Let's not jump back in to the days of 'Mario Bros' singularity format.
    XZX WAS HERE